Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis: "Change is Good"

Bravo

9 hours ago, Colt^2 said:

I don't think he'll be back, either.  Especially after this report.  

These too.  His groin is still the issue, but he was demoted.  

Injured, so demoted? <head scratcher>

If a guy cannot play or perform due to injury, then it's not really a demotion, as opposed to, look, you're not healthy and it is limiting you and hurting the defense, therefore you are an injury scratch.  When healthy, you'll be worked back in.  This "coach's decision" crap, well, sounds like just more questionable team management by a coach.

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Injured, so demoted? <head scratcher>

If I guy cannot play or perform due to injury, then it's not really a demotion, as opposed to, look, you're not healthy and it is limiting you and hurting the defense, therefore you are an injury scratch.  When healthy, you'll be worked back in.  This "coach's decision" crap, well, sounds like just more questionable team management by a coach.

For whatever reason (not sure why), Pagano really didn't like that line of questioning on Sunday after the game. Probably felt like he was getting nailed to the wall even though we won, so kind of understandable.

Look, Vontae has been good for the Colts. I wouldn't be so harsh towards Vontae just because he's had injuries. It happens in professional sports. Vontae has loved being a Colt and you could tell he loves being in Indianapolis. He got married here. Vontae and his wife had a special time here. He had a few productive years for us and sadly he's on the backend of the slope. If we do not re-sign him at the end of the season (which we probably won't) then I hope he does well on his next team.

he's a very good player and it would be bad to lose him.  one or two more years and he will be a diminished player anyway I'd like to thing he has two more good years.  not great, just good.  he's serviceable, but its a business and $$ will come into play for ballard.  once we have a new coach, things will change and players that seemingly aren't ballers or have attitudes due to coaches being soft and accommodating will surely be weeded out.

He was a solid colt so I'm not going to knock him. Earned the majority of his 4 year deal unlike other stars who sign then mail it in.

Hopefully he catches on somewhere or comes back somehow on the cheap.

He's got a lot of miles that's for sure for a CB.

I'll always like him because at least he was a Cb who tackled on run plays.

5 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

https://twitter.com/bkravitz/status/928316578625617920

Looks like a sure thing Vontae won't be back next year.

Not sure if Colts got offers but I'm thinking they should have pulled the trigger on any trade they could have been offered.

Who's going to trade for an aging CB that misses most games with injuries and stinks in the ones he does play in.  Plus he's a free agent after this year.  

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's been ruled out of Sunday's game already, so apparently it was an injury-related thing last week, and not just a "coach's decision." My guess is he wanted to play through it, and Pagano said no, so a little bit of both.

You got that opposite.