Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 for -25

Coltfreak

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I will say this. If we get a new coach next year, he'll already have his own preferences that would be more likely to leave their spots on other teams if they have sort of trust between them. There's also the college route. Now that the college season is all but over, there will be a lot of coordinators looking for jobs at the NFL level. As of now, there isn't anything we can do as far as changes, but after the season, Ballard would have plenty of options should he go that route.

Yes that is true but even if Ballard has a few people in mind does not mean they will come here. If they have a good reputation then they will be looked at by other teams.

I have a feeling there will be more than a couple of teams looking for these positions come the end of the season.

There is so many unanswered questions on too many things to list.

52 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

You assume to many things including Paganos abilities 

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

So by using ONE week rankings as this sites indicates does not mean it stands all the time.

Quit hand picking things that are not true to make your point.

You have your opinion so making stuff up is not changing anyone's mind. All this has already been hashed out too many times now so why carry it on any further?

You have made you point over and over. The debate or arguing is over. Cant you see that?

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So by using ONE week rankings as this sites indicates does not mean it stands all the time.

Quit hand picking things that are not true to make your point.

You have your opinion so making stuff up is not changing anyone's mind. All this has already been hashed out too many times now so why carry it on any further?

You have made you point over and over. The debate or arguing is over. Cant you see that?

I didn't make it up.  Not my website 

seems like you still want to argue.    Move along if you don't like what I say.  

And be careful chopping wood 

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

I didn't make it up.  Not my website 

seems like you still want to argue.    Move along if you don't like what I say.  

And be careful chopping wood 

You will get your wish at the end of the season. Have you ever heard the saying 'beating a dead horse'?

No it's not your website but you just had to bring it in. Why? To make a point you been harping on over and over like a broken record?

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You will get your wish at the end of the season. Have you ever heard the saying 'beating a dead horse'?

No it's not your website but you just had to bring it in. Why? To make a point you been harping on over and over like a broken record?

I only I it to * you off 

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The time to make personnel/FO moves is not during the season.  Especially when they all know they won't be with the Colts at the end of the year.

Umm, actually yes, Chud's game plan has changed quite a bit over the past few weeks.  The are more passing plays that have more WRs in that 5-10 yard range instead of having just a TE or back in that range all the receivers 12+ yards.

Spoken like someone that has never played football.  It's one thing to work on it at practice and another thing to do with the bodies flying.  You say he could have saved sacks on half of them... so two plays.  That you think from sitting on your coach he could have thrown away.  That's worse crying about.  But here is a number for you.... 10-64 that is the sacks and yards lost the first time the Colts played Jax.  2nd time was 4-25.  That is quite a bit of improvement.

How do you know Pagano is not  Chud's headset asking him wth?

If you don't see those things then it's because you refuse to see them not because they do not happen.

nfl coach todd haley never played football at any level but coaches in the nfl, are you saying that just some guy who put on pads then followed the coaches instructions has more football knowledge than a guy  like this? this is spoken like someone who never coached football

8 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

nfl coach todd haley never played football at any level but coaches in the nfl, are you saying that just some guy who put on pads then followed the coaches instructions has more football knowledge than a guy  like this? this is spoken like someone who never coached football

I'm so glad coltfreak has a fan that will stand up for his buddy.

Haley is definitely an exception.  And yes someone who has played has more football knowledge than someone who has not.  And someone who has played has a better understanding that when you teach something it is not applied immediately on the field.  Often times the player tries but, once again, when the bodies are flying they revert back to old habits..

And here is the proof that a coach does not just tell a player something and it's immediately put to use.  Because that is why teams PRACTICE... every year.  They have off season programs and training camps, all to get that repetition.  Because that is the only way to develop the habits that will hold during a game.  Like my old coach was fond of saying, "practice does not make perfect.  perfect practice makes perfect and you have to practice a play a hundred times to get it perfect and then you have to practice it perfectly a hundred times to do it perfectly in a game." If all a coach had to do was say, you know you have a problem of holding the ball too long... that needs to stop." Then they would not have to practice.  And that is why, during the season, you see incremental changes in young players and not big leaps it's because during the year they have very little time to practice fundamentals, they are implementing the game plan.

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm so glad coltfreak has a fan that will stand up for his buddy.

Haley is definitely an exception.  And yes someone who has played has more football knowledge than someone who has not.  And someone who has played has a better understanding that when you teach something it is not applied immediately on the field.  Often times the player tries but, once again, when the bodies are flying they revert back to old habits..

And here is the proof that a coach does not just tell a player something and it's immediately put to use.  Because that is why teams PRACTICE... every year.  They have off season programs and training camps, all to get that repetition.  Because that is the only way to develop the habits that will hold during a game.  Like my old coach was fond of saying, "practice does not make perfect.  perfect practice makes perfect and you have to practice a play a hundred times to get it perfect and then you have to practice it perfectly a hundred times to do it perfectly in a game." If all a coach had to do was say, you know you have a problem of holding the ball too long... that needs to stop." Then they would not have to practice.  And that is why, during the season, you see incremental changes in young players and not big leaps it's because during the year they have very little time to practice fundamentals, they are implementing the game plan.

not anyones fan except the colts, anyway a good reply to my post, you could have took it wrong and gave me a wise guy answer, but you gave a good reply