Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Colts Head Coach Discussions (merge) The Indianapolis Colts Are Officially Eliminated From The 2017 Playoffs

BlueShoe

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Guess where ole Chuckie landed 

and for those that think he's good or even average.   haha

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

If you think you're making a point or have proved something -- you haven't.

The ranking is a function of the Colts record and the likelihood that Pagano will be fired.

When the Colts were winning his first three years his rankings were high.   When the Colts went 8-8 his rankings were in the middle if the pack.    And now that we have a bad record, he had a bad ranking.

Big flipping deal.   It's like saying when the sun is out that it's bright and when it's nighttime it's dark.    Thanks Capt. Obvious!

Great!   I just took a look and the website you linked is a couple of know nothing kids who put Pagano BEHIND winless Hue Jackson and FIRED Ben McAdoo!    

A completely WORTHLESS website.     

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The ranking is a function of the Colts record and the likelihood that Pagano will be fired.

When the Colts were winning his first three years his rankings were high.   When the Colts went 8-8 his rankings were in the middle if the pack.    And now that we have a bad record, he had a bad ranking.

Big flipping deal.   It's like saying when the sun is out that it's bright and when it's nighttime it's dark.    Thanks Capt. Obvious!

Of course.   haha

30 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Guess where ole Chuckie landed 

and for those that think he's good or even average.   haha

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

That's where I would have put him to. We've had some bad coaches here in Indy over the years. But to me and in my humble opinion, he's been the worst one with his stupid decisions he's made that is laughable unless you're a Colts fan then not so much. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sounds like your married to Pagano. 

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

That's where I would have put him to. We've had some bad coaches here in Indy over the years. But to me and in my humble opinion, he's been the worst one with his stupid decisions he's made that is laughable unless you're a Colts fan then not so much. 

Agree. Now be prepared to hear the opposite from a couple  of posters in 5.4.3.2.1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Great!   I just took a look and the website you linked is a couple of know nothing kids who put Pagano BEHIND winless Hue Jackson and FIRED Ben McAdoo!    

A completely WORTHLESS website.     

McAdoo went 11-5 last yr which is much more recent than Pag.crap and we know how you like to lean on the past 

Such a  subjective thing...  Peyton is the same HC as he's ever been, but he is suddenly better because of Kamara and free agents on D that are playing well?  Was Caldwell a 7.1, ranking 8th, on a 2-14 Colts team?  I think HC's get way too much credit and way too much blame in all of professional sports.  There is nothing to base any of that on other than opinion.

I don't know how much credence should be given to it, but what else do we have other than what we all say, which in a sense is reflected in this "study".... it is all opinion based, but how else does anyone judge a coach.

It appears that they rank them after each week based on what happens (decisions made) during the game and how it effects the outcome.  I can't say it is perfect by any means, but it is interesting.

In the end, I don't really need them to let me know that Chuck has outstayed his welcome here.

Thanks for sharing

6 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I don't know how much credence should be given to it, but what else do we have other than what we all say, which in a sense is reflected in this "study".... it is all opinion based, but how else does anyone judge a coach.

It appears that they rank them after each week based on what happens (decisions made) during the game and how it effects the outcome.  I can't say it is perfect by any means, but it is interesting.

In the end, I don't really need them to let me know that Chuck has outstayed his welcome here.

Thanks for sharing

If you look at the site close it is for one week, not a season or a career.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No the rankings were week by week.  There is a toggle at the top of the rankings.  In week one Any Reid was #1 and Chuck was #30.  It changes every week.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Also, you already know I am not advocating one way or another.  It is obvious though that there are more people calling for Chuck's job than not.  It only matters what one person thinks though... that was kink of my point.

38 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Sounds like your married to Pagano. 

Not even close.

I've spent all of 2017 saying this will be Pagano's last year and I was fine with that.    I've repeatedly said it's time for a change and I'm looking forward to our new coach.

But the website tells us nothing.

Does anyone even know who the people are who run this site?    Why should their opinion matter?    Why does anyone here think these people know anything more than those of us on Colts.com? 

