Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to the 49ers


Recommended Posts

I am on record stating  that Jimmy G. Will not be the savior for that team.  Without major talent on that team, he is not playmaker enough to overcome their deficiencies.  He needs a good situation like NE to thrive. In other words, he's going to get hit a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked that no one can see what I believe will happen, coming....

 

The Niners trade 2nd for garappollo. Next year the niners will franchise Jimmy and trade him for at least a number one pick and possibly more overall to a team like the browns or Jags. the niners sign kirk Cousins...

 

I think this happens and is absolutely smart by the niners

 

Can you imagine having the #1 pick and grabbing the #2 pick from browns as well for garapollo? And signing Cousins...

 

it's really plausible considering how much the browns wanted Jimmy

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm shocked that no one can see what I believe will happen, coming....

 

The Niners trade 2nd for garappollo. Next year the niners will franchise Jimmy and trade him for at least a number one pick and possibly more overall to a team like the browns or Jags. the niners sign kirk Cousins...

 

I think this happens and is absolutely smart by the niners

 

Can you imagine having the #1 pick and grabbing the #2 pick from browns as well for garapollo? And signing Cousins...

 

it's really plausible considering how much the browns wanted Jimmy

This won't happen, because it can't.  Exactly how do the Niners tag JG and then trade him?  To a team that he didn't want to go to?  All he has to do is wait until after the draft to sign and this plan is lost.  A player has until July 15 to accept the tag or sign a longer term deal. After that, all he can sign is a one year contract ($22,000,000 in this case) with the team that tagged him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm shocked that no one can see what I believe will happen, coming....

 

The Niners trade 2nd for garappollo. Next year the niners will franchise Jimmy and trade him for at least a number one pick and possibly more overall to a team like the browns or Jags. the niners sign kirk Cousins...

 

I think this happens and is absolutely smart by the niners

 

Can you imagine having the #1 pick and grabbing the #2 pick from browns as well for garapollo? And signing Cousins...

 

it's really plausible considering how much the browns wanted Jimmy

Lol no this isn't happening 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 10:13 PM, jvan1973 said:

I would love to see the offense they run in new England come here.   The only issue is it never seems  to look the same when the oc goes elsewhere.    I wouldn't hate it if they hired McDaniel.  

 

I hear yah.  McDaniels has a great offensive mind, hopefully when he gets his next head coach gig he will do better then his time in Denver, time will tell. 

 

 I too like the pats offense, be a nice fit if you guys incorporate it in Indy with Luck.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I can't see McDaniels going to Indy for two reasons. One, he'll want full control of personnel, and you guys have a GM. Two, though ownership is stable, I can't see him wanting to work for Irsay, and as a Belichick protege he'll be taking those factors heavily into consideration. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoPats said:

 

I can't see McDaniels going to Indy for two reasons. One, he'll want full control of personnel, and you guys have a GM. Two, though ownership is stable, I can't see him wanting to work for Irsay, and as a Belichick protege he'll be taking those factors heavily into consideration. 

 

 

Then he can coach some scrub team with no QB and fail again his choice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Then he can coach some scrub team with no QB and fail again his choice 

 

Which is probably why he's still in NE and has turned down head coach opportunities every offseason for the past 2 or 3 years. I think these guys learn the first time around, and McDaniels made plenty of mistakes in Denver. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

Which is probably why he's still in NE and has turned down head coach opportunities every offseason for the past 2 or 3 years. I think these guys learn the first time around, and McDaniels made plenty of mistakes in Denver. 

 

 

 

Yes, he is waiting for the right spot, team, QB, etc.  One would think if you bomb twice you are kind of done as HC goes.  He has a nice job in NE building a resume and should not be in a rush to leave lest a very good opportunity comes up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 1:55 AM, Jules said:

Sounds like a blast. 80% of your diet is VEGETABLES.

 

I know people don't eat like this in Indy (I don't either), but lots of people think veggies should dominate a meal.  I have even started adding a second veggie to my dinners...

 

Berardi-Anytime-Plate.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 3:50 AM, LockeDown said:

I am on record stating  that Jimmy G. Will not be the savior for that team.  Without major talent on that team, he is not playmaker enough to overcome their deficiencies.  He needs a good situation like NE to thrive. In other words, he's going to get hit a lot. 

 

McDaniels will sign on as 49ers HC next season.  Brady and Belichick will be in NE for five more years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wizwor said:

 

McDaniels will sign on as 49ers HC next season.  Brady and Belichick will be in NE for five more years.  

 

Did you mean to say McDaniels will sign on to coach in SF next year?    Or did you mean Indy?

 

The Colts will likely need an HC.

 

The 49ers do not.     They have Kyle Shannahan.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just speculating of course, but I could see Josh to SF as part of a wink-wink deal that sent Jimmy G. there.  If Bill and Tom plan to be in Foxboro for more than a couple years, it would give the duo a chance to succeed in the NFC.  If you want to go crazy, Josh goes to SF next year and the teams swap QBs reuniting TB12 with his old OC and bringing Jimmy G home to kick off the next dynasty before Bill retires.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wizwor said:

Just speculating of course, but I could see Josh to SF as part of a wink-wink deal that sent Jimmy G. there.  If Bill and Tom plan to be in Foxboro for more than a couple years, it would give the duo a chance to succeed in the NFC.  If you want to go crazy, Josh goes to SF next year and the teams swap QBs reuniting TB12 with his old OC and bringing Jimmy G home to kick off the next dynasty before Bill retires.   

