Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will You Be Renewing Your Tickets?

tucky89

Why wouldn't you?

Don't you want to see who the team hires to replace Pagano?     Who will be the new coordinators?

Don't you want to see who we got after in FA?      And who we draft?

If you give up your season tickets when times are bad,  odds are you won't be able to get seats that nearly as good when the team is better.       And then you'll be sorry for an impulsive decision.

Look,  if you can't afford them,  that's one thing.     But if you're just not happy,   then buy them and sell them on the secondary market and don't go to the games.     That way your tickets are protected.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why wouldn't you?

Don't you want to see who the team hires to replace Pagano?     Who will be the new coordinators?

Don't you want to see who we got after in FA?      And who we draft?

If you give up your season tickets when times are bad,  odds are you won't be able to get seats that nearly as good when the team is better.       And then you'll be sorry for an impulsive decision.

Look,  if you can't afford them,  that's one thing.     But if you're just not happy,   then buy them and sell them on the secondary market and don't go to the games.     That way your tickets are protected.

You aren't going to get anything on the secondary market if they are bad.  I think Ballard is going to right the ship and people may be sorry if they don't renew imo. He's still fixing Grigson mess. If Luck was actually playing this year they would be at least .500, maybe over a game or two. 

54 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

You aren't going to get anything on the secondary market if they are bad.  I think Ballard is going to right the ship and people may be sorry if they don't renew imo. He's still fixing Grigson mess. If Luck was actually playing this year they would be at least .500, maybe over a game or two. 

I don't know, I'd buy all his season tickets for 10 bucks a piece if they are bad..... that's something 

We have wrestled with this thought for last 3 seasons. I did place the entire season ticket up for sale at the beginning of the season once we got them and no takers in the 235 section. Owned since 95 but since the player and nfl handling of the kneeling protest, we haven’t went to one game nor have we watched nfl football this year. It isn’t just because the team is a dumpster fire last few years rather the money we spend over the course of a season, the hour+ drive each way, the loss of an entire day and the fact my girls are growing up and all kinds of activities going on which make me decide the game or watching my kids, the kids win. 

As for selling the tickets for next season, we’ll we have taken a loss on almost each ticket we have sold this year except we used the opener (then our team players took a knee) and the Pittsburgh game we sold for face. I have Titans, Denver and Texans left. Those aren’t even averaging half price on the secondary market currently. Crazy but I don’t think I will continue paying the nfl for their handling of the flag. We will just keep tabs casually on the team and enjoy it in a less active roll as we have over the 20+ years. 

I am going through that same discussion with myself in my head right now.  In fact, I have been since last season, and I renewed this season on the off chance things would improve back to being competitive this year.  That's a disappointment (strong understatement implied).

I've been a Colts fan for a very long time.  My first games were in Baltimore.  So, I've seen a LOT of ups and downs, including two Superbowl wins and two Superbowl losses (the worst was to that loudmouth Joe Namath, without question).  I watched on local Baltimore news as the trucks pulled out on a snowy night en route to I-70 and the drive to Indianapolis.  

This year is definitely a down.

Coming off the "suck for Luck" year, I at least had all the Manning suspense along with the prospects of this hot young QB coming in to take over.  And that was good for a couple of years.  But just as sure as Andrew threw that horrible pass that Reggie tried to turn on and ended up tearing his ACL, the team declined every year into what we have today...a team that can play fairly well, but can't figure out how to win a close game even when holding the advantage.

I enjoy being at games, and I love the dome, but getting there (I live 2 hours away), paying a fortune to park, still walking a long way (especially in lousy weather) every home game just to see the Colts blow two-score second half leads or barely beat winless teams is growing old.  Then there's the interminable traffic getting away from the stadium.

Someone mentioned selling tickets on the secondary market.  Well, I have season tickets because I want to go to games.  I have tried in past years, but NOBODY wants those late season tix when the Colts are out of reasonable contention, even to give away!  The most likely game to sell tickets would have been yesterday vs. the Steelers.  But after being there yesterday with 50% obnoxious freaking Steeler fans (they have truly earned their reputation), I would have been embarrassed if one of them had bought my seats.  Almost as embarrssed as I was sitting through yet another blown 2 score lead only to lose in the final seconds with all those black and gold bozos sitting around me.

It's not the money.  It's not that I don't love the Colts.  But it's getting harder and harder to justify my time and aggravation, along with the money, to keep this up.  I seriously don't know what I'll do next year.

Please let me know if you want to get rid of any tickets.  I will happily take them off your hands.  I go to as many games as possible to support my team. 

Man good thing some of you had glory days with Manning, if you were in Cleveland or many other cities you would never have been to a game.

