LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

Hi, Colts fans!   :)    An AFC South battle where both teams star players suffered injuries, as out  2-6  Indianapolis Colts travel to play the 3-4 Houston Texans.

Both teams have lost their quarterbacks in the past week.  Colts QB Andrew Luck had surgery after the 2016 off-season to repair his right shoulder.  Since then Luck was held out of training camp and from participating in any games because the healing process is still taking longer than expected.  After a brief practice, the Colts decided to place Luck on injured reserve, making him unavaillable for the rest of the 2017 NFL season.

Luck recently signed a six-year, $140 year extension, with $87 million guaranteed to stay and play the Colts back on June 29, 2016, and just prior to his surgery, missed one game because of a concussion.

Texans will also lose their rising rookie Deshaun Watson, who tore his ACL on a non-contact play during team practice last week, which prematurely ended his season,  Watson already earned and was awarded both AFC Offensive Player Of The Month, and NFL Offensive Rookie of The Month in October, and would have been in the running for the NFL Offensive Rookie Of The Year without his torn ACL injury.

Colts will also not see Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, left the game after Week 5 with a tibial plateau fracture in his left leg and is out for the season.  Watt also had a previous surgery for a herniated disk, and he was also place on injured reserve in 2016.

Jacoby Brissett and Tom Savage will be the starting QB's for both the Colts and the Texans for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff from NRG Stadium.

Indianapolis still leads the all-time regular season series with 23 wins and 7 losses in today's 31st divisional meeting, but are on a three-game losing streak over Houston, and seek to win the ir first road game at the Texans since the Colts 27-20 road win back on October 2015.

NO injuries, go for win #3, and GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo: .   :1colts:     :colts:   :coltslogo:    

Colts @ Texans Week 8 Pre Game Press Release (PDF), And Team Injury Report:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2017/gamerelease-09.pdf

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

Colts @ Texans  Week 9 Live NFL Game Centers,  And NFL On CBS Early Regional Doubleheader Game TV Distribution Map In Green, and NFL's 'Salute To Service' Links

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2017/regular9

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017110503/2017/REG9/colts@texans#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.506sports.com/

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Go Colts! Lose a competitive game!

No seriously, I have made a decision to savor any victories the Colts can scrape from the bottom of the barrel this season. But I won't lose any sleep if they lose out

Tom Savage has never thrown an NFL TD pass. 

Let's see how long that lasts today.

Go Colts!!

• Sad 2

Thanks LOS !!!  Hoping to see a good game today, but most importantly, no injuries.

GOOOOO Colts !!!

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Tom Savage has never thrown an NFL TD pass. 

Let's see how long that lasts today.

Go Colts!!

Bet he gets one in the 1st quarter. Maybe even his 1st drive 

3rd and 10 on opening drive is a good start. 

Now let's stop them. 

Did that ball make it back to the LOS? Not sure. Could have been intentional grounding. 

Frank is running well on first downs over the past few weeks. 

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Yes. But when? :chillpill:

• Like 1