Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 for -25

Coltfreak

4 sacks minus 25 yards    That was the line.  

An before a certain person comes on here and blames it on talent or Grigson like usual.... let's see where the blame lies for this constant issue that occurs week after week

We can blame Jacoby for holding the ball too long.... which he does for sure.  Not sure if he feels like he has to carry the team and feels the pressure is on him to win or bad play calling 

It seems that every play the Colts call when passing is a long developing play.   Which is great if you have a great Oline that can defend a pass rush for an extended period of time.   We can blame Chud here and say He either is a one trick pony.   Deep pass or bust, or possibly being told this is the offense they want to feature.   

How about Shottenheimer?   Why would he not be helping Brissett to know when to throw the ball away instead of trying to make something happen and instead of taking a sack or a 3-4 yard loss by running out of bounds instead  just throwing it away.

My opinion is that it is the combination of the 3  which leads me to my point.

I have a 7 yr old son at home and he likes to jump on the couch   And had I not told him that it wasn't OK ok to jump on the couch he wouldn't have known any different and would have continued.

Brissett may feel he has to make something happen... Chud thinks the long routes and deep passes are the only way and Shotty is ok with Brissett not taking a chance of throwing the ball away and getting intercepted or something.

But this is an on going issue and yes the Oline fails a lot but more often than not these sacks have very little to do with talent and more to do with play design and lack of coaching.

blame Chud.  Yep.   Blame Shotty yep. Blame Jacoby yep.   But the number one culprit is Pagano.   He sees this happening every day and he doesn't do anything about it.   He could be saying hey Chud.  We gotta get the ball out of the QBs hand with some quicker passes or he's not gonna make it through the season....  Hey Shotty.  Teach him when to tuck it way and when to throw it out of bounds.    And hey Jacoby.  This isn't all on you.   Play smarter and don't try to o too much.

But Chuck just lets his 7 yr olds keep jumping on the couch.

Chuck is to blame.   He is a horrible coach.   He doesn't put his teams in the right position to win anyone who thinks he's good enough to be here is crazy or just wants to argue 

he has had 2 winning season since he has been here and 3 non winning seasons in a row.

anyone that can support his coaching doesn't know anything about what it takes to be a good coach or really football in general

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

An before a certain person comes on here and blames it on talent or Grigson like usual.... let's see where the blame lies for this constant issue that occurs week after week

We can blame Jacoby for holding the ball too long.... which he does for sure.  Not sure if he feels like he has to carry the team and feels the pressure is on him to win or bad play calling 

It seems that every play the Colts call when passing is a long developing play.   Which is great if you have a great Oline that can defend a pass rush for an extended period of time.   We can blame Chud here and say He either is a one trick pony.   Deep pass or bust, or possibly being told this is the offense they want to feature.   

How about Shottenheimer?   Why would he not be helping Brissett to know when to throw the ball away instead of trying to make something happen and instead of taking a sack or a 3-4 yard loss by running out of bounds instead  just throwing it away.

I have a 7 yr old son at home and he likes to jump on the couch   And had I not told him that it wasn't OK ok to jump on the couch he wouldn't have known any different and would have continued.

Brissett may feel he has to make something happen... Chud thinks the long routes and deep passes are the only way and Shotty is ok with Brissett not taking a chance of throwing the ball away and getting intercepted or something.

But this is an on going issue and yes the Oline fails a lot but more often than not these sacks have very little to do with talent and more to do with play design and lack of coaching.

blame Chud.  Yep.   Blame Shotty yep. Blame Jacoby yep.   But the number one culprit is Pagano.   He sees this happening every day and he doesn't do anything about it.   He could be saying hey Chud.  We gotta get the ball out of the QBs hand with some quicker passes or he's not gonna make it through the season....  Hey Shotty.  Teach him when to tuck it way and when to throw it out of bounds.    And hey Jacoby.  This isn't all on you.   Play smarter and don't try to o too much.

Chuck is to blame.   He is a horrible coach.   He doesn't put his teams in the right position to win anyone who thinks he's good enough to be here is crazy or just wants to argue 

he has had 2 winning season since he has been here and 3 non winning seasons in a row.

anyone that can support his coaching doesn't know anything about what it takes to be a good coach or really football in general

Brissett is a young QB with little experience and the worst coaching in the league.

39 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Agreed, i posted today that i think he should be fired mid season like whats happening in NY, he is a great secondary coach but that IMO is his ceiling, he is in way over his head as a head coach, if he did not have Luck carrying this team in the past he wouldnt have the 2 winning seasons he has, without Luck his true colors as a HC show 3-9 bottom of the league.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Said it a long time ago that Chud should have been told dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. I was ridiculed by the senior joints of staff of this forum and they defended him. Pure trash of a coordinator.