Depends on if you to go every game or not.

If you are only planning to go a handful, but sell the rest...you are better off just buying them on the secondary market for the games you want to see. That will save you whatever hit you would have lost on the tickets you sell on the secondary market, as well as the preseason game tickets you didn't want anyways.

But, if you go to every home game, then it's probably just easier to keep your season tickets. 

7 hours ago, Jdubu said:

We have wrestled with this thought for last 3 seasons. I did place the entire season ticket up for sale at the beginning of the season once we got them and no takers in the 235 section. Owned since 95 but since the player and nfl handling of the kneeling protest, we haven’t went to one game nor have we watched nfl football this year. It isn’t just because the team is a dumpster fire last few years rather the money we spend over the course of a season, the hour+ drive each way, the loss of an entire day and the fact my girls are growing up and all kinds of activities going on which make me decide the game or watching my kids, the kids win. 

As for selling the tickets for next season, we’ll we have taken a loss on almost each ticket we have sold this year except we used the opener (then our team players took a knee) and the Pittsburgh game we sold for face. I have Titans, Denver and Texans left. Those aren’t even averaging half price on the secondary market currently. Crazy but I don’t think I will continue paying the nfl for their handling of the flag. We will just keep tabs casually on the team and enjoy it in a less active roll as we have over the 20+ years. 

I have never been a season ticket holder...but I have attended 3-4 games every year since I got back from school in AZ, as well as home playoff games. Tickets had never been cost prohibitive, but they also weren't cheap.

But then last season, even with Luck playing, the tickets were the cheapest I have ever seen on StubHub...especially the non-end zone 600 level seats. And then this year, or course they were even cheaper (probably because of the Luck situation). 

Personally, as a secondary buyer, I love it. But I also have a feeling the Colts (and probably the NFL overall) are losing money.

9 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Depends on if you to go every game or not.

If you are only planning to go a handful, but sell the rest...you are better off just buying them on the secondary market for the games you want to see. That will save you whatever hit you would have lost on the tickets you sell on the secondary market, as well as the preseason game tickets you didn't want anyways.

But, if you go to every home game, then it's probably just easier to keep your season tickets. 

Prior to this season, i bet since we’ve had these tickets in my possession, I haven’t missed but 3-4 games over that 20 year span I’d bet. 

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I have never been a season ticket holder...but I have attended 3-4 games every year since I got back from school in AZ, as well as home playoff games. Tickets had never been cost prohibitive, but they also weren't cheap.

But then last season, even with Luck playing, the tickets were the cheapest I have ever seen on StubHub...especially the non-end zone 600 level seats. And then this year, or course they were even cheaper (probably because of the Luck situation). 

Personally, as a secondary buyer, I love it. But I also have a feeling the Colts (and probably the NFL overall) are losing money.

Our tickets in the 235 section haven’t done well all season. Never even attempted to sell in prior years so not even sure how the secondary market was prior to this season. Really wished someone would have bought the whole season when we tried to sell them for this year. Just don’t think i can take a loss again in a second year if the players continue this charade of protest and i attempt to sell them off again hoping the nonsense of football and politics goes away. 

15 hours ago, tucky89 said:

Pending Pagano is fired, will you be renewing your seats? 

Of course I would.  I would renew them every year if I lived in Indy and not in NY.  You don't know how lucky you are to have the Colts and season tickets are important to the financial well being of the franchise.  Don't forget how you got the Colts.  The owner looked for a better situation.  And he's the son of the owner who moved the team.  It could happen again if you are not careful and take them for granted.  I was a fan in Baltimore and I am a fan in Indy and I will be a fan at the next city.  From all the responses in this thread it doesn't look too promising for the team to remain in Indy.  You are just giving the owner a reason to move or sell and cash in.   It's a shame really.  

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Of course I would.  I would renew them every year if I lived in Indy and not in NY.  You don't know how lucky you are to have the Colts and season tickets are important to the financial well being of the franchise.  Don't forget how you got the Colts.  The owner looked for a better situation.  And he's the son of the owner who moved the team.  It could happen again if you are not careful and take them for granted.  I was a fan in Baltimore and I am a fan in Indy and I will be a fan at the next city.  From all the responses in this thread it doesn't look too promising for the team to remain in Indy.  You are just giving the owner a reason to move or sell and cash in.   It's a shame really.  

Part of the problem is most cant get over most NFL teams go through this. They are spoiled with the winning and when the reality of the NFL sits in they cant handle it. Losing fan base was one of the main reasons the Colts left Baltimore. I just wish I could afford season tickets. I live on a fixed income and the cost of going to a live game is out of the question.