Pagano us is probably going to lose his job in four weeks.    This constant noise by the haters is little more than graffiti...

41 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

McAdoo went 11-5 last yr which is much more recent than Pag.crap and we know how you like to lean on the past 

I like to lean on facts...

Like Sean Payton was 7-9 three straight years.   Now he has much more talent and he's winning.   

Why should anyone pay attention to this site?    Do you know who they are?   What's their background?     Why should anyone care what they have to say?

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Not even close.

I've spent all of 2017 saying this will be Pagano's last year and I was fine with that.    I've repeatedly said it's time for a change and I'm looking forward to our new coach.

But the website tells us nothing.

Does anyone even know who the people are who run this site?    Why should their opinion matter?    Why does anyone here think these people know anything more than those of us on Colts.com? 

Pagano us is probably going to lose his job in four weeks.    This constant noise by the haters is little more than graffiti...

Okay, I agree with you and it was nothing personal to you. I just have been frustrated Pagano for years now and not just for the loses either. 

This is a prime of example of recency bias and it's so easy to see.

Jim Caldwell, a guy who some of y'all ripped more than Pagano, is 8th. Mike McCarthy, whose star QB is also out, is somehow 18th. Doug Marrone, whose done a great job in Jacksonville I might add, is 9th, ahead of Harbaugh, Rivera, Garrett, McCarthy, Tomlin and Pete Carroll, who is somehow the 23rd best coach in the league.

One of the dumbest lists I've seen in a while.

OH and Pagano isn't the worst coach in the league at all, and for those of y'all who think it is, clearly have no understanding of what true suck is. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Jim Caldwell, a guy who some of y'all ripped more than Pagano, is 8th. Mike McCarthy, whose star QB is also out, is somehow 18th. Doug Marrone, whose done a great job in Jacksonville I might add, is 9th, ahead of Harbaugh, Rivera, Garrett, McCarthy, Tomlin and Pete Carroll, who is somehow the 23rd best coach in the league.

OH and Pagano isn't the worst coach in the league at all, and for those of y'all who think it is, clearly have no understanding of what true suck is. 

Thank you!!     One of the best posts of this or any other year!!    You used FACTS to crush this silly little website!

I only wish those who fall for this nonsense, hook, line and sinker would finally wake up and give it a rest until the end if the year.   You're going to get your wish then.....

11 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I mostly agree with your statement, but out of all fairness it is a weekly ranking.... it wasn't intended to be all end all.  It seems somewhat fair to me.

I didn't look at every week, but I did see one where Chuck was mid pack and Payton was top three.  It is game by game rankings and it includes several parameters.  Head to head comparisons, in game adjustments vs results type thing and more. 

To just dismiss it is not fair really and I only say that because there is nothing else out there like this that I know of and even IF the people who "run the site" are virtually unknown they put a lot of work into it.

I don't hate Pagano and I wish I could say I want him to stay around but I can't.  For me this site isn't about showing CP at 32, it is just a tool to see what all coaches have done week-to-week and compare results.  I don't see any harm in that.

Again, what else do we have to look at?   We all have opinions and this is just mine.

9 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I mostly agree with your statement, but out of all fairness it is a weekly ranking.... it wasn't intended to be all end all.  It seems somewhat fair to me.

I didn't look at every week, but I did see one where Chuck was mid pack and Payton was top three.  It is game by game rankings and it includes several parameters.  Head to head comparisons, in game adjustments vs results type thing and more. 

To just dismiss it is not fair really and I only say that because there is nothing else out there like this that I know of and even IF the people who "run the site" are virtually unknown they put a lot of work into it.

I don't hate Pagano and I wish I could say I want him to stay around but I can't.  For me this site isn't about showing CP at 32, it is just a tool to see what all coaches have done week-to-week and compare results.  I don't see any harm in that.

Again, what else do we have to look at?   We all have opinions and this is just mine.

