Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries all in the turf?

Crunked

On another thread discussion stirred up about injuries and Lucas Oil Stadium Turf, I was curious. So I did a little digging, and although I couldn't find a reliable source for the most injured team, I did find the stats below from spotrac. I lay no claim to their accuracy, Just a quick bit of googling for the win here. The Colts have seemed injury prone to me over the last few years, and these numbers don't speak to the sheer number of injured from week to week, but before looking at them, I thought there might be some clear pattern of our danger prone daphne-ness (for my generation) or injury prone for the millennial sect .  I just didn't see a clear correlation looking back on the last 3 seasons.  Maybe its the trainers, maybe its the slimming baby shoulder pads, maybe its the floor of the stadium, or maybe its all in our heads....I am not so sure anymore, but the injury bug sucks no matter how you slice it.

2017:

Giants and Niners tied with 23.....Lions and Colts tied with 19....on I.R. so tied for 3rd worst at the moment

2016:

Colts finished the season tied for 20th with 12 I.R.

2015:

Colts finished tied for 15th with 15 on I.R.

Opps i dunno who posted first about this . sorry if mine was second it took me a lil while to type it and post it but if mods think them being the same oh well i guess. 

BTW thanks for doing some digging though . 

can you get info on like 2000 or so ? even just one year .to compare