Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On Fri Nov 17 2017 at 5:28 PM, danlhart87 said:

If he is there when the Colts pick there should be no doubt you take him. 

Let's make one thing perfectly clear here. Protecting Luck when he comes back healthy is by far the most important thing that needs to be addressed this offseason.

Mewhort isn't coming back and we are gonna need somebody to plug in at G and be that dominant force we have been missing for years.

Nelson would help the 2018 Colts tremendously

Bump

I was wrong about Mewhort though 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2017 at 4:56 AM, Track Guy said:

If we could get say - the 3rd overall pick - and trade back to like 6th and still get Nelson + some compensation... That'd be a win in my book!

Very good call in November! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 11/17/2017 at 10:54 PM, NewColtsFan said:

That projection comes from Walter Football.   They do not have a great reputation.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:07 PM, DarkSuperman said:

There's no way he drops that far.

On Connor Williams falling to round 2- (Cowboys selection at #18 in round 2)

We sometimes lose some...   :hissy:

(Please folks, I'm not trying to single anyone out, but illustrating a point about fans) 

On 5/11/2018 at 6:36 AM, PureLuck said:
On 11/20/2017 at 10:56 PM, Track Guy said:

If we could get say - the 3rd overall pick - and trade back to like 6th and still get Nelson + some compensation... That'd be a win in my book! 

We sometimes win some.   :scoregood:

Makes the forum run...

• Like 2

Regardless of whether you wanted the Colts to pick Nelson or not, or didn't want him that high or not, you cannot argue that the guy isn't going to help this team in some capacity.  He just IS.  Chubb was gone.  Barkley....gone.  Your QB is STILL recovering from his beatings.  Nelson is rated one of the best OL prospects to come out in years.  They did the right thing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheMarine said:

FWIW:

The value on interior lineman seems to be increasing fast.  

I think it's because interior DL are getting better and better at applying heat to the QB and that teams have found that you can no longer fill those spots in with "just a guy" and have him keep your QB clean.  Pass rush is coming from the entire DL now, not just the edges.  

• Like 3

The Cowboys get it.  You gotta have horses on the OL.  Used to be just hard to find a good left tackle.  Now it's tougher to find just 5 good enough OL to start on a team.  You get (and keep) as many of them as you can.  And that includes guards.  The Colts have just begun to figure this out.

• Like 3