Even so, it's kinda silly that the 8-4 Seahawks' coach is 23rd, especially since he JUST beat number 2 Doug Pederson. If it's a week to week thing, how is Pagano behind Hue Jackson, Kyle Shahanahan, and Ben McAdoo?

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Even so, it's kinda silly that the 8-4 Seahawks' coach is 23rd, especially since he JUST beat number 2 Doug Pederson. If it's a week to week thing, how is Pagano behind Hue Jackson, Kyle Shahanahan, and Ben McAdoo?

I know man, thats why I said I agree with you mostly.

It is just interesting to me to see someone put something together and at least attempt to "grade" these guys.  When the dust settles wins vs losses are all that matter.

This is just an attempt to figure out why one is happening more than the other.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like to lean on facts...

Like Sean Payton was 7-9 three straight years.   Now he has much more talent and he's winning.   

Why should anyone pay attention to this site?    Do you know who they are?   What's their background?     Why should anyone care what they have to say?

We have no clue your background either.  Why should we pay attention or care what you said?

find me a site where he's ranked #1 and then we can debate....

the amount of people who thinks he is horrible out weighs the people who think he is great good or even average by about a million to one    You and crazy dude and maybe one or two other defend him relentlessly.  Which greatly diminishes your credibility when talking about the Colts.  On top of that you got here when PAG.crap did so maybe you have a special relationship 

I know you've come to the realization that he is a goner.  But you went kicking and screaming.....  and defending all the way 

Modt of of on here come with tar feathers and pitchforks. And you try to reason away (unreasonably) our disgust and bitter resentment for the guy who broke Andrew Luck and wasted away 6 yrs of his career....  while other less talented QBs have passed him by.  

so so pardon me if I can't even consider him anything but a worthless waste as a HC 

He has ALWAYS been in over his head.

4 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

We have no clue your background either.  Why should we pay attention or care what you said?

find me a site where he's ranked #1 and then we can debate....

the amount of people who thinks he is horrible out weighs the people who think he is great good or even average by about a million to one    You and crazy dude and maybe one or two other defend him relentlessly.  Which greatly diminishes your credibility when talking about the Colts.  On top of that you got here when PAG.crap did so maybe you have a special relationship 

I know you've come to the realization that he is a goner.  But you went kicking and screaming.....  and defending all the way 

Modt of of on here come with tar feathers and pitchforks. And you try to reason away (unreasonably) our disgust and bitter resentment for the guy who broke Andrew Luck and wasted away 6 yrs of his career....  while other less talented QBs have passed him by.  

so so pardon me if I can't even consider him anything but a worthless waste as a HC 

He has ALWAYS been in over his head.

OK....    lots of ground to cover.    Apologies that this will be a long post, but I'm trying to answer all of your issues and concerns.

First, I looked at your profile and you joined in 2015.    But most people here know who I am.    You're not the first person to challenge me.     I've defended myself a number of times here.    I suspect a number of people will roll their eyes as I do it again.

I'm 60 years old and have followed the NFL for 50 years.     I was a member of the news/sports media here in Los Angeles for 30 years.   I covered both the Rams and the Raiders.     I have interviewed NFL owners, GM's, Dir. of Player Personnel,  Scouts,  Head Coaches, Coordinators,  assistant coaches and other team personnel.    The number of players I've interviewed easily numbers in the hundreds -- and that's just the NFL.    In all sports,  that number would be in the thousands.     I'm in Los Angeles, so we're talking Rams, Raiders, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, King, Ducks,  USC and UCLA.    And that doesn't count the lesser sports like Golf, Tennis, Soccer and on and on.    Or otheer colleges and even high schools.

As I noted,  others have challenged me and I've posted my resume' here. 

We agree that the amount of people who hate Pagano far out numbers those who support him.    That doesn't interest me in the least.    This may be a very passionate fan base,  but it's NOT a very informed fan base.   By the way,  this is NOT the first time I've stated this.    Hard information and facts don't interest many people here.     Opinions are the most important thing on this website -- by far!    And most opinions here have little to back it up.     So,  I'm not impressed by that argument.    Don't get me wrong,  I like the vast majority of people here, I really do.     I wouldn't spend the time that I do here if I didn't.    But passionate does not equal knowledgable.

