Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft-Some Different Names

Round 1: Andrew Luck - QB Stanford - Duh!

Round 2: Chandler Jones - DE/OLB Syracuse - I think we franchise Mathis, but even if we do our pass rushers are long in the tooth. Jones can play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3/4. Is rocketing up the draft boards. Has great bloodlines. His brother Arthur plays for the Ravens and his brother Jon is the baddest man on the planet in the UFC. I would love to take Coby Fleener but some good D players will be hard to pass up here.

Round 3: Dwight Bentley - CB Louisiana Lafayette - Good cover corner who's stock is rising. Our secondary needs a desperate overhaul. I would be tempted to pick Kevin Zeitler here but I feel CB is more of a need.

Round 4: Billy Winn - DT/DE Boise State - Can play end in the 3/4 or DT in the 4/3. Great motor and strength, can be a starter at 3/4 DE right away.

Round 4 Comp: Nicholas Jean-Baptiste - NT Baylor- A true Nose tackle who shined at the East West Shrine game and was the only bright spot on a porous Baylor defense this year. One of the better pure NT's in the draft.

Round 5: Coryell Judie - CB Texas A&M - As a Longhorn fan it hurts me to put an Aggie on here. Judie has great speed and has been a good cover guy in his career. Had a down year this year due to injury.

Round 6: Jairus Wright - WR Arkansas - Undersized but quick as a hiccup. Gets overlooked because of Joe Adams, but he was the Razorbacks' leading receiver this year I believe.

Round 6 Comp: J.R Sweezy - DE/DT North Carolina State - Honestly, I know nothing about the guy other than he's a 3/4 DE prospect but I can't over how awesome his name is.

Round 7: Antoine McClain - G Clemson - Big Strong run blocker. I 'll admit I don't know much about later round OL prospects.

Not saying any of this will happen, I just wanted to throw some different names out there than what we've seen before. Obv I went a bit defensive focused.

I think we could still get Chandler Jones in round 3 so I would rather go either NT Dontari Poe or SS Mark Barron with the 2nd.

I want to agree with this, but I have a hard time seeing Jones falling in the 3rd round at this rate. Not saying he can't mess up and fall a little, but if he impresses at the combine I see him going mid 2nd round at the latest. I would take Poe or Barron over him though if those 3 were still up by our 2nd pick.

I want to agree with this, but I have a hard time seeing Jones falling in the 3rd round at this rate. Not saying he can't mess up and fall a little, but if he impresses at the combine I see him going mid 2nd round at the latest. I would take Poe or Barron over him though if those 3 were still up by our 2nd pick.

I have heard Jones possibly in the first round..

I think we could still get Chandler Jones in round 3 so I would rather go either NT Dontari Poe or SS Mark Barron with the 2nd.

highly unlikely barron will be there...and after the combine poe is expected to shoot up the boards and many already have him late first round.

Round 1: Andrew Luck - QB Stanford - Duh!

Round 2: Chandler Jones - DE/OLB Syracuse - I think we franchise Mathis, but even if we do our pass rushers are long in the tooth. Jones can play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3/4. Is rocketing up the draft boards. Has great bloodlines. His brother Arthur plays for the Ravens and his brother Jon is the baddest man on the planet in the UFC. I would love to take Coby Fleener but some good D players will be hard to pass up here.

Round 3: Dwight Bentley - CB Louisiana Lafayette - Good cover corner who's stock is rising. Our secondary needs a desperate overhaul. I would be tempted to pick Kevin Zeitler here but I feel CB is more of a need.

Round 4: Billy Winn - DT/DE Boise State - Can play end in the 3/4 or DT in the 4/3. Great motor and strength, can be a starter at 3/4 DE right away.

Round 4 Comp: Nicholas Jean-Baptiste - NT Baylor- A true Nose tackle who shined at the East West Shrine game and was the only bright spot on a porous Baylor defense this year. One of the better pure NT's in the draft.

Round 5: Coryell Judie - CB Texas A&M - As a Longhorn fan it hurts me to put an Aggie on here. Judie has great speed and has been a good cover guy in his career. Had a down year this year due to injury.

Round 6: Jairus Wright - WR Arkansas - Undersized but quick as a hiccup. Gets overlooked because of Joe Adams, but he was the Razorbacks' leading receiver this year I believe.

Round 6 Comp: J.R Sweezy - DE/DT North Carolina State - Honestly, I know nothing about the guy other than he's a 3/4 DE prospect but I can't over how awesome his name is.

Round 7: Antoine McClain - G Clemson - Big Strong run blocker. I 'll admit I don't know much about later round OL prospects.

Not saying any of this will happen, I just wanted to throw some different names out there than what we've seen before. Obv I went a bit defensive focused.

I'd prefer to only take a DE/OLB in the second if the very unfortunate situation arises that we can't re-sign Mathis. Love the 3,4,4,6 picks. I've read Wright has great hands and killer speed and Wynn could be great.

I like your draft. I personally would rather have Casey Hayward (Vanderbilt) in Rd 2 and Jake Bequette (Arkansas) in Rd 3. Maybe Terrance Ganaway (Baylor) in Rd 6 Comp. although Terrance didn't do to well in picking up the pass rush in the Senior Bowl practices.

My personal preferences aside, if your draft was how the Colts actually pick, I think it would be good.