Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worried about Carson Wentz?

oldunclemark

Watching Carson Wentz make spectacular throws while he's going down.Sunday night against Seattle.

....seeing him..surviving 2 hits and still completing the pass...

...Breaking three tackles and running for a first down...it occurs to me.

He's taking all the same hits Andrew Luck took....all the physical punishment Andrew took

....all the twisting body contact Andrew got.

...I worry about him. He cant keep doing that. 

Edited by oldunclemark

49 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Watching Carson Wentz make spectacular throws while he's going down.Sunday night against Seattle.

He's taking all the same hits Andrew Luck took....all the physical punishment Andrew took

The same as Luck!? Not hardly.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

The same as Luck!? Not hardly.

Absolutely...watch closely next time he plays..

He gets hit all the time...some of its the line (LT out for the season..Some of its him extending plays..

Its not about wins or losses.completions or incompletions......its about how much he gets hit.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Didn't see the game, but looking at the score looks like the Eagles ran into a rough game finally. I thought they might be due to lose again soon but Seattle looked to really punish them.

I agree with OP. Wentz seems to play instinctively but does try to extend plays and takes chances in the process. Same as Luck. 

The Eagles had a comeback brewing until the refs started calling ticky tack junk for Seattle, then totally blowing a forward lateral call. And the Wentz fumble at the goal line was kind of a freak accident. I'd fear the Eagles right now. Even without the excuses they lost 1 just at the right time to be able to respond and be playoff ready.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Eagles had a comeback brewing until the refs started calling ticky tack junk for Seattle, then totally blowing a forward lateral call. And the Wentz fumble at the goal line was kind of a freak accident. I'd fear the Eagles right now. Even without the excuses they lost 1 just at the right time to be able to respond and be playoff ready.

Not throwing the challenge flag for the forward lateral cost the Eagles the game.

I blame the Patriots. Carson and the Eagles no doubt were looking ahead to the daunted Super Bowl and got nervous and lost a few and busted up Carson in the process.

At this point I almost want the Falcons to make the SB again to face their demons.......why not?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, oldunclemark said:

If he is done so are the eagles.

Just now, CF4L said:

The Eagles weren't going to beat the Pats not with that defense.

Teams like Baltimore, KC and the Broncos could beat the Pats but the Broncos don't have a QB that matters. KC is too erratic, Ravens Flacco is inconsistent.

Just hand them the trophy again.. not worth watching how it all plays out

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

are you serious....../   I am really hoping that is not true.....What a disaster for them and the league

As Carson Wentz walked off the field at one point, his left knee buckled. He headed to locker room, where Eagles treating knee they fear has a torn ACL, per source.

7 minutes ago, CF4L said:

I think the Panthers will win the NFC if so they can beat them otherwise yeah I will skip this SB like I did last year.

The last SB I watched was Manning's last game. 

I think the Vikings will win the NFC in if Philadelphia loses Wentz...

Eagles may play at home in the post-season with the backup QB

Oh wow, thought the Eagles lost this game but they didn't. But it won't matter in the long run if Wentz is seriously hurt.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

OMG

Not only would this be a huge blow for the Eagles and Wentz, but for the NFL as a whole too. 

I hope so badly it is just a sprain.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think the Vikings will win the NFC in if Philadelphia loses Wentz...

Eagles may play at home in the post-season with the backup QB

We got the Rams too, the pesky Seahawks. And the pattern lately seems to favor the NFC South for the big game.

18 minutes ago, CF4L said:

The Eagles weren't going to beat the Pats not with that defense.

Teams like Baltimore, KC and the Broncos could beat the Pats but the Broncos don't have a QB that matters. KC is too erratic, Ravens Flacco is inconsistent.

Chargers could give the Pats a tough game if they get in. Rivers is our best hope. 

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Ugh this is just horrible. They have a good backup QB but they won't win it all now or get to the Super Bowl likely.

Poor Wentz if this is true.

This is starting to remind me of last years Raiders.:wall:

:grumpy2:

He's injury prone, I say Philly should trade him like we should trade Luck, YUCK YUCK YUCK. Damage goods now. :sarcasm: Luck had 3 Very Good years to Great years and the media rips on him for being injured. Carr has 1 Very Good year = last year and same for Wentz = this year - Goodnight Irene on both. Chiefs just put Carr out of his misery too.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's injury prone, I say Philly should trade him like we should trade Luck, YUCK YUCK YUCK. Damage goods now. :sarcasm: Luck had 3 Very Good years to Great years and the media rips on him for being injured. Carr has 1 Very Good year = last year and same for Wentz = this year - Goodnight Irene on both. Chiefs just put Carr out of his misery too.

True.......have to say Luck has shown more longer then these other dudes have. 

I feel sorry for Wentz too since he does seem like a good guy. Such a shame. Carr I am kinda just bored with now, *yawn*.