I'm not going kicking and screaming about Pagano.    I just would like arguments to be presented that are fair and reasonable.  

Pagano is getting the same treatment as Grigson got.    Reduce them to cartoon characters.   Insist that they never did anything right or good and act as if everything they ever did was bad or wrong.     That's what fans do.    It's not what people who know football do.     Nobody is all bad or all good.    But that's what fans here did to Grigson and are tryig to do with Pagano.   I won't do that.

I don't see what's unreasonable about saying Pagano is an average head coach and the team and Andrew Luck deserve better?     But the tar and feathers crowd who carry the pitch forks and lit torches won't stand for that.  I've never ever liked being with the crowd or the mob.     And that's what some of these anti-Pagano threads have become.    Pagano's run will end in four weeks.    Let it end and move on to the new guy who replaces him.

Hope that covers all your concerns.    If you have more,  please feel free to ask them.    I'll answer directly, or privately if you prefer.

Michael Forrest

NewColtsFan

p.s. -- one other thing...   though I didn't attend Stanford, I've been a fan of the school for about 45 years or so.     So many people here know me as the Stanford guy.    I told people here about Henry Anderson two years before we drafted him.    I also predicted we'd draft Anderson in the 3rd round,  and we did.    I'm a Colts fan because Andrew Luck is a Colt.   

Pagano isn’t a bad coach, one losing season in six years is good.  Before people say it’s all Andrew Luck let’s not forget two years ago he coached a team that went 8-8 without Andrew Luck for over half the year and actually had a better record without him that season than with him.

However, just like how most coaching jobs in the NFL end, it’s time for both parties to make a change.  I have no doubt Pagano will go be a coach somewhere else.  I also think he’s worn out his welcome here and the Colts need new leadership.  Not every coach gets to pick when they leave like Dungy did most wear out their welcome and a change is made.  It can be good for both parties.  Just like with Caldwell.  He’s gone on to have success in Detorit and the Colts had success with Pagano as well.  

As for who I want I have no idea unless John Harbaugh somehow gets fired but I think that’s extremely unlikely at this point.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pagano isn’t a bad coach, one losing season in six years is good.  Before people say it’s all Andrew Luck let’s not forget two years ago he coached a team that went 8-8 without Andrew Luck for over half the year and actually had a better record without him that season than with him.

However, just like how most coaching jobs in the NFL end, it’s time for both parties to make a change.  I have no doubt Pagano will go be a coach somewhere else.  I also think he’s worn out his welcome here and the Colts need new leadership.  Not every coach gets to pick when they leave like Dungy did most wear out their welcome and a change is made.  It can be good for both parties.  Just like with Caldwell.  He’s gone on to have success in Detorit and the Colts had success with Pagano as well.  

As for who I want I have no idea unless John Harbaugh somehow gets fired but I think that’s extremely unlikely at this point.

Everyone who follows this forum knows exactly what I think about Pagano.

I have been attacked, ridiculed, stalked with the intention of antagonizing and insulted just because I see things different.

The problems the Colts have goes much deeper than Pagano. There is no coach I can think of that would make this roster a winner. What I don't understand is the out and out hate of rabid fans who refuse to look and see why this team is losing. It's easier for them to blame Pagano and lay it all on him.

We will get better after he is fired but it wont be because we have a new coach. That will all depend on how well Ballard's drafts go and the quality of the free agents signed. Getting a healthy Luck will also make a big difference.

Like it or not Pagano took a 2-14 team to a AFC championship game in three seasons. Those rabid fans  make all the excuses they can think of to devalue what Pagano did. As soon as the draft picks and the free agents started busting Pagano didn't have the talent to continue to win. The bad choices someone else made  caught up to the team and winning became impossible. A head coach needs the right tools to win and Pagano was not supplied with the tools needed.

