Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton Walks Out On Reporters

tvturner

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Anyone questioning Hilton's talent is insane. You can't be as competitive as Hilton and be happy that your qb gets hit every play unable to get you the ball.

And when Hilton does get the ball, he drops 40% of those passes the last three games. How much are they paying this guy?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again with bashing the media.........

There was nothing wrong with asking the question.      Nothing at all.

Now,  I wouldn't make it the first question I'd ask,  but I'd certainly ask the question, and ANY responsible journalist would as well.  

You'd ask him about the game,   his performance,  the team and other issues first.....    but before I left TY's locker,  I'd ask the question.

And by the way,   I have NO PROBLEM with TY not answering.     If he wants to walk away,  I'm OK with that.    He's not obligated to answer.        But the question absolutely HAS TO BE asked.    

Just because you don't like the question,  or you would't have asked it,  doesn't make it wrong that it was asked.

There's a report of a possible trade,   so you have to ask the question.     It's really as simple as that. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Now,  I wouldn't make it the first question I'd ask,  but I'd certainly ask the question, and ANY responsible journalist would as well.  

You'd ask him about the game,   his performance,  the team and other issues first.....    but before I left TY's locker,  I'd ask the question.

And by the way,   I have NO PROBLEM with TY not answering.     If he wants to walk away,  I'm OK with that.    He's not obligated to answer.        But the question absolutely HAS TO BE asked.    

Just because you don't like the question,  or you would't have asked it,  doesn't make it wrong that it was asked.

There's a report of a possible trade,   so you have to ask the question.     It's really as simple as that. 

But it was the first question they asked.  Therefore the bashing.

Besides, how is TY going to answer a question about what his trade value is?

You say the question has to be asked.  Its a question designed to invoke a reaction, not to get a legitimate answer; hence the National Enquirer TMZ similarity.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But it was the first question they asked.  Therefore the bashing.

Besides, how is TY going to answer a question about what his trade value is?

You say the question has to be asked.  Its a question designed to invoke a reaction, not to get a legitimate answer; hence the National Enquirer TMZ similarity.

Do we know it was the first question asked?      I saw people make that assumption,  but I didn't see anything to support the claim.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Do we know it was the first question asked?      I saw people make that assumption,  but I didn't see anything to support the claim.

I don't know.  I was going with the trend. 

Since TY had poor stats in a game where we scored 23 points, I'd hope the reporters would ask him about stuff he could respond to, not about what another GM might trade to get him.

2 hours ago, IinD said:

C'mon man, you know how the league works. If you have cap space and draft picks=winner. No doubt about it.

Trade TY, Draft the next Marvin Harrison, trade Luck, pick the next Peyton.

This ain't hard bro.

So easy to do in madden though

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

You have been on a rant-rage here lately so nothing any Colt can do would not make you get on them.

Just calling it like I see it. 

I love this team, and want to be fair with myself about how bad it is right now. Others should be doing the same. Maybe they’re just not ready to accept it yet. I can understand that, but you will all be seeing this the same as me soon enough. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I love this team, and want to be fair with myself about how bad it is right now. Others should be doing the same. Maybe they’re just not ready to accept it yet. I can understand that, but you will all be seeing this the same as me soon enough. 

It's not a point of all of us seeing it. It's a point of realizing this is the NFL and everything is not going to go your way or be peaches and cream. You say you have been a long time Colt fan? Then you should remember this team not doing so good at times. Calm down, this is not the end of the world.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not a point of all of us seeing it. It's a point of realizing this is the NFL and everything is not going to go your way or be peaches and cream. You say you have been a long time Colt fan? Then you should remember this team not doing so good at times. Calm down, this is not the end of the world.

Just because I have lived through the 80s and 90s as a Colts fan doesn’t mean I should give this team a pass in 2017. 

What are you talking about!

By your logic, this is not the end of the world so I just turn a blind eye to everything that’s happening. That might be the way you deal, but not me. I accept it for the 100% reality that it is, and deal with it head-on. 

