Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBA Update? What's the news?

Nadine

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6745234

Sources told ESPN on Wednesday both sides hope to achieve a true framework for a new collective bargaining agreement by the close of business on Friday.

Those scheduled to be on the conference call are Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Logan Mankins, Osi Umenyiora and rookie Von Miller -- all of whom must approve of the deal in federal court before it can become binding.

I'm getting excited!!

I think an NFL season is getting close. :banana:

EXCERPTs ist how effects colts then more info on developments

recap just what everyone is talking about in regards to these developments, and how they will affect theIndianapolis Colts:

According to multiple sources, the major stumbling block between the owners and players leading up to last night's negotiations marathon (the rookie wage scale) is now settled. This settlement on this particular issue is a major development. According to Chris Mortensen, the agreement is not so much a wage scale, but actually a hard cash cap on how much teams can spend on rookies. This is significant because a team like the Colts spends a lot on rookies, especially undrafted ones.

John Clayton reported last night that the salary cap for 2011 will be $120 million. This is alarming because, at the end of the 2010 season, the Colts were up against the cap at $115 million, and that is before the team offered Peyton Manning what is sure to be a record contract. The cap in 2009 was $129 mill. 2010 was an uncapped year.

Teams will have over $20 million more per team allotted for ancillary benefits. According to Doug Farrar, writing for Yahoo! sports, that means the 'every NFL team will have to spend at least $108 million in pure player costs [not deferred payments and filmy rarely-to-be-earned incentives] this season.'

----------------------------------------------------------------

regarding the cap.

If it is indeed $120 mill, then the Colts will have to make significant cuts in their roster to re-sign someone like Peyton Manning.

Even when they do that, it doesn't seem to leave much left over for rookies, to say nothing of Indy actually using veteran free agency to improve the team.

The positive is they are not currently over the $120 mill threshold, like Pittsburgh and Dallas are.

---------------------------------------------------------------

More significant updates not involving just colt affects

Both sides agreed to overhaul arbitration system. This means a federal judge, like David Doty, will not longer settle disputes between the owners and players. According to Mortensen, this new system would involve a panel of ex-judges, and the panel would review commissioner discipline. Details still being negotiated, but that right there is a MAJOR change in how the NFL self-governs itself.

Back to rookie cap, Albert Breer reported last night that the owners caved on wanting five year contracts for rookies. The players gave on renegotiation rules.

Why did the owners cave on the five-year issue? Mike Freeman says, according to sources, the players 'made a threat' on Wednesday that scared the crap out of them. As a result, the next day both sides agreed on a rookie system. Freeman doesn't know what the threat was, but, like him, we'd REALLY love to know!

Back to the 2011 cap, and John Clayton again: 'Because a 2011 salary cap of $120 million could cause problems for teams such as Dallas, Pittsburgh and others that currently spend more than that, one of the provisions being discussed is a one-player cap exemption for each team, according to a source. That exemption would be a $3 million credit in 2011 that would count against benefits paid out, a source said. That exemption, which could drop to $1.5 million next year, could save the jobs of players.'

Sources saying teams will get a three day grace period to re-sign their own free agents before the BIG free agent spree begins.

Revenue split will be in the neighborhood of 47-48%.

My link

MORE ON THIS FROM ANOTHER ARTICLE

Any agreement also must be voted on by groups of players, including the named plaintiffs in a class-action antitrust lawsuit pending in federal court and the NFLPA's 32 team representatives.

On rookie salaries, four people familiar with the talks said Thursday that first-round draft picks will sign four-year contracts with a club option for a fifth year. That represents a compromise; owners were hoping for five-year contracts, while players wanted highly drafted rookies to be under a team's control for only four years.

Under the system discussed Thursday, people told the AP, clubs will have an option for a fifth year on a rookie's contract for a predetermined amount based on the player's performance during the previous years of the deal.

Even once an agreement in principle on the core economic issues is drawn up, there will be more work to be done. That's because there are certain issues that won't be addressed in full until after the NFLPA re-establishes itself as a union - - a process that might take a couple of days -- and can then serve once again as a collective bargaining unit for the players.

