LucasOilStadium

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

When .i say chemistry I also mean cadence and such

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  My point is that the chemistry doesn't really help much.  When a second-tier (non-starter-quality) QB comes in, he is usually most effective in his first couple games.......when he doesn't have chemistry with the team.  For a starter, yeah, chemistry matters.  A starting-caliber QB usually gets better with chemistry.  That doesn't seem to be true for the second-tier QBs........at least not enough so to make up for the opposing defenses having film available to study.

2 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

No, I get what you're saying.  It's not as crazy as it sounds, but can you imagine the blowup that would have happened over that?

I have seen plenty of coaches decline an offensive hold to make it a shorter 3rd down, while giving up the opportunity to make it a longer down.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• And I’d put more money on the first two options that involve him leaving. Ballard is not the GM that the Colts need for the long term. I think he stopped being able he answer once Luck retired, and also Castonzo to a lesser degree. The story of Ballard is that he’s a great GM when most of the answers are already there. He’s great at finding temporary solutions, but can’t hit on anything long term at the positions where it matters. I really think his  best role is to be the head of college scouting for a team.
    • Maybe I have lower expectations of Colt success because I have been a fan for so long. I will say this in the past 45 years I have picked the Colts to win the super bowl ZERO times and have only been wrong ONE time! History tells me as gm's, coaches and players change the results do not. All this arguing about Ballard sucks, coach sucks, players suck is comical. We just lost to a steeler team that is so bad the Eagles called off the dogs at halftime against them and still won 38-13! We lost to the eagles in the last minute mostly because of a crucial missed facemark, see the difference? We played as bad as we had to to lose to that talentless steeler team, so many mistakes that the steelers themselves didn't "force" to happen(especially on that last drive). Then the refs clinched it with the non-call on the obvious pass interference on the 4th and 3. But, we never should have been in that situation anyways, we should have blown out that pathetic steeler team as bad as the Eagles did. History repeats itself over and over, just the way it is in the nfl. People attack Ballard, Polian is the one who failed miserably. Peyton Manning as his qb for 14 years and we go to just two Super Bowls(wow, that is what sucks). Then Manning goes to a team run by a car salesman who never so much worked as one day as a scout and goes to 2 Super Bowls in just 4 years! Huh, how is that even possible???? And the record of the Broncos in the non-Peyton years run by Elway is what, 20-30 games below .500 hahahahahahaha How does Elway keep is job??? Some of you people on here really need to become Detroit Lion fans so you can see what ineptitude looks like. I'm not happy with the way the season is going, but I've seen this many times before. And in the end, I am a COLT FAN, go Colts!!!!!
    • Fair enough.  I’m not trying to get under anyone’s skin but if my opinions about Colts FB do I couldn’t be more comfortable with anything than I am with that.    
    • Generally, it's the defense that has overperformed to make up for the offense. Which is why games have appeared close. In reality, if we had an average offense, we'd probably be winning close games instead of losing them. The blame is easy to place on Ballards feet as he's admitted that the WR position isn't important to him, he hasn't drafted a franchise QB, and most importantly, the O-Line has fell apart. Some of this has been due to stubbornness, some due to not using FA correctly, and the rest due to misses in the draft.   The team has talent, but the coaching was also terrible, and I'm guessing if Sirianni was promoted to HC before taking over the Eagles, we'd be in better shape. Until we fix the QB position and O-Line however, we will continue to be in this position.
    • Well I thought it was pretty childish.   Yeah I am a little confused at your wording here.    I have not one time said that you would even qualify as a poster my original comment would be referring to. And you werent someone I was thinking of when I made it, because I dont think youre unreasonable in your criticism in most cases. I have never tried to control what you post on here, or what anyone posts on here for that matter.   If you want to insult me be my guest. But youre gonna have to do much better than that to get under my skin.    Thats actually a pretty big stretch. I have never seen anyone suggest you should agree with most everything the team does. Not one time. And Ive been around awhile.     
  • Members

• jemack

jemack 96

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 4,051

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 314

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 3,183

• Colts.sb41

Colts.sb41 159

• chad72