I understand the frustration but to leave as a fan just shows you are a band wagon fan at best. All it means is you wasn't a true blue fan to begin with. Fair weather fans suck.

I commend people that have season tickets and pay all that money for them. Especially the people that have to drive an hour or 2 to the games. I have been a diehard fan since 1984 and have never had season tickets and live 10 minutes from LOS. I have been to around 40-50 games in my lifetime though but usually just use to choose a game or 2 a year and make a day out of it. Eat at St Elmo, etc.. Fun times as I have been to some very memorable games like the 4th and 2 game in 2009 vs the Pats. Anyway if you have season tickets you may regret giving them up because once Luck gets healthy and Ballard has time to build this Roster we may become Good to Great again.

I has ST for years , lost my job , had kids , now I'm back to going to games.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger again , I'm convinced Ballard is the real deal and the Colts will be good soon. In the meantime I'm enjoying getting good seats for 125 a pair.  High on the waitlist right now. 

Not renewing seems risky. Demand could skyrocket if things take a turn for the better, then you'll go from not being able to get rid of your tickets to having to be on a waiting list just to get nosebleeds. I realize it's not cheap, but if money were really the issue, you probably wouldn't be buying season tickets in the first place.

It wouldn't even be a question for me. I still make my 2 or 3 games per year (won the free forum tix for the Browns game this year which saved me a little cash this year, thanks @Nadine  :thmup:).

The Colts are my kids, I'd root them on and attend every game if I had the chance even if they became the Browns.

For me it's a no brainer, I'd cut out tv or find a way to save for season tix if I wasn't on the east coast.

55 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Not renewing seems risky. Demand could skyrocket if things take a turn for the better, then you'll go from not being able to get rid of your tickets to having to be on a waiting list just to get nosebleeds. I realize it's not cheap, but if money were really the issue, you probably wouldn't be buying season tickets in the first place.

Agreed. Us long time fans know fully well that the NFL is a revolving door. We have seen teams go from last place in the divisions to first place and make playoffs. We have seen super bowl winners fall down quick. We can also remember when the Patriots were one of the doormats of the league. As a Colt fan we have seen both ends of winning and losing.

I was a Colt fan a pretty long time before they ever moved to Indy. I would hate for the fan base turn their backs on this team and risk losing them. The Colts mean so much to this city and state to lose them over fair weather fans would be real sad.

Manning made this a football town and fans leaving over a natural thing that happens in the NFL is too depressing.

If I wasn't on a fixed income I would be a season ticket holder unconditional.

4 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Nah, those seats are already bought and paid for. The team makes their money on concessions , parking , and apparel. If the team stinks , a lot of people don't show up or a lot of brokers lose money on empty seats.  Empty seats don't buy anything.  They don't care what you pay , just that you are there to buy stuff. 

29 minutes ago, P Son said:

I haven't had season tix for three years.

Last game I have attended was late in the 2013 Season when we beat Houston 25-3 and ran away with the Division. I am just older now and quit going to games, don't like crowds anymore and have everything I need at home. Drink, Food, and Big Screen TV. Like I Posted earlier, for years I would always pick a game or 2 every season to go to with a couple of other friends and make a day out of it. Eat at St Elmo, etc.. Downtown is actually pretty nice.

The NFL as a whole is going down the tubes fast, its mainly a garbage cash cow/magnet nowadays, its such a circus its almost laughable. With the kneeling controversy this year and the way Irsay has handled the team the past few years i will no longer be attending Colts games on a regular basis. My nephew is a big Eagles fan and they have always been a second team for me and i find myself more and more interested in whats going on over there lately. I will always be a Colts fan for life, but im becoming more of a watch from a distance kind of fan.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last game I have attended was late in the 2013 Season when we beat Houston 25-3 and ran away with the Division. I am just older now and quit going to games, don't like crowds anymore and have everything I need at home. Drink, Food, and Big Screen TV. Like I Posted earlier, for years I would always pick a game or 2 every season to go to with a couple of other friends and make a day out of it. Eat at St Elmo, etc.. Downtown is actually pretty nice.