Items that could fall under that umbrella include the league's drug-testing program, health insurance, retired players' pensions and other benefits, none of which is likely to be resolved completely while the union is still dissolved

My link

I think its a raace, who settles first , Football or US Govt on Debt issue, I'd put in ( LOL ) but it is really a sad commentary on state of Nation & state of our excape from the reality of the nations troubles

MORE DETAILS ON PROPOSED CBA & the Lingering issues

A SENSE OF UGRENCY HAS, ARRIVED

National Football Post

Author Bio at end

Here are some of the latest details emerging from the settlement discussions currently taking place in a Manhattan law firm.

Rookie resolution

As outlined here, the majority of the disagreement concerned the fifth-year compensation for first-round picks. Owners wanted the fifth-year option set at a prefixed number. Players wanted the option to be set at the time of going into that fifth year, at a high "veteran rate," an average of the top veteran players at the same position.

Compromise was reached. For the top 10 picks in the Draft, Owners reportedly agreed to fifth-year options at an average of the top ten veteran salaries at a player's respective position. Players selected 11-32 would be paid an average of the top three to twenty-five salaries at a player's respective position.

The fifth year was extremely important to Players. That is their first free agent year and usually the prime year of a player's career; they wanted to be compensated at a top veteran rate, not a top rookie rate.

In return, Players compromised on renegotiation rules; previously teams were prohibited from renegotiating contracts with drafted players until after their third year and undrafted players until after their second year. These limits are expected to be relaxed slightly in the next CBA.

Revenue split and cash minimum

Significant progress has also been made on the big money issue – how to split approximately the $9.3 billion(and growing) pie. The sides have tentatively agreed on a salary cap of roughly $120-122 million, with another$20-21 million per team allocated to benefits (Minimum Salary Benefit, Player Performance Benefit, etc.)

However, as noted here, the more important figure for the Players is not the cap number, but the cash minimum – a "guaranteed spend." Cash is king; while caps can be manipulated and massaged (I spent many years doing so), cash cannot. During negotiations, Owners have offered a cash minimum of 90%; my understanding is that number is still being negotiated, and may increase.

In 2009, the last capped year, the salary cap stood at $123 million, later adjusted to $128 million after a unique CAM (Cash Adjustment Mechanism) addition – once it was clear 2009 would be the last capped year of the CBA. A salary cap of $120 million in 2011 would create a predicament for some teams that routinely spend above and beyond that amount. To remedy this situation, the sides have discussed the idea of a one-player cap exemption for each team, taking the form of a $3 million credit, vaguely similar to the “Mid-level exception” in the NBA. I’ll have more to come on this later.

Arbitration, appeals, and judicial oversight

To date, while NFL team discipline is now appealable to an independent arbitrator, league discipline is only appealable to Commissioner Goodell. Players – the recalcitrant and well behaved alike – abhor this system, and have routinely clamored for an independent appeals process.

Players may be getting their wish. ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported that the Owners and Players have discussed implementing a panel of ex-judges who would handle appeals, perhaps even those matters stemming from commissioner discipline.

This independent appeals process may apply to discipline levied due to violation of the league’s drug policy and other discipline. However, it is unclear whether the ex-judges would rule on violations of the Personal Conduct Policy, as that has been a hallmark of the tenure of Goodell and he is personally protective of ruling on the integrity of the game. Knowing how important it is to him, I sense that he will try to hang on to that authority as much as possible.

In exchange, the NFL would free itself from the Minnesota federal courts and the dreaded pebble in their shoe,Judge Doty.

Lingering issues ALL discussed in detail

1) Right of First Refusals

2) Doty and Brady $ettlement

3) Retiree benefits

4) Workmen's compensation

My link

THE author Andrew Brandt

served as a team vice president of the Green Bay Packers from 1999 to 2008, negotiating player contracts and managing the team’s salary cap. He served as a consultant to the Eagles in the 2009 off season and lectures at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business on negotiations, sports law and sports business. Brandt is president of the NFP.

My link

Sounds like Polian and the front office will have to get creative since we were right up against the potential cap at the end of last season.

This probably spells the end of someone like Diem on this team as well.

I wont be surprised if we lose a few other people as well after signing Peyton.

Glad to see the owners compromised on the 5th year option. As I said in another thread about it by the 3rd or 4th year you know if you have a player or not. It would be crazy to be able to lockup someone like Bradford or Berry at just a measly 4 million when they could get much more on the open market in their 5th year.