6 minutes ago, ND Irish said:

Said it a long time ago that Chud should have been told dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. I was ridiculed by the senior joints of staff of this forum and they defended him. Pure trash of a coordinator.

I've always said the same 

4 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Chuck is likely going to be fired in a month.   But thanks so much for the one millionth thread explaining why Pagano sucks and needs to be fired. 

Pagano is going to be fired with exactly one losing season on his record.    Only here, on a Colts fan site, does that get distorted to "two winning seasons".    Anything to downplay what the man has done and crap on him at every opportunity.

I'm sorry this franchise doesn't have better fans....

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chuck is likely going to be fired in a month.   But thanks so much for the one millionth thread explaining why Pagano sucks and needs to be fired. 

Pagano is going to be fired with exactly one losing season on his record.    Only here, on a Colts fan site, does that get distorted to "two winning seasons".    Anything to downplay what the man has done and crap on him at every opportunity.

I'm sorry this franchise doesn't have better fans....

Nice that you spin that to one losing season instead of 2 winning seasons.   

Make it fit your argument 

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Of course you can't argue with anything I posted 

That is the point. To you it is an argument. To me it's a difference of opinion. You stated your opinion and I stated mine. Instead of accepting that for what it is you go all personal with you stalking my post with your ridicule and antagonizing.

Let me ask you a question.......... Don't you have anything better to do than worry about my opinions? 

You need to be more careful Coltfreak . If  you dare to state that your opinion is that Pagano and the coaching staff is failng the team, certain "Senior Members" will castigate, insult and revile you for daring to have an opinion! It is so bad that I have not bothered to participate here for several weeks. I just thought I should enlighten as to how people are treated here when they dare to have an opinion !!

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Nice that you spin that to one losing season instead of 2 winning seasons.   

Make it fit your argument 

Its not spin.    It's a fact.     I don't have to spin a thing.   The spin comes from those who don't give Pagano credit for 2012.   THAT's spin.   

And I've advocated for the Colts to move on from Pagano for this entire year.   Yes, dating back to the day Grigson was fired.

I expected the new GM to fire Pagano.   I assume Ballard did not at Irsay's request to hold off a year.  (My hunch).    And I've been expecting Pags to be fired all season.    I've had no problem letting Pags coach this season.    But this train wreck of a season was not hard to see coming.   Once Luck was lost, so was the season.

So in January, we will have a new HC.   I'm for it.    I just don't see the need to try and trash Pagano and his six years here at every opportunity.   And that's what many here do.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is the point. To you it is an argument. To me it's a difference of opinion. You stated your opinion and I stated mine. Instead of accepting that for what it is you go all personal with you stalking my post with your ridicule and antagonizing.

Let me ask you a question.......... Don't you have anything better to do than worry about my opinions? 

Pretty sure you came into my thread and said horse dung.    So maybe you better take the log out of your own eye before you worry about the splinter in mine 

Looking at Chuck's career here from an unbiased point of view and giving my opinions, here it is.

-His Regular Season record:

2012 = 2-2 while on the sideline (Arians was 9-3)

2013 = 11-5

2014 = 11-5

2015 = 8-8

2016 = 8-8

2017 = 3-9 so far (not having Luck all season is a huge reason why we are 3-9). Not 1 Coach can win consistently without their starting QB other than maybe Belichick.

-Totals = 43-37 which is Above Average. So he hasn't been Good to Great but hasn't sucked either. He is basically in the middle of the league of Coaches. Is he a Coach that can take us to a SB win, I say no so it's time for a change but he doesn't suck either. It's Trollish to say he sucks but I will agree he isn't getting us to a SB either. He does have 3 Playoff wins as well and a Championship Game berth which is Good but it's time for a new culture now that Ballard is here. I pretty much cant wait for him to get fired so we can quit seeing these Threads and us as fans can move on.

17 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

He doesn't know ny better and not being coached otherwise.     Horrible leadership from Pagano 

1st, it's not the HC job to correct players faults.  It's the head coaches job to help identify if there is an issue and tell the position coach what type of priority that item should get.

2nd, you have no idea what Pagano has done or not done regarding that. They may spend the first 30 minutes of every QB meeting going through each play in which he held the ball too long and discussing options.

3rd, it's unreasonable to expect that just because the coach says something that it will be immediately implemented by the player without fail during the game.

I get that people don't like Pags as a coach.  There is a lot of evidence to support he is an average coach.  But my word, do people really have to make things up in their own mind and then blame Pagano for that?  Seems childish and dumb to me.