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You keep running into walls at high speed.....

OK.....   feel free to spell out the "history of stifling the development of young players...."

Go ahead......

P.S. --- do you even realize that Ballard himself called out Basham as a player who has to start delivering more on the field....       but you think this is another Pagano issue.....

I could be wrong here, but since 2012 don't the colts have the lowest retention of drafted players?  Even this year with a new gm,  2nd rounder can't see the field, 3rd is a surprise forum post 8 weeks in, Banner gone, until recently on Mack "we need to find a way to get him involved (?)". 6th year of poor oline, poor D from a "defensive minded" coach....and our punter is still our best player.....blame whoever you want but at some point somebody's gotta coach somebody up.......

9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Just because I have lived through the 80s and 90s as a Colts fan doesn’t mean I should give this team a pass in 2017. 

What are you talking about!

By your logic, this is not the end of the world so I just turn a blind eye to everything that’s happening. That might be the way you deal, but not me. I accept it for the 100% reality that it is, and deal with it head-on. 

No one is giving anyone a pass. It's accepting the reality this team doesn't have the talent needed to win games.

A blind eye?? Really? No, the NFL has nothing to do with paying my bills, raising my family and or anything to do with my personal life.

Being a fan does not mean you have to let it become so personal it causes you to rant like it's the end of the world. It's just football. A game.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one is giving anyone a pass. It's accepting the reality this team doesn't have the talent needed to win games.

A blind eye?? Really? No, the NFL has nothing to do with paying my bills, raising my family and or anything to do with my personal life.

Being a fan does not mean you have to let it become so personal it causes you to rant like it's the end of the world. It's just football. A game.

Did you just say no one is getting a pass? People sure are fooling you. Have you been reading this forum? There sure are a lot of excuses being thrown around for our GM. Do you think he is making excuses for his soon to be 2-14 record? NOPE!

Chris Ballard does not seem like the kind of guy to make excuses for himself. He will own it, and that's probably why he will succeed. He is smart enough to know the moment he starts whining and complaining about circumstances then its over for him.

This is a football board so take a guess as to what we will talk about on this football board. If you want to talk about paying your bills, raising your family and or anything to do with your personal life, then this is probably not the right place for that. If you come here to talk about the Indianapolis Colts, and how bad of a team they are right now then you have absolutely landed in the right spot. 

17 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I could be wrong here, but since 2012 don't the colts have the lowest retention of drafted players?  Even this year with a new gm,  2nd rounder can't see the field, 3rd is a surprise forum post 8 weeks in, Banner gone, until recently on Mack "we need to find a way to get him involved (?)". 6th year of poor oline, poor D from a "defensive minded" coach....and our punter is still our best player.....blame whoever you want but at some point somebody's gotta coach somebody up.......

The person who is most responsible for failed draft picks is not Chuck Pagano.

It's Ryan Grigson.

And that's, in part,  why he is no longer the GM of the team.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So true

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Did you just say no one is getting a pass? People sure are fooling you. Have you been reading this forum? There sure are a lot of excuses being thrown around for our GM. Do you think he is making excuses for his soon to be 2-14 record? NOPE!

Chris Ballard does not seem like the kind of guy to make excuses for himself. He will own it, and that's probably why he will succeed. He is smart enough to know the moment he starts whining and complaining about circumstances then its over for him.

This is a football board so take a guess as to what we will talk about on this football board. If you want to talk about paying your bills, raising your family and or anything to do with your personal life, then this is probably not the right place for that. If you come here to talk about the Indianapolis Colts, and how bad of a team they are right now then you have absolutely landed in the right spot. 

You are taking the "fan" part of fanatic to a whole new level.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Everything Will be Okay 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Getting too emotional over something you have zero control over is not healthy.

Being emotionally vested and getting emotional are two different things. 

I have rationally and emotionally accepting the truths. It's others who are denying themselves the opportunity to be honest about it. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Being emotionally vested and getting emotional are two different things. 