I will support whoever is hired but I will always believe Pagano is a scapegoat for something out of his control.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK....    lots of ground to cover.    Apologies that this will be a long post, but I'm trying to answer all of your issues and concerns.

First, I looked at your profile and you joined in 2015.    But most people here know who I am.    You're not the first person to challenge me.     I've defended myself a number of times here.    I suspect a number of people will roll their eyes as I do it again.

I'm 60 years old and have followed the NFL for 50 years.     I was a member of the news/sports media here in Los Angeles for 30 years.   I covered both the Rams and the Raiders.     I have interviewed NFL owners, GM's, Dir. of Player Personnel,  Scouts,  Head Coaches, Coordinators,  assistant coaches and other team personnel.    The number of players I've interviewed easily numbers in the hundreds -- and that's just the NFL.    In all sports,  that number would be in the thousands.     I'm in Los Angeles, so we're talking Rams, Raiders, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, King, Ducks,  USC and UCLA.    And that doesn't count the lesser sports like Golf, Tennis, Soccer and on and on.    Or otheer colleges and even high schools.

As I noted,  others have challenged me and I've posted my resume' here. 

We agree that the amount of people who hate Pagano far out numbers those who support him.    That doesn't interest me in the least.    This may be a very passionate fan base,  but it's NOT a very informed fan base.   By the way,  this is NOT the first time I've stated this.    Hard information and facts don't interest many people here.     Opinions are the most important thing on this website -- by far!    And most opinions here have little to back it up.     So,  I'm not impressed by that argument.    Don't get me wrong,  I like the vast majority of people here, I really do.     I wouldn't spend the time that I do here if I didn't.    But passionate does not equal knowledgable.

I'm not going kicking and screaming about Pagano.    I just would like arguments to be presented that are fair and reasonable.  

Pagano is getting the same treatment as Grigson got.    Reduce them to cartoon characters.   Insist that they never did anything right or good and act as if everything they ever did was bad or wrong.     That's what fans do.    It's not what people who know football do.     Nobody is all bad or all good.    But that's what fans here did to Grigson and are tryig to do with Pagano.   I won't do that.

I don't see what's unreasonable about saying Pagano is an average head coach and the team and Andrew Luck deserve better?     But the tar and feathers crowd who carry the pitch forks and lit torches won't stand for that.  I've never ever liked being with the crowd or the mob.     And that's what some of these anti-Pagano threads have become.    Pagano's run will end in four weeks.    Let it end and move on to the new guy who replaces him.

Hope that covers all your concerns.    If you have more,  please feel free to ask them.    I'll answer directly, or privately if you prefer.

Michael Forrest

NewColtsFan

p.s. -- one other thing...   though I didn't attend Stanford, I've been a fan of the school for about 45 years or so.     So many people here know me as the Stanford guy.    I told people here about Henry Anderson two years before we drafted him.    I also predicted we'd draft Anderson in the 3rd round,  and we did.    I'm a Colts fan because Andrew Luck is a Colt.   

I don't think anyone is going to yield to your "superior" knowledge just because you claim to have interviewed hundreds of athletes.  Everyone has their own view.  Pagano has far greater credentials than you. He is skewered, (with good reason), by at least half of the posters.  Very famous reporters are commonly ridiculed.  You think you are somehow above that because you think you "know football"?

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This may be a very passionate fan base,  but it's NOT a very informed fan base.   By the way,  this is NOT the first time I've stated this.    Hard information and facts don't interest many people here.     Opinions are the most important thing on this website -- by far!   

I will say this:

As far as this forum is concerned you have a valid opinion. However this forum represents a very small fraction of the entire Colts fan base. You may be surprised if you look elsewhere outside of the internet about Colts fans. 

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who cares?   Why should the ESPN opinions matter?   Why should your opinion matter?   Why should my opinion matter?  

It seems you are taking this list WAY too serious.   It's just someones opinion.  Read it if you want, ignore it if you want.  Enjoy the conversation it creates if you want.  No need to question why.  

