Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning As A Coach?

Dwight Freeney 93

Why not instead of him maybe getting hurt, why not just make him the Offensive coordinator with Luck as QB? Then we have a good QB and a Great play caller. Anyone else agree on this??

Manning's strength isnt play calling

It is (or was) changing plays at the line and executing.....

I'm sure Manning was suggesting plays last season. As you know, we averaged about 13 points a game.

As a coach, he's 2-14

I'm sure Manning was suggesting plays last season. As you know, we averaged about 13 points a game.

As a coach, he's 2-14

That's hard to say because we don't know exactly how much input he had into gameplanning and adjustments.

I see Manning becoming a coach one day, but I think he will first take a few years off to spend time with his family after he retires, then return to the game.

Part of me feels bad for whoever is playing QB with Peyton as coach. Peyton would be like "the safety is 1.13352 inches to the right of the left hash marks, that clearly means he is dropping back into coverage. If he is 2.435 inches to the left, he is blitzing. If he is 1.768 inches to the left, he is in man coverage. Now, this all changes with how the coach stands on the sideline. If the coach has one hand on his hip, double the measurements and flip the direction. If the coach has no hands on his hips, it's all the same as what we said. Now, depending on what flavour of Gatorade they are drinking..."

As a coach, he's 2-14

thats not entirely true. peyton is given three plays and he chooses what play he wants to run depending on what he thinks the defense is doing. him changing the play on the line is just him getting players in better position to excute the play to the areas of weakness in the defense.