Sounds like Polian and the front office will have to get creative since we were right up against the potential cap at the end of last season.

This probably spells the end of someone like Diem on this team as well.

I wont be surprised if we lose a few other people as well after signing Peyton.

Glad to see the owners compromised on the 5th year option. As I said in another thread about it by the 3rd or 4th year you know if you have a player or not. It would be crazy to be able to lockup someone like Bradford or Berry at just a measly 4 million when they could get much more on the open market in their 5th year.

I'm hoping (for the sake of all the 1st team starters who are not 'stars') that this CBA will pay veterans better, and bring some of those long term starters up to something approaching their actual worth. That will mean potentially less money available to 'stars', but as has been shown by numerous teams, a team full of good, skilled players is stronger as a whole than a team with a few exceptional stars and some average players.

About the only exception to that - in my opinion - is the QB because in the modern game, with the rules as they are, so much of the game is now predicated on the QB.

Either way, if we can raise the average veteran player salary it can't help but be a good thing for the game in general. Just as controlling the ridiculous rookie contracts is important, it's also important that those good, solid and consistent players with years of experience and contribution to their team are not treated like small cogs. Time after time we've seen rookies in the draft making out like bandits compared to the player standing next to them on the field, when the player standing next to them has proven performance and out performs the rookie. that has to be galling for the vets, I know it's galling to me. But then I have a really, annoyingly strong sense of right/wrong & fair/uinfair.

I'm hoping (for the sake of all the 1st team starters who are not 'stars') that this CBA will pay veterans better, and bring some of those long term starters up to something approaching their actual worth. That will mean potentially less money available to 'stars', but as has been shown by numerous teams, a team full of good, skilled players is stronger as a whole than a team with a few exceptional stars and some average players.

About the only exception to that - in my opinion - is the QB because in the modern game, with the rules as they are, so much of the game is now predicated on the QB.

Either way, if we can raise the average veteran player salary it can't help but be a good thing for the game in general. Just as controlling the ridiculous rookie contracts is important, it's also important that those good, solid and consistent players with years of experience and contribution to their team are not treated like small cogs. Time after time we've seen rookies in the draft making out like bandits compared to the player standing next to them on the field, when the player standing next to them has proven performance and out performs the rookie. that has to be galling for the vets, I know it's galling to me. But then I have a really, annoyingly strong sense of right/wrong & fair/uinfair.

good observation / comment & agree totally, galls me too

Sports Illustrated says that the players had a secret insurance policy that would pay each player $200,000 if they missed significant number of games. Combined with the threat of the Doty ruling, the owners finally realized that the players were not being placed in danger of bankruptcy if the season got cancelled. Link www.cnnsi.com

Sports Illustrated says that the players had a secret insurance policy that would pay each player $200,000 if they missed significant number of games. Combined with the threat of the Doty ruling, the owners finally realized that the players were not being placed in danger of bankruptcy if the season got cancelled. Link www.cnnsi.com

I dont have the link still but read somewhere today that the payers did have an ace up the sleeve , not what u said , but something not detailed and when they pulled it the Owners got so scared theyy had to really try & settle, is it true who knows , one of those un-named sources

issued a joint statement today this afternoon after another seven hours of negotiations. There is no 'formal agreement' between both sides as yet, but the statement reads that both sides have 'made progress on a wide range of issues.' The legal teams for both sides will work over the weekend.

. Albert Breer is reporting that De Smith and Roger Goodell will meet or chat this weekend.

Overall, there seem to be very few obstacles remaining with this new collective bargaining agreement, which will reportedly last for 8-10 years. We're also hearing that the Legacy Fund for retired player is no longer a stumbling block. From Albert Breer:

I'm told two major things left are the actual settlement details of the litigation, and player safety and related issues (i.e. Offseason).

This means that the issue of 'right of first refusal' for teams looking to sign free agents was resolved. Also from Breer:

More on rookies: Year 5 option for Top 10 picks is avg of Top 10 salaries at the position. For Picks 11-32, it's avg of salaries 3-25 ...

... That figure will be derived from Year 3 figures for player. So 2013 salaries will set the option price for 2011 picks.

... So in essence, for a 2011 Top 10 pick, the option number will be the 2014 transition tag figure at his position, if that makes sense.

Breer also reports that the revenue split is between 47 and 48 percent.

