Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

weak defense

OLD FAN MAN

what are we going to do fill their spots with low dollar no name players no one else wants

Nice first post....

facepalm.gif

Session will be replaced most likely by Ernie Simms. If he doesn't work out Kavell Conner is going to step into that role just fine.

Sanders is going to be replaced by this guy named Melvin Bullitt.

Nice first post....

facepalm.gif

Session will be replaced most likely by Ernie Simms. If he doesn't work out Kavell Conner is going to step into that role just fine.

I hear that Bullitt guy is pretty good. Maybe even keepin Bob's spot warm for years.

Session? Yeah, i remember him. We may have a runnin game against Jags now.

We really haven't lost anything by losing Bob because he really hasn't done anything significant since 2007. Melvin Bullitt has already proven that he is more than capable enough to start and be effective. For Session, that one may hurt a bit, but I liked what I saw from Conner last year as a rookie, and hopefully he has grown in the offseason. We also got Ernie Simms who should make an impact.

sims is a no name bench warmer not a starter bulitt is good but not a game changer like sanders what was poulian thinking

Ok, you win. I dunno what "poulian" (who?) is thinking.

Because we're putting these two guys on the field we suck and we're bound to end up 0-16.

These guys just CAN'T be productive starters because they aren't top names at their position. It's just physically impossible.

Nevermind Bullitt has been MORE than effective in his limited time starting, and Sims had a really solid season last year, and fits perfectly into our defense and should have another huge season.........

What we need to do is trade our future #1 picks and get Ed Reed and Tamba Hali...

Nice first post....

facepalm.gif

+1 for u Waylon.

Terrific first post. It was substantive, introspective and so packed full of content that I might submit Jim's article to a major sporting publisher.

On topic, if there is one....

Looking at the defense from a distance, I feel better about our D than I have in years. We have a new philosophy that wasn't given the proper personnel to reach it's potential last year, mostly due to injury but also due to an absence of the right guys to execute.

My prediction is that our defensive numbers make a substantial jump this season.

sanders will put sd in the super bowl he can finally play safty and not back up our weak linebackers who we train for tenn and jacksonville he wont get hurt playing true safty

...Huh?

Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about, because no one has been able to figure it out yet...

Looking at the defense from a distance, I feel better about our D than I have in years. We have a new philosophy that wasn't given the proper personnel to reach it's potential last year, mostly due to injury but also due to an absence of the right guys to execute.

My prediction is that our defensive numbers make a substantial jump this season.

This. I'm a pessimistic fan, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I expect nothing less than a Super Bowl win from this team every year. On Monday of this week, I had about 20% confidence in this team... We looked like we were going to be fielding a defense that was going to be one of our all time worst... But since then, we've gone a very, very long way, and I think we're gonna have a good defense this season.

So ignore the OT and OP and move on.

:rolleyes:

sims is a no name bench warmer not a starter bulitt is good but not a game changer like sanders what was poulian thinking

Let a south florida fan hear you saying that lol... its best to talk when you know what your talking about, you have removed all doubts my friend.

why was sims cut by philly

Maybe he doesn't like Cheese Steaks.

Have you thought of that?

LOLOLOL!

why was sims cut by philly

Again, you show you have somehow less than zero idea what you're talking about... He was an unrestricted free agent and left of his own accord.

polian spend some money get some players like the pats do help payton out a little

This statement makes no sense dude.

The Redskins, historically, in the past ten years or so have spent more money than anyone. How has that worked out?

Actually, the Pats have shown to be able to field "no name" teams the last few years and been fairly successful doin it.

But if you spend too much TODAY, you pay for it tomorrow. (see Redskins) The Colts have done well primarily thru the draft and not "killing" the cap, even with Peyton's salary. Ideally, a team should build thru the draft. It is the most cost-effective way (in general) to get value and talent. Sure, things happen and players don't pan out. FA is NOT the answer to SUSTAINED success in the NFL. It is best used to supplement an otherwise well-balanced team. Sometimes the draft doesn't have the player or position you want/need. Or perhaps an injury along with no depth requires FA to fill the void. Or maybe you are a playoff team that has 1 or 2 weak areas of need to "put you over the top." (see eagles this year) You have to be smart in FA. The 1st signings are usually overpaid(see Clint Session). Its in the 2nd and 3rd "round" of FA that you can find more value. Also during team cuts when some quality vets get cut due to younger, cheaper talent on the roster. These are great FAs to get. They love coming to a team with a chance at a ring. They are usually great "teachers" for your younger players. Plus, they come at a cheaper pricetag. It has appeared to me that in the last ten years , MORE FAs going to a new team are less player than they were on their old team than FAs that play as well or better on their new team.

I guess my point is that the players that we all would love to see here Asomgua (sp), Samuel, Session, Whitne, etc just weren't worth (to the Colts) what they were commanding in $$$.

Run game and run D HAS to improve. We certainly added enough new blood to find a solution.

We've added some interesting prospects in the draft and in recent FA. I expect us to sign at least another player that will surprise us and make us happy.(Samuel?)

And more importantly, we are getting HALF our roster back. (Clark, Addai, half the defense)

I think Polian(s) has/have done well.

Man, what a terrible first post.

And I should know. This is my first post, and it's not exactly rainbows and bloody butterflies either. :hide:

Anyway, I like the guys we signed. And Sanders is going to play, like, 4 games with the Chargers. Doesn't help that they massively overpaid Weddle either.

Payton? Walter Payton? When did we get Sweetness?

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THIS?!

Zombie Walter Payton.

He's still like 75% of what he was, which is good, but apparently he already ate Ryan Diem's brains.

Hopefully that will help with the false starts.

when our players show what they can do and want money we let them go to our rivals and then we get some guy who was mowing lawns last week but who works cheap what a way to get to the super bowl no wonder we still cant stop the run or run the ball

lol...

Yeah...

No.

when our players show what they can do and want money we let them go to our rivals and then we get some guy who was mowing lawns last week but who works cheap what a way to get to the super bowl no wonder we still cant stop the run or run the ball

Mowing lawns, huh?

You should call saturday Night Live. They're always looking for quality writers. And your grammer is spot-on as well.

So you're saying that Ernie Sims doesn't have a landscaper then? :jump:

Session was worth, maybe, half what Jacksonville paid him. Sims may not have lived up to his top 10 overall draft position, but he's still got a higher ceiling than Session.

Honestly, losing Session is more like losing Cato June than like losing David Thornton or Mike Peterson.

As a side note, the Jags are paying Session a higher percentage of the cap (and, obviously, more money overall, since the cap has gone up) than the Titans and Jags paid Thornton and Peterson, respectively. That's crazy. He's good, but he's not THAT good.