18 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

1st, it's not the HC job to correct players faults.  It's the head coaches job to help identify if there is an issue and tell the position coach what type of priority that item should get.

2nd, you have no idea what Pagano has done or not done regarding that. They may spend the first 30 minutes of every QB meeting going through each play in which he held the ball too long and discussing options.

3rd, it's unreasonable to expect that just because the coach says something that it will be immediately implemented by the player without fail during the game.

I get that people don't like Pags as a coach.  There is a lot of evidence to support he is an average coach.  But my word, do people really have to make things up in their own mind and then blame Pagano for that?  Seems childish and dumb to me.

Your points using your scenario 

#1.  Fail if his assistance aren't listening or he doesn't see anything wrong so he's not telling the assistant 

#2 Fail.  If he is going Into meetings for 30 minutes and the player still doesn't get it then he is not coaching him properly.   In no way can Pagano just throw his hands in the air and say oh well I told him

#3. Immediately or after 9 games?   No improvement 

it's on coaching and it all comes from Pagano not leading

5 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Pretty sure you came into my thread and said horse dung.    So maybe you better take the log out of your own eye before you worry about the splinter in mine 

How many threads have you stalked me just waiting for your opportunity to run your wisenheimer mouth?

21 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Your points using your scenario 

#1.  Fail if his assistance aren't listening or he doesn't see anything wrong so he's not telling the assistant 

#2 Fail.  If he is going Into meetings for 30 minutes and the player still doesn't get it then he is not coaching him properly.   In no way can Pagano just throw his hands in the air and say oh well I told him

#3. Immediately or after 9 games?   No improvement 

it's on coaching and it all comes from Pagano not leading

I know I'm beating my head against a brick wall here. But

#1.  No it's not his responsibility.  And you have no idea what if anything he tells the positional coaches and assistant coaches.

#2  Again you have no idea what he has done or has not done.  If he has done some things and the player is not doing that, it's absurd to say the coaching isn't coaching him properly.  At some point the player needs to take responsibility and implement what the coaches teach them.

#3.  After 9 games is immediately, you really have no idea how long it takes to change bad habits do you?  Additionally, there has been improvement in the length of time he holds onto the ball and what he does with the ball when things start crumbling around him.

Lastly, It's very ignorant to say it all comes down to coaching and it's all on Pagano.  I'm not indicating Pagano is a good coach because I don't think he is.  But when there are multiple people involved to claim t's the fault of one person shows a complete lack of understanding of the real world.

So, like I said in my original post.  There is enough evidence that Pagano is an average coach, but yet some people feel the need to make something up in their head and blame Pagano for that as well.  Seems silly and a little stupid.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I know I'm beating my head against a brick wall here. But

#1.  No it's not his responsibility.  And you have no idea what if anything he tells the positional coaches and assistant coaches.

#2  Again you have no idea what he has done or has not done.  If he has done some things and the player is not doing that, it's absurd to say the coaching isn't coaching him properly.  At some point the player needs to take responsibility and implement what the coaches teach them.

#3.  After 9 games is immediately, you really have no idea how long it takes to change bad habits do you?  Additionally, there has been improvement in the length of time he holds onto the ball and what he does with the ball when things start crumbling around him.

Lastly, It's very ignorant to say it all comes down to coaching and it's all on Pagano.  I'm not indicating Pagano is a good coach because I don't think he is.  But when there are multiple people involved to claim t's the fault of one person shows a complete lack of understanding of the real world.

So, like I said in my original post.  There is enough evidence that Pagano is an average coach, but yet some people feel the need to make something up in their head and blame Pagano for that as well.  Seems silly and a little stupid.

Again.  If a coach can't get his assistants or players to do what he is telling them then He should find assistants and find some that will.  Or he is just a bad coach.   Not average.   Bad 

Have you seen Chuds game plan change after watching Brisset take a beating all season to get the ball out quicker?  I haven't.  And I'd love to hear from anyone who thinks it's adapted.   Who should be in Chuds ear telling him to change it up? My opinion that should be Pagano.   

To think that Brisset is being coached to get rid of the ball and doesn't means he is either extremely stupid or uncoachable which I don't think is the case.  He is not getting better.  In fact I think he is getting worse.   He could have saved sacks on at least half of them Sunday by throwing the ball away 

Do you think Bill Bellichek tells his coaches and players what he wants and if it doesn't happen he just lets it go? I'll bet he'd be in Chuds headset asking him wth?    But even before that telling him he needs to adapt and adjust

it we see none of that from Pags.   No game to game adjustments.  No halftime adjustments.  And no in game adjustments.    We just do what we do game in and game out 

Hes a bad coach.  