In a nutshell, the owners and players have indeed agreed to the economics of a new CBA, which is the most critical element of the agreement. With legal teams pouring over the language this weekend, it seems things are on track for this agreement to be ready for Magistrate Judge Boylan in Minnesota on Tuesday. The news today strongly suggested that the July 21st owners meeting will be specifically for the owners to vote on and agree to the new CBA.

My link

www.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/07/15/secret-lockout-fund/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a2 is the link directly to the article on the secret insurance policy the players had. The article speculates that this was the stick the players took to the negotiations this week.

www.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/07/15/secret-lockout-fund/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a2 is the link directly to the article on the secret insurance policy the players had. The article speculates that this was the stick the players took to the negotiations this week.

camt seem to bring up anything when copy & paste link

maybe u can clarify it or aadd it with the link button

I did find this if this is what u mean Re the 200,000 insurance per player but thats nothing for the rich ones

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/7/15/2277523/nfl-lockout-2011-news-demaurice-smith-owners-nflpa

My link

Bye bye Diem?

If the cap really winds up being $120 million (or so), and there's no grandfathering or significant exemptions, then yeah, Diem probably gets shown the door. Maybe Hayden, too. And this isn't anything new. Many have speculated that both of those guys might be casualties anyways, stringent cap or not, just because they're overpaid at this point. I'm nonplussed about Diem, but would rather have Hayden than not, considering the injuries we've dealt with at defensive back the past two seasons.

If the cap really winds up being $120 million (or so), and there's no grandfathering or significant exemptions, then yeah, Diem probably gets shown the door. Maybe Hayden, too. And this isn't anything new. Many have speculated that both of those guys might be casualties anyways, stringent cap or not, just because they're overpaid at this point. I'm nonplussed about Diem, but would rather have Hayden than not, considering the injuries we've dealt with at defensive back the past two seasons.

I cant see False Start Diem , someone who has declined each of last few years remaining, Hayden all depends on $ available foe r where the Polians think best served and who in open market they may or may not try to go for,

Need back Bullitt & maybe another d safety too & wouldnt mind WR though isnt need if all stay healthy

My understanding of the Hayden situation is that all of his guaranteed money hasn't yet been paid. Plus, cutting him would carry a cap hit large enough to NOT be offset by having a player of equal or greater ability (assuming he plays injury free) to fill his shoes. He's not going anywhere.

As far as the other tendered FAs.....regardless of the new CBA rules Colt front office statement to those players was "you're welcome back at the right price"....and that is exactly correct. Through all of this mess these declared intentions have come full circle to the same level headed, long term mindset. Everyone freakin out over the reported 120M cap need look no further for their proof.

My question on Diem is the same as it was before hearing these early CBA framework reports - under the new front office will the team honor his contract as has been the tendancy for many years? I think the answer will be yes, provided he is still able to contribute. That's been the Colt way for a long time. It'll be interesting to see but I don't believe the "earn your way on as a starter then play out your contract as expected & the team will honor its end as long as your are able-bodied" philosophy coming down from Irsay will change. There have been very few exceptions to this over the years.

Hmmm... interesting. So the players balked at the insurance policy the owners and league negotiated with the TV networks, but they had their own secret too? seems a tad duplicitous if you ask me.

Hmmm... interesting. So the players balked at the insurance policy the owners and league negotiated with the TV networks, but they had their own secret too? seems a tad duplicitous if you ask me.

Read Smith didnt even tell players until was about to use it & that though at start he seemed arrogant he played a great endgame

From the moment he was elected executive director of the NFL Players Association in March 2009, DeMaurice Smith always took the long view when it came to negotiations with the owners on a new collective bargaining agreement. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

It's one of the reasons that slightly more than a year ago he received approval from the executive committee to secure insurance that would pay each player roughly $200,000 if there were no football in 2011.

Smith disclosed the fund to only a handful of people outside of the executive committee. However with negotiations seemingly at a standstill late Wednesday night, the decision was made to play one of their aces in the hole. So in the relative quiet of the sides' New York City bargaining room the next morning, Baltimore Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth informed the owners of the previously secret lockout fund.

The Players Association began informing its membership about the insurance fund over the past week and brought it up in the negotiating room for the first time Thursday. There's no way to know at this time whether it was the final oomph that pushed negotiations onto positive ground, but it's hard to believe it didn't have some impact considering the talks were "not in a good place" the previous night when the sides broke for the day.