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Everyone who follows this forum knows exactly what I think about Pagano.

I have been attacked, ridiculed, stalked with the intention of antagonizing and insulted just because I see things different.

The problems the Colts have goes much deeper than Pagano. There is no coach I can think of that would make this roster a winner. What I don't understand is the out and out hate of rabid fans who refuse to look and see why this team is losing. It's easier for them to blame Pagano and lay it all on him.

We will get better after he is fired but it wont be because we have a new coach. That will all depend on how well Ballard's drafts go and the quality of the free agents signed. Getting a healthy Luck will also make a big difference.

Like it or not Pagano took a 2-14 team to a AFC championship game in three seasons. Those rabid fans  make all the excuses they can think of to devalue what Pagano did. As soon as the draft picks and the free agents started busting Pagano didn't have the talent to continue to win. The bad choices someone else made  caught up to the team and winning became impossible. A head coach needs the right tools to win and Pagano was not supplied with the tools needed.

I will support whoever is hired but I will always believe Pagano is a scapegoat for something out of his control.

It isn't all paganos fault, he is going to be the scape goat though, that's for sure. 

3 hours ago, Roger said:

I don't think anyone is going to yield to your "superior" knowledge just because you claim to have interviewed hundreds of athletes.  Everyone has their own view.  Pagano has far greater credentials than you. He is skewered, (with good reason), by at least half of the posters.  Very famous reporters are commonly ridiculed.  You think you are somehow above that because you think you "know football"?

I didn't offer my background on my own.

i was ASKED what my background and knowledge of football.  I answered.

If you think I'm not any smarter than anyone else then that's your right.   My posts speak for themselves.   You can like them or not.    Apparently you chose not.

And I'm ok with that.    You can't please everyone.....

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I will say this:

As far as this forum is concerned you have a valid opinion. However this forum represents a very small fraction of the entire Colts fan base. You may be surprised if you look elsewhere outside of the internet about Colts fans. 

Honest question.    Where else would I look?    Other Colts websites, or somewhere else?    

If you have a recommendation,  I'd be curious to know?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Who cares?   Why should the ESPN opinions matter?   Why should your opinion matter?   Why should my opinion matter?  

It seems you are taking this list WAY too serious.   It's just someones opinion.  Read it if you want, ignore it if you want.  Enjoy the conversation it creates if you want.  No need to question why.  

You're free to enjoy whatever you want.   Just as I'm free to point out the flaws.   By the way if you follow the rest of the thread my post was mild.    Other posters had much better and more critical comments to make about the website.

And while you think I take the website too seriously I'd simply point out that the person who took it the most seriously was the poster who started a new thread with it.    He thought he was offering some special insight about Pagano and win the argument that Pags is a bad coach.    It pretty much backfired.

I comment on websites like that because as a media guy I can spot bad websites and point them out in ways some here can not.    It helps to frame discussion and debate.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn't offer my background on my own.

i was ASKED what my background and knowledge of football.  I answered.

If you think I'm not any smarter than anyone else then that's you're right.   My posts speak for themselves.   You can like them or not.    Apparently you chose not.

And I'm ok with that.    You can't please everyone.....

Actually, I would never associate sports opinions with intelligence.  Its' just entertainment.  If you think you are "smarter", that's a good indication that you are not.

11 minutes ago, Roger said:

Actually, I would never associate sports opinions with intelligence.  Its' just entertainment.  If you think you are "smarter", that's a good indication that you are not.

You can choose to think if it as entertainment and casually dismiss it.   But the NFL is a multi billion dollar business.  People make thei livelihood on it.    As a former member of the media, I made my livelihood on covering news and entertainment.     So what might be entertainment to you is big important business to others.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.    No one would say otherwise.   But that doesn't mean all opinions are the same.   That doesn't mean all people have the same level of information or understanding.    I would think that would be obvious.    But maybe not......

And I didn't link sports opinions with intelligence.   I associate them with being informed or not.   There's a difference.....