2 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Again.  If a coach can't get his assistants or players to do what he is telling them then He should find assistants and find some that will.  Or he is just a bad coach.   Not average.   Bad 

Have you seen Chuds game plan change after watching Brisset take a beating all season to get the ball out quicker?  I haven't.  And I'd love to hear from anyone who thinks it's adapted.   Who should be in Chuds ear telling him to change it up? My opinion that should be Pagano.   

To think that Brisset is being coached to get rid of the ball and doesn't means he is either extremely stupid or uncoachable which I don't think is the case.  He is not getting better.  In fact I think he is getting worse.   He could have saved sacks on at least half of them Sunday by throwing the ball away 

Do you think Bill Bellichek tells his coaches and players what he wants and if it doesn't happen he just lets it go? I'll bet he'd be in Chuds headset asking him wth?    But even before that telling him he needs to adapt and adjust

it we see none of that from Pags.   No game to game adjustments.  No halftime adjustments.  And no in game adjustments.    We just do what we do game in and game out 

Hes a bad coach.  

Just out of curiosity let me ask you a question....  Do you think it is easy to replace a OC, DC or any assistants at the drop of a hat? Most all the good ones are already under contract and no one can even approach them.

It's easy to sit on your couch and say what needs to be done but the reality is it don't work that way.

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity let me ask you a question....  Do you think it is easy to replace a OC, DC or any assistants at the drop of a hat? Most all the good ones are already under contract and no one can even approach them.

It's easy to sit on your couch and say what needs to be done but the reality is it don't work that way.

I will say this. If we get a new coach next year, he'll already have his own preferences that would be more likely to leave their spots on other teams if they have sort of trust between them. There's also the college route. Now that the college season is all but over, there will be a lot of coordinators looking for jobs at the NFL level. As of now, there isn't anything we can do as far as changes, but after the season, Ballard would have plenty of options should he go that route.

48 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Hes a bad coach.  

The time to make personnel/FO moves is not during the season.  Especially when they all know they won't be with the Colts at the end of the year.

Umm, actually yes, Chud's game plan has changed quite a bit over the past few weeks.  The are more passing plays that have more WRs in that 5-10 yard range instead of having just a TE or back in that range all the receivers 12+ yards.

Spoken like someone that has never played football.  It's one thing to work on it at practice and another thing to do with the bodies flying.  You say he could have saved sacks on half of them... so two plays.  That you think from sitting on your coach he could have thrown away.  That's worse crying about.  But here is a number for you.... 10-64 that is the sacks and yards lost the first time the Colts played Jax.  2nd time was 4-25.  That is quite a bit of improvement.

How do you know Pagano is not  Chud's headset asking him wth?

If you don't see those things then it's because you refuse to see them not because they do not happen.

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well it's not like this has all been a surprise to chuck.   Chud has been here for a while.  So he knows what he's all about.   He doesn't have to replace him (that will happen soon enough)!but he can certainly have him adjust his game plan to fit the personnel he has on hand.  

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The time to make personnel/FO moves is not during the season.  Especially when they all know they won't be with the Colts at the end of the year.

Umm, actually yes, Chud's game plan has changed quite a bit over the past few weeks.  The are more passing plays that have more WRs in that 5-10 yard range instead of having just a TE or back in that range all the receivers 12+ yards.

Spoken like someone that has never played football.  It's one thing to work on it at practice and another thing to do with the bodies flying.  You say he could have saved sacks on half of them... so two plays.  That you think from sitting on your coach he could have thrown away.  That's worse crying about.  But here is a number for you.... 10-64 that is the sacks and yards lost the first time the Colts played Jax.  2nd time was 4-25.  That is quite a bit of improvement.

If you don't see those things then it's because you refuse to see them not because they do not happen.

How do you know if I have played or not?

If he is in Chuds ear and Chud isn't listening then Chud should be gone and give Shotty a chance.  He fired Pep in season and replaced him. It's not uncommon   Hell Philbin can call plays he was the OC in Green Bay 

Brissett had plenty of chances to throw the ball away.   He's had plenty all season long.    

In fact this past game he scrambled out of the pocket rolled right and had a defender coming at him.   No escape but instead of throwing the ball away he kept running toward the sidelines and went out of bounds untouched for a 4 yd loss.   He was out of the pocket. He could have just thrown it away. But didn't.   This happens every game all game long.   

Hes not getting good good coaching 

26 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I wanted to add   22 - 128

that is the sacks for the last 5 games since the last Jax game.  

Average 4.4 - 25.6 yards lost per game. 

So so no I don't see an improvement.  

Cant believe anyone could