Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike and Mike

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Today was their last day on radio. Sad, always liked that show. Greeny(or is it Greenie)was one of my favorites, didn't care too much for Golic though.

Yeah it was the best show by far on ESPN. Really the only oldschool real show left on ESPN. I like both guys. You do know Trey Wingo is replacing Greeny, so it will be Wingo/Golic still on from 6-10. Show will still be good. I don't watch ESPN as much as I used too but like that show.  

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Today was their last day on radio. Sad, always liked that show. Greeny(or is it Greenie)was one of my favorites, didn't care too much for Golic though.

I loved Mike & Mike, especially Greenberg (Greeney). But together they were great. I loved their interviews with fantastic guests. I liked that people on their show did not scream and yell. They shared their families with is. So much to like about Mike and Mike. 

That is interesting that you liked Greeney and not Golic. Most guys liked Golic, not Greeny.

Loved listening to them every morning.  I will still listen as Greeney was not my favorite and I like Trey Wingo a lot. Trey has been filling in to get a hang of it all, and I like them better even though Golic and Greeney were classic.  

I just can't trust a man who will not use his hands to eat...Greeney uses a knife and fork for EVERYTHING.

While the show was informative the best part of the show was the jabs the two hosts threw at each other. Two genuinely direct opposites on the anthropological scale. Wingo will be OK but the show will not have the personality clashes the Mike & Mike had and that is tough to overcome but Golic can carry the show.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Dingus McGirt said:

Mad Dog Radio on Sirius XM is so far beyond anything on ESPN...jmo.

I can't listen to him because his voice breaks my eardrums. He is the essence of NY sports and that should be the only area his voice reaches. 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, RockThatBlue said:

They were The Odd Couple and that is why the show clicked.

45 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've listened to them on the way to work for a long time.   But I can't say I'll miss them.  No big deal for me.  They were good sometimes and not so good others.  better than Le Batard though.  They almost never talk sports. 

Le Batard is the worst thing ESPN has, and how they do not realize that is beyond me.  

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Le Batard is the worst thing ESPN has, and how they do not realize that is beyond me.  

We are in agreement there.   I just don't get it.   They aren't funny.  But they laugh at everything they say.   They rarely talk sports.   Even worse, they gave them a TV show.  Is it called Highly Questionable?   I've caught it a few times and it is very bad.  wth ESPN?

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

We are in agreement there.   I just don't get it.   They aren't funny.  But they laugh at everything they say.   They rarely talk sports.   Even worse, they gave them a TV show.  Is it called Highly Questionable?   I've caught it a few times and it is very bad.  wth ESPN?

Yea I have watched it once and realized it is as lame as his talk show.  He is all about satire with sports but ESPN puts everything behind him and that makes no sense to me.  They are definitely not funny majority of the time, I agree there!

On 11/21/2017 at 11:31 AM, DaColts85 said:

Absolutely hate that dude, well his show anyway.... defines bad.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, Myles said:

That makes three of us.  As hard as it is for me I would rather listen to Dan Dakich for 12 hours as opposed to twelve minutes of that show.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:23 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Greenie/ Greeny is a pretty intelligent guy.  I like him.

It was easy to see that at times he would get really tired of waiting on Golic to stop ranting and being loud about something that didn't really even matter... you could just see it in his facial expressions.  Like, would you please just shut up so we can get back to my main point here.... 

I don't like his son either (Mike Golic Junior I guess).  Condescending, arrogant and hard to watch or listen too.  He never really looks at anyone, or looks away and at the desk a lot.  Seems unprofessional to me...... just my opinion.  

Isn't Golic and Mike Jr. doing a show together now?  I never heard what Mike and Mike were supposed to do from now on, but I thought I heard those two on ESPN radio the other morning in the M&M time slot.

21 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Greenie/ Greeny is a pretty intelligent guy.  I like him.

It was easy to see that at times he would get really tired of waiting on Golic to stop ranting and being loud about something that didn't really even matter... you could just see it in his facial expressions.  Like, would you please just shut up so we can get back to my main point here.... 

I don't like his son either (Mike Golic Junior I guess).  Condescending, arrogant and hard to watch or listen too.  He never really looks at anyone, or looks away and at the desk a lot.  Seems unprofessional to me...... just my opinion.  

Isn't Golic and Mike Jr. doing a show together now?  I never heard what Mike and Mike were supposed to do from now on, but I thought I heard those two on ESPN radio the other morning in the M&M time slot.

Its Golic and Trey Wingo I think. I haven't listened to it yet because of work. Trey Wingo is pretty solid so it may be a decent show.

34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its Golic and Trey Wingo I think. I haven't listened to it yet because of work. Trey Wingo is pretty solid so it may be a decent show.

Now that you say that I think you are right.

Seemed okay, but I only listened to it about ten minutes while driving to Dayton.  I may try to catch it again tomorrow.  I do like Trey.

Mike and Mike used to be good.  Greenie got annoying and it took the ratings down.  The past few years, just about everything he said was dripping with political innuendo.  Talking about sports from a social impact point of view, which is not what the average sports fan wants to hear.  Ratings suffered I'm sure.  I always thought Golic got dragged into topics he was uncomfortable talking about.  

Golic and Wingo are good.  They talked about football like football fans would want.  I might have to be a regular listener again.