I'm also going on record stating none of that will happen.  Shantahan will be there 3+ years. He earned this shot and now it's his time to deliver or not.  W/o said talent, both will fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wizwor said:

Just speculating of course, but I could see Josh to SF as part of a wink-wink deal that sent Jimmy G. there.  If Bill and Tom plan to be in Foxboro for more than a couple years, it would give the duo a chance to succeed in the NFC.  If you want to go crazy, Josh goes to SF next year and the teams swap QBs reuniting TB12 with his old OC and bringing Jimmy G home to kick off the next dynasty before Bill retires.   

 

That's all interesting speculation.....

 

But Kyle Shannahan has a new 6-year contract which will have 5 more years to pay off.    So does the GM, John Lynch.

 

Add up the cost of buying out two huge contracts plus all the contracts of the assistants and your talking a monster number.    

 

Then you'd have to spend to bring in McDaniels,  a new GM,  and a new staff if assistants and the cost would be crushing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Jimmy G is in for the Niners after an injury to the starter CJ  Beathard. He has a TD.

SF must have been in full tank mode...Jimmy should have been playing after the bye...I mean Brissett came in day 1 and after like 3 weeks they still didn't want to give Jimmy the rock? I think it's a good fit with him and Shannahan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dgambill said:

SF must have been in full tank mode...Jimmy should have been playing after the bye...I mean Brissett came in day 1 and after like 3 weeks they still didn't want to give Jimmy the rock? I think it's a good fit with him and Shannahan.

 

I agree. He is going to be a good player for them if he re-signs there. (His contract terminates at the end of the season, right?)

 

What do you think of what Shurmur is doing with the Vikes offense? Some of your fellow Colts fans said they would be interested in Shurmur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

I agree. He is going to be a good player for them if he re-signs there. (His contract terminates at the end of the season, right?)

 

What do you think of what Shurmur is doing with the Vikes offense? Some of your fellow Colts fans said they would be interested in Shurmur. 

He can be franchised (and I'm sure he will be they have no one else worth doing that too). I anticipate it being a good fit...he just needs help and they need to go out and get it.

 

Shurmur has done a great job. I've got nothing against him. Cleveland fired him after 1 season I think as head coach but I think that was because there was a changing of the guard etc. He has worked with Holmgren and had success with several young qbs (Mcnabb, McCoy, Bradford, Foles, and now Keenum have all had career years under him) and done great with what he has had there in Minny so far. Basically everywhere he has stopped the offense has excelled and been at the top of the league and turnovers are usually kept low. I would certainly take him as an OC...and if we are going offensive HC then he and McDaniels should be right up there. I think a lot rides on his approach to leading a team and not just calling plays and running an offense...but if he is on our short list I would be very very happy about that. It would be a big loss for you guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Yehoodi said:

 

Yes, he is waiting for the right spot, team, QB, etc.  One would think if you bomb twice you are kind of done as HC goes.  He has a nice job in NE building a resume and should not be in a rush to leave lest a very good opportunity comes up. 

Yeah...I think McDaniels is probably thinking he is going to take over after the Tom/Bill run. I don't see Bill coaching past Tom..another SB or two and 3-4 years I think they both hang it up...or at least Bill maybe just moves up stairs only. The real rub would be then if Patricia got the job and McDaniels got left holding the empty bag...now that would be crazy. Honestly waiting for the right fit is important...but he is not likely to get a better qb to work with then Luck...and I doubt he gets full control like @GOPATS said. Looking around the NFL that kind of control is EXTREMELY rare...and for good reason. Now I could see him going and working with a GM he has a very close relationship with...and perhaps Ballard wouldn't be that guy...but I think Ballard and Luck is a pretty good combination. I don't know who our next coach will be...if we go young and energetic or someone that has been around...but I think this team is being built back up correctly and I think they will have a great opportunity in a year or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pulling for the Bears...we likely won't leap frog SF but it would help us stay ahead of the Bears if we win a game....which I don't see how we lose to both Denver and Houston....gotta win one of those two I would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think he's the real deal, I honestly do.

 

Someday the Patriots could regret this trade. I know they have Brady but seriously Jimmy G is a total young freaking stud. How do you let that go? 

Yeah I agree..in the right system I think he is legit. If they could have held on to him for like 1 more year after this one I think him and McDaniels could have entered in a new generation of Pats success. Now they have to invest another high draft pick in a qb and hope he is as good...Brady is awesome! But he is closer to retirement than he thinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 9:19 PM, dgambill said:

SF must have been in full tank mode...Jimmy should have been playing after the bye...I mean Brissett came in day 1 and after like 3 weeks they still didn't want to give Jimmy the rock? I think it's a good fit with him and Shannahan.

 

Yeah....     so much for that SF talk about NOT playing JG the rest if the season once they acquired him.     I never bought that.     Not for a minute.    And said as much in this thread.

 

I suspect SF will write a nice check to JG this off-season and lock him up for 4-6 more years.    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 5:57 AM, southwest1 said:

So, I take it that Kirk Cousins won't be reuniting with WR Pierre Garçon next yr? 

 

Well, I'll be darned, I thought Cousins in the Bay was a done deal next season. 

 It the way Jimmy G has been lighting it up for the 49ers. Even if he does bad the last 2 games he is going get paid. Big money to stay. (He is 5-0 as a starter)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...