Just out of being curious, what are some of the best games you guys have attended? My Top 5 are vs Pats in 2009, vs Ravens in 2009 PLAYOFFS, vs Broncos in 2004 PLAYOFFS, 1999 vs Cowboys, and  2000 vs Jets. I was lucky enough to know people back in the day that had Playoff tickets. I have seen the Texans and Jags both around 10 times a piece, those games were usually my choices to go to in recent years since the Division got realigned. Those tickets were easy to get. I was just listing games outside of our Division I have attended. Jets were in our Division in 2000 and we beat them, the game I attended. Prior to the Peyton and Luck days, I went to several games as well when I was a kid when we had Dickerson and first moved here. My dad used to take me to games, talk about empty seats and cheap tickets in the 80's lmao 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just out of being curious, what are some of the best games you guys have attended? My Top 5 are vs Pats in 2009, vs Ravens in 2009 PLAYOFFS, vs Broncos in 2004 PLAYOFFS, 1999 vs Cowboys, and  2000 vs Jets. I was lucky enough to know people back in the day that had Playoff tickets. I have seen the Texans and Jags both around 10 times a piece, those games were usually my choices to go to in recent years since the Division got realigned. Those tickets were easy to get. I was just listing games outside of our Division I have attended. Jets were in our Division in 2000 and we beat them, the game I attended. Prior to the Peyton and Luck days, I went to several games as well when I was a kid when we had Dickerson and first moved here. My dad used to take me to games, talk about empty seats and cheap tickets in the 80's lmao 

The biggest game for me was when my sister was competing in the Regional PPK and I got to be on the field during warmups

I will not buy season tickets or single game tickets for at least the 2018 season. It has nothing to do with the wins and losses. 

I will continue to watch every Colts game on TV,  and keep my 33 year streak alive, but I have boycotted all other NFL games. 

Things need to drastically change in the NFL before I will financially support it again. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I will not buy season tickets or single game tickets for at least the 2018 season. It has nothing to do with the wins and losses. 

I will continue to watch every Colts game on TV,  and keep my 33 year streak alive, but I have boycotted all other NFL games. 

Things need to drastically change in the NFL before I will financially support it again. 

Yeah the kneeling has turned me off as well. I still have watched Colts games this season but when other games have been on, I usually just check to see who is winning while watching something else. I really just quit going games because the group of guys I used to go with quit going and I am just older. I also don't like big crowds anymore and have everything I need here at home. 2013 vs the Texans is the last game I have been too. So it's been a while for me. 

I started as a season ticket holder because I wanted tickets to Manning’s Homecoming.  I gave it up this year because I took a beating (selling the tickets) the last two years.  It’s better for me to buy tickets for selective games as it’s a journey for me.  I take a leisure journey, fly with a stopover and a day of rest then up to Indy for the weekend. The same as my return trip, with a stopover and and a day of rest, then the journey home to my crusty pillow!

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I’ve only attended 6-8 games in person since 1970 because of finances.  But I’ve had an NFL tv game on every weekend from the 1950s on until this year, when the knee thing ended it for me.  I’ve tried to follow the Colts every way possible since the 50s, until a few weeks ago.  Now, only thru this site, not on tv or radio.  Been listening to Audible books instead.  Vince Flynn spy novels are nice, but they aren’t football!  Good thing College is playing several games a week, and CFL is on now too.

14 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

The NFL as a whole is going down the tubes fast, its mainly a garbage cash cow/magnet nowadays, its such a circus its almost laughable. With the kneeling controversy this year and the way Irsay has handled the team the past few years i will no longer be attending Colts games on a regular basis. My nephew is a big Eagles fan and they have always been a second team for me and i find myself more and more interested in whats going on over there lately. I will always be a Colts fan for life, but im becoming more of a watch from a distance kind of fan.

Yet your on the Colts fan forum whining about it . Nobody cares,  get over it. 

13 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

So your only going half in? Rotfl.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Agreed. Us long time fans know fully well that the NFL is a revolving door. We have seen teams go from last place in the divisions to first place and make playoffs. We have seen super bowl winners fall down quick. We can also remember when the Patriots were one of the doormats of the league. As a Colt fan we have seen both ends of winning and losing.

I was a Colt fan a pretty long time before they ever moved to Indy. I would hate for the fan base turn their backs on this team and risk losing them. The Colts mean so much to this city and state to lose them over fair weather fans would be real sad.

Manning made this a football town and fans leaving over a natural thing that happens in the NFL is too depressing.

If I wasn't on a fixed income I would be a season ticket holder unconditional.

I wonder if there were a many people that decided not to renew their Jaguars tickets after last year's 4-12 campaign, and are now on the outside looking in. I watched the final quarter of that game the other day... that team's not going away anytime soon, their defense is FOR REAL, and that crowd was electric when Bouye got that pick at the end of the game.

6 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Yet your on the Colts fan forum whining about it . Nobody cares,  get over it. 

and your reading my post commenting on it, sounds like you need to get over it lol, this is an open forum where people can post what they want including how they feel, if you dont like it, dont read it, let alone take time out of your day to comment. Get over it! haha