Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tri-Fecta: Ballard Joining Pat McAfee Noon Release Time

TheMarine

Ballad's 3rd interview within a couple of days....The Colts sure are trying hard to get out in front of all the negative press they have been getting. I like it because it should slow down the rumor mill and take some pressure off coaches and players who keep getting asked stupid questions...........they can just focus on their jobs.....

Honestly if the Colts organization would have done this sort of thing all season long, fans would feel a whole lot better about things. But they don't say anything. In the end I really don't care and they don't owe it to me to talk. But it would sure take a lot of pressure off of them instead of waiting for a million rumors about the orginization to emerge. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Honestly if the Colts organization would have done this sort of thing all season long, fans would feel a whole lot better about things. But they don't say anything. In the end I really don't care and they don't owe it to me to talk. But it would sure take a lot of pressure off of them instead of waiting for a million rumors about the orginization to emerge. 

the head coach should be the most natural choice to engage the fans and media, but chuck just isnt a media guy.  doesnt help that so many fans are calling for his head

irsay likes to talk but he tends to say things that come back to bite him.  

this damage control from ballard is probably all we are going to get for a while 

27 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yup......

I've long been an advocate of controlling your own message.  

These days,  if you don't control your own message,  then somebody else will.     And odds are, you wont like the message that they tell.

And that's where the Colts have been all season long....    other people have been telling their message.....

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup......

I've long been an advocate of controlling your own message.  

These days,  if you don't control your own message,  then somebody else will.     And odds are, you wont like the message that they tell.

And that's where the Colts have been all season long....    other people have been telling their message.....

i agree but who do we have to put the message out there?

chuck is terrible with the media, like laughably bad at it.  dont get eaten out there CP

we all know the kind of stuff irsay says.  GMs are not usually the ones to do this but it looks like ballard realized it has to be him 

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

chuck is terrible with the media, like laughably bad at it.  dont get eaten out there CP

we all know the kind of stuff irsay says.  GMs are not usually the ones to do this but it looks ballard realized it has to be him 

The main question and it's several related questions are in regards to how the organization handled the Luck situation. Pagano should not be made to answer:  "Why did Irsay say Luck would be ready in week one?" and "Did he do that just to sell tickets?"...."Do you understand how the fans feel betrayed?"....."Will Luck have another surgery?"...."Is it possible that he'll never play again?....

Pagano should not be made to answer for any of this....Even in regards to Davis, Pagano did his job. He correctly determined that Davis was a liability on the field and demoted him. What happened after that was Ballard's call.

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we all know the kind of stuff irsay says.  GMs are not usually the ones to do this but it looks like ballard realized it has to be him 

Ballard......   Chris Ballard is very poised and polished.     

He should've been doing more of this.     Instead the organization has taken the approach to put him  out there only when there is a fire and he is chaged with putting out the fire.

And Luck's reluctance to speak hasn't helped either.

I agree with you that neither Pagano or Irsay should be out front on something like this.      They can speak on other matters,   but this is not what they do well...

9 minutes ago, egg said:

The main question and it's several related questions are in regards to how the organization handled the Luck situation. Pagano should not be made to answer:  "Why did Irsay say Luck would be ready in week one?" and "Did he do that just to sell tickets?"...."Do you understand how the fans feel betrayed?"....."Will Luck have another surgery?"...."Is it possible that he'll never play again?....

Pagano should not be made to answer for any of this....Even in regards to Davis, Pagano did his job. He correctly determined that Davis was a liability on the field and demoted him. What happened after that was Ballard's call.

GMs dont usually address the media about player injuries though.  most of the time that falls to somebody else.

its different when that player is the franchise QB though and ballard seems to be realizing its up to him now

So it's more like a story time and joke around interview. No DEEP talks about Andrew Luck or Vontae Davis, just small comments. Although, it's nice to see them have a good time. I think Ballard was slightly uncomfortable with McAfee's cursing during the interview. Pat called Ballard a P*&#* at the end of the interview. I couldn't believe he did that. lol 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the head coach should be the most natural choice to engage the fans and media, but chuck just isnt a media guy.  doesnt help that so many fans are calling for his head

irsay likes to talk but he tends to say things that come back to bite him.  

this damage control from ballard is probably all we are going to get for a while 

Pagano at this time has no business with a mic in front of him. You know dang well what ever media person ask the questions it would end up about his job. No matter what the turnout is for Pagano putting him on the spot wouldn't be right. Irsay and Ballard are the ones who needs to address that when the time comes.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

So it's more like a story time and joke around interview. No DEEP talks about Andrew Luck or Vontae Davis, just small comments. Although, it's nice to see them have a good time. I think Ballard was slightly uncomfortable with McAfee's cursing during the interview. Pat called Ballard a P*&#* at the end of the interview. I couldn't believe he did that. lol 

As much as I liked McAfee as a player, I don’t care for the vulgarity. I still thought it was a good interview. I like Ballard’s calmness and honesty.

Loved the interview. You can tell Ballard had a good time and has a lot of respect for Pat.

I encourage everyone to listen to his podcast (The Pat McAfee Show) because it is quite informative regarding the Colts and his interviews are hilarious.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Agreed! Most people will never completely understand just how brilliant Bill Polian was. 

That was true most of his career but his inability to change with the changing times and players was a problem. Add the fact he tried to incorporate his son into the mixture also was a negative issue.