Colts Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

So without Aiken taking reps from more explosive guys, we’re getting big chunk plays...  Bombs or short throws and run after the catch?

Not bombs, I don't think.  There was definitely some running after the catch.  At least 20 yards of running, I would say.  I can't tell for sure how long the actual passes are because I am listening to radio play by play and can't actually see what is happening.

Just now, JCPatriot said:

Not bombs, I don't think.  There was definitely some running after the catch.  At least 20 yards of running, I would say.  I can't tell for sure how long the actual passes are because I am listening to radio play by play and can't actually see what is happening.

Thanks JCP. Guess I’ll have to wait on the highlights. Sounds like they’ll definitely be worth a look...  Go Horse!!!!!

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

My only guess is that forward progress was never called so Tomlin wasn't aware that was the call for the stop (and fumble)?  Other than that I got nothin'...

Nope, the ref's huddled and ruled it that forward progression had stop before fumble.  Loud and clear.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

My only guess is that forward progress was never called so Tomlin wasn't aware that was the call for the stop (and fumble)?  Other than that I got nothin'...

It was.  The ref announced it.  Did Tomlin throw the flag immediately before it was announced?

I doubt many people thought the Colts would be leading the Steelers 17-9 at the end of the third quarter.

Stats through 3 quarters:

PIT   IND
First Downs 12   12
Total Yards 202   256
Passing Yards 135   196
Rushing Yards 67   60
Penalties (Yds) 8(65)   8(72)
Turnovers 1   0
Punts (AVG) 5(47)   5(47)
Time of *. 20:40   23:51