From your comments yesterday and today it does seem you are getting emotional over something you have no control over.

Just take a deep breath and let it go. High blood pressure damages your heart.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

From your comments yesterday and today it does seem you are getting emotional over something you have no control over.

Just take a deep breath and let it go. High blood pressure damages your heart.

You can think whatever you want to. 

I promise I have a much better handle on this situation then anyone else I have interacted with on this board. I have accepted how bad this team is. I have accepted a 2-14 season. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

You can think whatever you want to. 

I promise I have a much better handle on this situation then anyone else I have interacted with on this board. I have accepted how bad this team is. I have accepted a 2-14 season. 

I completely understand the situation very well just like to for the positives

I always tried to be the good coach

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have been a Colts fan since I was 5 and still rarely call them we, the only “We’s” in my life are the Princeton Community Tigers and Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Okay. 

That has nothing to do with me. 

I am in Evansville so I like it when USI is doing well. I am not emotionally connected to them though. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

But, there isn't a report, is there?

I thought it was a rumor, from a media guy, as far as we know, correct?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow!

I absolutely agree with you, and I believe you bring a unique perspective to this situation as well. 

40 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

These rants have less to do with how bad our team is right now and more to do with how you're most likely upset that nobody else is reacting the way you are. None of us are happy with this season, but you don't have to go on multiple tirades about it.

We landed a few really good FA's, some extremely talented draft picks that should develop really well, and an amazing QB that should be back next season. We all knew the mess Grigson left behind, nobody expected this team to do extremely well, and if you thought any differently, you have nobody else to blame but yourself for the unrealistic expectations.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

These rants have less to do with how bad our team is right now and more to do with how you're most likely upset that nobody else is reacting the way you are. None of us are happy with this season, but you don't have to go on multiple tirades about it.

We landed a few really good FA's, some extremely talented draft picks that should develop really well, and an amazing QB that should be back next season. We all knew the mess Grigson left behind, nobody expected this team to do extremely well, and if you thought any differently, you have nobody else to blame but yourself for the unrealistic expectations.

Very nice

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Can you guys not help yourself with the personal attacks?

Really!! Is it that hard to just have a real conversation? Does the truth get under you skin so much that you have to go personal? 

It is real simple. Chris Ballard is the GM of this football team. History will show that in 2017, his record was 2-12 (or very close to it). 

Really simple. Nothing complicated about it. No excuses. Just facts. I am sure Ballard will own this record, and it will make him stronger. Why are some of you having an issue understanding this? Stop overthinking it. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Can you guys not help yourself with the personal attacks?

Really!! Is it that hard to just have a real conversation? Dooes the truth get under you skin so much that you have to go personal? 

It is real simple. Chris Ballard is the GM of this football team. History will show that in 2017, his record was 2-12 (or very close to it). 

Really simple. Nothing complicated about it. No excuses. Just facts. I am sure Ballard will own this record, and it will make him stronger. Why are some of you having an issue understanding this? Stop overthinking it. 

Wow, you are way too touchy.  The comment was an observation and you call it a personal attack. 

Talk about over thinking about things? You are pretty good at that yourself.

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

But, there isn't a report, is there?

I thought it was a rumor, from a media guy, as far as we know, correct?

The rumor came from somewhere...    so a reporter could walk up and say....   "Hey,  there's a report, an unconfirmed rumor of the Colts being in talks to trade you...    can you comment?"

Thats all that needs to be said.

It's polite, respectful,  and straight forward...     it's a professional question.

But it HAS to be asked...    you never know what a player might say or do.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The rumor came from somewhere...    so a reporter could walk up and say....   "Hey,  there's a report, an unconfirmed rumor of the Colts being in talks to trade you...    can you comment?"

Thats all that needs to be said.

It's polite, respectful,  and straight forward...     it's a professional question.

But it HAS to be asked...    you never know what a player might say or do.

Nicely put