Reasons why it may of had an impact are discussed in article

also NFL was forbidden to get the insurance they did, Players association was not from what i understand

My link

200K per is a drop in the bucket for these players that can't even seem to make ends meet on millions.....especially when compared to a league lockout that could go indefinitely while trying to preserve NFL function as we know it, and the level-headed high courts favoring the league. Smith's end game was never realized and it won't be for the forseeable future. Maybe if the political landscape changes in the years ahead.....but like I said it's always interesting to see what the climate is like. Various people stepping up to "claim" this and that, "be the man" or "take credit"....yadda yadda yadda. A bore. And predictable as discussed many weeks ago. The projected 47% is also what was discussed here long ago & as long as it's what the owners need to make things work long after all of the current players are retired & gone it was correct. For those caring to view things for what they are I think it's easy to see who's end game was best and serves the greater good.

200K per is a drop in the bucket for these players that can't even seem to make ends meet on millions.....especially when compared to a league lockout that could go indefinitely while trying to preserve NFL function as we know it, and the level-headed high courts favoring the league. Smith's end game was never realized and it won't be for the forseeable future. Maybe if the political landscape changes in the years ahead.....but like I said it's always interesting to see what the climate is like. Various people stepping up to "claim" this and that, "be the man" or "take credit"....yadda yadda yadda. A bore. And predictable as discussed many weeks ago. The projected 47% is also what was discussed here long ago & as long as it's what the owners need to make things work long after all of the current players are retired & gone it was correct. For those caring to view things for what they are I think it's easy to see who's end game was best and serves the greater good.

RE

200K per is a drop in the bucket for these players that can't even seem to make ends meet on millions.

i agree , thought for the rich ones this was a joke, for the rookie low end contracts it matters, supposedly if players won the other suit( NOTED BELOW ) that would gives them much money together, too me all they needed was winning that other suit and thats a big if so makes no sense to me either

From article i note

Reason given if the players could couple the insurance with a large financial award from U.S. District Judge David Doty, who previously ruled the owners had illegally created a $4.3 billion lockout fund for themselves by renegotiating their TV deals at the expense of the players.

My link

By the way, I was looking at the salary cap numbers last week, and something wasn't adding up the way the way it was being reported here. According to mgrex03 at StampedeBlue (which I obviously have issues with), we only have $54.5 million committed for next season, not counting Manning's franchise tag or any RFA tenders or the rookie draft picks. Throw all those in, and we're still probably only at about $90-95 million. I've looked over the numbers at the source link provided in the article and don't notice any glaring omissions (aside from Angerer's contract).

Resign Manning, maybe Addai, maybe Vinatieri, maybe Charlie Johnson, maybe Melvin Bullitt, and there's probably still room under the proposed cap floor.

By the way, I was looking at the salary cap numbers last week, and something wasn't adding up the way the way it was being reported here. According to mgrex03 at StampedeBlue (which I obviously have issues with), we only have $54.5 million committed for next season, not counting Manning's franchise tag or any RFA tenders or the rookie draft picks. Throw all those in, and we're still probably only at about $90-95 million. I've looked over the numbers at the source link provided in the article and don't notice any glaring omissions (aside from Angerer's contract).

Resign Manning, maybe Addai, maybe Vinatieri, maybe Charlie Johnson, maybe Melvin Bullitt, and there's probably still room under the proposed cap floor.

U are talking about this thread's article analysis

My link

RE

200K per is a drop in the bucket for these players that can't even seem to make ends meet on millions.

i agree , thought for the rich ones this was a joke, for the rookie low end contracts it matters, supposedly if players won the other suit( NOTED BELOW ) that would gives them much money together, too me all they needed was winning that other suit and thats a big if so makes no sense to me either

From article i note

Reason given if the players could couple the insurance with a large financial award from U.S. District Judge David Doty, who previously ruled the owners had illegally created a $4.3 billion lockout fund for themselves by renegotiating their TV deals at the expense of the players.

My link

Disposition of the TV fund will be interesting. When this was tossed around months ago I thought timing would be the most compeling element, and the split potentially being reflective of the old 60/40 division....which would be equivalent to the highest amount that could have been rewarded to the NFLPA. Very interesting. It now appears timing won't have any bearing in the short term. 2.8B invested properly for a decade could make a difference though......

