Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis arrested

Virtuoso80

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Something else happened, if he was below the limit (was he screwing with his phone while driving?- maybe he gave the cops a hard time?). People don't like to acknowledge this, but there's a limit, because it's not in fact against the law to have a few beers and drive in the same day. In fact, most people have done it, especially if you've been to a football game or a bar.

I'll wait until I hear Mathis' story, but I'm more likely to believe him over the CPD

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Something else happened, if he was below the limit (was he screwing with his phone while driving?- maybe he gave the cops a hard time?). People don't like to acknowledge this, but there's a limit, because it's not in fact against the law to have a few beers and drive in the same day. In fact, most people have done it, especially if you've been to a football game or a bar.

You are speaking to deaf ears since the most I drank was on my 21 Birthday

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Screwing with your phone doesn't merit an arrest.

I don't know the exact order of these things, but I'm going to guess that if you've got a few beers in you (but not over the limit) and you're messing with your phone, swerving, get pulled over, the cops discretion comes in to play.

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

I'm curious as to why he is being held without bond...??     I'm assuming that is standard procedure for anyone arrested for OWI  or DUI...   simply meaning they can't bond out until seeing the Judge the next day.?

he is just awaiting his bond amount, that's all.  there would be no way he wouldn't get a bond for that offense.  It just takes time depending on how crowded it is.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Apparently, he was driving the wrong way on a one way street.  I used to live on a one way street, people did that all the time.  I believe it was due to gps not showing that it was a one  way street and telling people to turn when they really shouldn't have.

Just now, chrisfarley said:

officer's discretion.  he probably failed the field sobriety test.

That could be, maybe he only had 2 beers but was on pain killers so that hampered his ability to function properly. I don't know that for a fact but just a guess. When Tiger Woods got pulled over, he hadn't even had 1 drink but was on pain killers and looked a mess.

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Apparently, he was driving the wrong way on a one way street.  I used to live on a one way street, people did that all the time.  I believe it was due to gps not showing that it was a one  way street and telling people to turn when they really shouldn't have.

I don't love the Luck puns, these days, but if this season was a movie it'd be called" Bad Luck- 2017, The Colts story. Driving the wrong way on a one way street..

Just now, IinD said:

I'm not here to argue law bro.

Headline days drunk, arrested. That's all I'm commenting on. 

Not trying to argue but just strange they arrested him for OWI which is driving drunk, but he was below the limit.  Just something weird about it.

Just now, Virtuoso80 said:

Not trying to argue but just strange they arrested him for OWI which is driving drunk, but he was below the limit.  Just something weird about it.

Could be bad reporting. We know how accurate they are nowadays.

For all we know the #'s could be way off.

Just now, Virtuoso80 said:

I agree the law is the law. If the cops want to arrest someone because they are .081 then that is the law. If someone is .079 then they cant have it both ways. Mathis was only .052, that is maybe 2 beers. That is why I think there is more to it.

Before people start drifting into the idea that the Carmel PD was picking on a black man because he's black, this is Robert Mathis.  I'm sure enough cops involved knew who he was when they pulled his ID, assuming he had it with him.  I doubt they conjured up some phony charge on Robert Mathis just to arrest him because he's black.

Wait for the facts. 

And sometimes cops want the perp to sober up a bit.  If his perception is being compromised at a 0.52 level, wrong way on a one way, then maybe the cops take him in and let him sit a while.  It keeps him from messing things up further....his own life for one thing.

You can still be under the league limit and be arrested for OWI. Not a lot of people know that.

Its depends if the Officer had probable cause to believe he was too intoxitcated to drive.

Medications can make the alcohol effects stronger or other circumstances like that.

5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

You can still be under the league limit and be arrested for OWI. Not a lot of people know that.

Its depends if the Officer had probable cause to believe he was too intoxitcated to drive.

Medications can make the alcohol effects stronger or other circumstances like that.

Yeah I posted this earlier. Mathis may have took a pain pill + had a couple of beers so maybe was belligerent??