Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh would have lots of suitors if he returned to the NFL [Merge]

superrep1967

8 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I heard on ESPN that Jim Harbaugh after this season with Michigan is considering coming back to coaching in the NFL 

didn't mention any landing spots, but if it's true I'm sure he will have plenty of teams interested. The word is Michigan

is not happy with losing over and over to Ohio St,  and seemed to be insinuating it's on Harbaugh. so maybe the honeymoon is over  in Michigan.

ESPN?  I wouldn't put much stock into what they have to make up.

IF he is indeed coming back to the NFL...Irsay will go after him. It's a great solution to the mess that has been created. A former fan favorite and big-name HC who has had previous success as an NFL HC...and has coached the team's franchise QB in college.

And it would make a lot of sense for Harbaugh. But for Harbaugh to come here, I think Luck has to be healthy long-term...and right now we just don't know.

Personally, I am just not sure about Harbaugh. He certainly makes sense from the reasons above. But his offensive philosophy is old school...utilizing a Power O with high-percentage passes. The Colts have a great QB...they don't need a simple basic offense. I want someone that is an innovative offensive mind...that can help take Luck and this offense to even greater heights. 

The irony of the situation is that a Harbaugh offense might be a great fit if Brissett was the QB going forward. But for Harbaugh to come here, Luck likely has to be the QB. So who knows.

I can see the future IndyStar headline now:  Doyel:  Ballard and Harbaugh Playing Blame Game, although they haven't stated this, it's obvious one is blaming the other for the 0-11 start.  They both need to go.  And Irsay's daughters need to demand control of the team, yes that's right, a coup.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Just days ago it was reported he was working on a lifetime contract with Michigan, im not going to trust any reporting any more. I doubt he would even want to come here anyways.

I read that article... apparently Brady Quinn's buddy that lives in Michigan and considers himself and "insider" was the source of that information.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I read that article... apparently Brady Quinn's buddy that lives in Michigan and considers himself and "insider" was the source of that information.

Brady Quinn :lol:

Lets see.... so Brady Quinns's buddy's sister has an uncle who sailed across lake Michigan said....

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Harbaugh would have lots of suitors if he returned to the NFL [Merge]

I still maintain that Harbaugh/Luck would be a disaster. You can't just turn the switch back on. Jimmy Johnson knew that if you remember back. Then Steve Spurrier was going to be the next Jimmy Johnson with his old quarterback Danny Wuerful and...well...yeah.

Now with that said Harbaugh would be an upgrade at coach anywhere else in the league outside of maybe New England. The guy took the 49ers to a SB for heck's sake. If not for his 4 years there they would be in the same league with the Browns. They were that bad when he got there and have been that bad when he left.

Also I don't even know if he's a control freak. He might be a leave me alone * GM and let me do this freak but most good coaches are that, and that's not a control freak. It's a shame he's not in the NFL. His run at Michighan has been meh by college football powerhouse standards but I don't recall his Michighan team ever losing to Appalachian State like they did before he got there (they were about like his 49ers before he got there). Maybe that just proves my point about Luck. He might not be able to reach his potential at his alma matter. It just doesn't work that way. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why? Why do people think Harbaugh wants complete control, that was years ago in SF. People change and he also did a great job while in SF.

He did do a great job while in SF, but when you are rumored to want control and then go to college where he has complete control....why would you think the opposite??