I've been under a rock and have not heard. Where are they meeting? Might we hear something tomorrow? Or did they all take an extended 4th of July holiday?

Posted this in wrong section on forum in Colts , Sorry

Players Voting On New CBA Today, Lockout Expected To End Soon

The NFLPA is currently meeting today in New York to debate and vote on the proposed CBA. All the language is finalized and the documents met with lawyer approval. The debate today is to provide players with a forum to discuss issues they have with the new deal. NFLPA president Kevin Mawae said the players are not bound to the July 21st timeline, but that is just Mawae talking. The deal will get approved today or tomorrow by the players, as expected.

The NFL owners are gathering in Atlanta, GA for tomorrow's owners meeting. All 32 owners will be there along with several NFL executives, including (it's rumored) Bill Polian. At the meeting tomorrow, the owners are expected to vote on and approve the new CBA

When the owners agree to the CBA, the lockout will end and players will be allowed to contact their teams and re-enter team facilities to receive medical treatment. Friday is the day several players, includingSaints tight end Jeremy Shockey, expect to report.

According to The Sports Journal, teams and agents will get three days to familiarize themselves with new rules.

Teams will also receive three days to sign their own free agents along with rookie free agents.

Full free agency will begin 'about a week' after CBA is ratified. This remains consistent with the expected schedule.

On July 25th,

teams can try to re-sign their own free agents and rookie free agents.

On Thursday, July 28th, full free agency will begin. July 28th will be 'about a week' after CBA is expected to be ratified.

Colts training camp is expected to open August 1st and run through the 18th. Nothing in this timeline affects that.

My link

that's a good question, I don't know, I guess he wants to say that he helped...

I know nearly nothing in regards to this whole CBA stuff, but to me, this just reeks of greed. It looks likes a rookie who is just trying to sue the NFL and make tons of cash. This guy is a rookie who has never set foot on an NFL field, but sues the commish and the whole league? What kind of person sues their boss before even starting to work? Then he goes and hugs the commish at the draft like there's no tomorrow. I would have understand a handshake or a pat on the back, but I just don't get what he is doing. He sues his boss before even working, then hugs him when he gets hired. With all that said though, I am sure there is something deeper that I don't know about in regards to him being involved in the CBA discussions.

Player didnt vote Wednesday on any labor deal to end the lingering lockout, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

but some participants left in the afternoon after reviewing portions of a tentative deal. & taking a conditional vote and left word with the executive committee and NFLPA officials about hypothetical terms to which they would agree in order to recommend a possible settlement to the 10 plaintiffs in the Brady antitrust lawsuit against the league.

lawyers for both parties work on settlement of the Brady and TV rights fees cases. Currently, the Brady plaintiffs don't have a deal on which to sign off .The NFLPA executive committee will not recommend that player reps vote on any deal until both of those lawsuits are resolved, according to multiple sources, and it's unknown when they will be. The NFLPA also would have to reconstitute as a union before any labor deal could be completed, and it will not hold a vote on that until the global settlement is known, according to sources.

A future vote by player reps could be taken via conference call or other means..

"Our goal today is to see what's on the table," said NFLPA president Kevin Mawae, a retired player. "Make no mistake, the players are not in a rush and are not tied to the timeline of July 21 (Thursday). Our timeline is the timeline that gets the best deal for the players

"Whether it's today or tomorrow, we're not going to agree to any deal unless it's the right deal."

HOWEVER

There is a chance that the players' vote actually could take place by the time the owners gather to ratify the deal.

If so, the owners' decision -- it is expected to be ratified -- would be the rubber stamp of approval.

Training camps will start as soon as next week if a deal is ratified, and teams would like a few days to iron out those details before taking

the field

My link

I've been under a rock and have not heard. Where are they meeting? Might we hear something tomorrow? Or did they all take an extended 4th of July holiday?

Report: Vincent Jackson, Logan Mankins still want $10 million each

as of Yesterday bu Mike Florio of PFT

The good news? None of the 10 named plaintiffs in the Brady antitrust action want to become free agents in exchange for signing off on the settlement of the case.

The bad news? According to Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson and Patriots guard Logan Mankinsstill want $10 million each.

My link