Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady And The Clutch Qb Enigma In General, Does "clutch" Exist?

chad72

Think it goes beyond that. I am more comfortable with Eli in a 2 minute drive and needing a score than I am the rest of the game.

There was a study done by Football Outsiders back in February of 2010 where they attempted to rate the most "clutch" QBs.

Know who topped the list even back then? Our boy #10.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2010/guest-column-adjusted-comeback-efficiency

There is no arguing that 'clutch,' does exist. Your brain will trigger enzymes and chemicals like adrenaline which greatly heighten your awareness and co-ordination for a short time. How the media chooses to give certain players the clutch moniker is another topic. I think some QBs run hot the entire game and others need events to trigger their increased performance.

There is no arguing that 'clutch,' does exist. Your brain will trigger enzymes and chemicals like adrenaline which greatly heighten your awareness and co-ordination for a short time. How the media chooses to give certain players the clutch moniker is another topic. I think some QBs run hot the entire game and others need events to trigger their increased performance.

Nice, I like that explanation:)

I personally think of "Clutch" being the final drive in a close scoring game. Everyone's enzymes kick into over-drive, separating the rookies from the veterans, the nervous from the uncertain, and the skilled from the unskilled. The difficulty in defining "clutch" lies in football being a team sport, so you're evaluating multiple performers and trying to pin them on their respectful QB's. Unfortunately, when one of these performers is not clutch, it makes the QB look bad.

I personally think of "Clutch" being the final drive in a close scoring game. Everyone's enzymes kick into over-drive, separating the rookies from the veterans, the nervous from the uncertain, and the skilled from the unskilled. The difficulty in defining "clutch" lies in football being a team sport, so you're evaluating multiple performers and trying to pin them on their respectful QB's. Unfortunately, when one of these performers is not clutch, it makes the QB look bad.

Yep....I realize this was a positional analysis, but in the playoffs and especially the Super Bowl there is no getting around it.

It kinda helps when the other 21 starters are "clutch".

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 22, 2012 - spam
Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 22, 2012 - spam

Hi, I like this work in this web site, you are standing up with great things! This web site is much helpfull!

I´m Rosen, I´m from Bristol, and I will be a fan of this web page, my personal details may be boring but I will tell them off course I am very found of books as well as tv shows, and I also listen a lot Him on my roadtrips, I´m single at the moment so male users....just kidding :)! I already tried online dating It did not work out very well....

I made this comment because as I already said I really like your page I also have a web community just like you, but mine is many different from yours, it is about free poker money....:)

I will also have to apologize by my writting it is the only way I get to talk with you guys....BYe BYe to everybody, love you all

Bradys best years may be behind him but he will leave as a better QB than Manning. Mannings behavior versus Bradys is insulting. Manning bites his nails, whines when he fails, gets that whiney little boy expression on his face when he three and outs and hid his head more than once when the final play (S) were the deciding factor-win or lose. Brady on the other hand takes it like a man. Clutch? Don't forget #18's super bowl interception and playoff interceptions.