LucasOilStadium

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

TY pushed the route up field rather than crossing the face of the safety. I blame him. 

Yeah why did he do that...is he just worried about getting smoked by the safety so he left his team out to dry? If so that’s pretty gutless.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

We need to draft or bring in another QB to compete with Brissett.  If Brissett is your starter for more than 2-3 games, forget about it.  You're not going anywhere.

If we are in a situation where we need another QB to compete with Brissett, then we're probably not going to solve those problems by having another QB to compete with Brissett.  If Luck can't come back next year then we had better be in total rebuild mode, otherwise we will be on track to becoming the Browns in the long term.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Picked off! Man we got no points. 16-3 at Half.

It appears that was Hilton's fault all the way. You saw where Brissett was throwing the football to a spot Hilton should have been. I like his upside but Hilton drives me nuts he is not and probably will not ever be a super star because his head holds him back

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah why did he do that...is he just worried about getting smoked by the safety so he left his team out to dry? If so that’s pretty gutless.

That’s exactly why he did it.  JB & TY don’t have the chemistry where JB knows TY will push that route up the seam at the last second.  He threw it like he would continue on his path.  If he had done so it would have been a great throw & catch.

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

If we are in a situation where we need another QB to compete with Brissett, then we're probably not going to solve those problems by having another QB to compete with Brissett.  If Luck can't come back next year then we had better be in total rebuild mode, otherwise we will be on track to becoming the Browns in the long term.

I thought we were trading Brissett for a 2nd rounder ? I thought a 5th or 6th but was smartly corrected. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Situational QBing is a huge problem for Brissett. Red zone, 3d downs, etc... What Luck excelled at last year is what is failing us this year offensively.

Luck is just much better and a closer. Nothing against Brissett, as I have said before he is a Great backup, could be a Good starter with more experience? With Luck don't you think we wouldn't of won or held on to some of the leads we have had in some of these close games. When healthy Luck is easily a Top 10 QB in the league. Cant lose a guy like that and replace him with a backup QB and expect the same results.

22 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

In most scenarios I would agree with you, but this is a lost season at this point.  I wouldn't mind seeing them take some strategic risks (not risks that increase the risk of injury) to maybe give themselves a chance.

I disagree completely we got shut out last time we played them. Get points first and then work towards being competitive for heavens sakes

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I thought we were trading Brissett for a 2nd rounder ? I thought a 5th or 6th but was smartly corrected. 

I'm not getting into that.  A second rounder seems high to me, but whatever.  The point is that he is not the long-term solution at QB.  He is a serviceable backup, and that is the extent of his abilities.  If Luck can't come back next season, then it is time to strip this team down and build it back up around another QB.  That QB is not going to be Brissett or anybody that is brought in to "compete" against him.........at least I hope not.

7 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

It appears that was Hilton's fault all the way. You saw where Brissett was throwing the football to a spot Hilton should have been. I like his upside but Hilton drives me nuts he is not and probably will not ever be a super star because his head holds him back

TY is the best WR we have and Luck trusts him the most. He isn't Great but Very Good. Today he isn't playing well but he is the least of our problems in the future.

20 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Jalen stays shutting down TY :flaming:

on a second note let’s trade our 3rd round pick for him

TY was open behind Jalen. A good throw there and it’s a touchdown to TY.  Yeah, maybe it was meant for TY to bring it back, but I think a good QB makes the adjustment and throws the TD.  

4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I disagree completely we got shut out last time we played them. Get points first and then work towards being competitive for heavens sakes

...and I argued pretty aggressively last time that getting shut out doesn't matter.  If you get shut out or you score 3 points, who cares?  That doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters in terms of score differential is whether you win or lose.  I don't give a flying flamingo about playing to keep the losing score closer.  That is pointless.  "Well, we lost, but we didn't get shut out this time."  Who cares?  Does going for it on 4th and 1 mean that you are probably going to lose by more or even get shut out if you don't make it?  Yeah, but you're probably going to lose if you take the 3 there, so who cares?  The Colts are a team now that has to take some strategic risks to even have a reasonable chance at winning.......and even that is not going to guarantee a victory.

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

TY was open behind Jalen. A good throw there and it’s a touchdown to TY.  Yeah, maybe it was meant for TY to bring it back, but I think a good QB makes the adjustment and throws the TD.  

That's a chemistry thing, and that's forgivable.  Keep in mind that Brissett got thrown into the fire a few games into the season and didn't get training camp with these guys.  There are going to be differences in interpretation like that (if the receivers are given the freedom adjust their routes based on their interpretation of the coverage).