Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8 Minute Irsay Interview From Thursday? (Merge)

LightninMax

And I will go on record to be his BIGGEST Critic every single interception, or sack fumble. I'll be screaming for his head.

so just to be clear: you said the same thing back in '98 when Peyton went 3-13, right?

you are not going to forgive Luck for a losing rookie season? you never forgave Peyton, did you? oh wait, you did!

and you were calling Manning "over hyped" too, correct?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing that could ever happen to Andrew Luck from a professional standpint is if he sits and watches Peyton Manning next season...

Rookie QBs need time to adjust and work with their team before them are inserted against top defenses like Houston and the Bears..who we play next year...

But beyond that..as jedi suggest...

Luck will be the face of the Colts...and every loss will be on him...He will be dealing with teammates he largely does not know.

..and he will get a beat down....all rookies do...and logival or not...Luck will be blamed for EVERYTHING

...all QBs are in all NFL towns

.....and I think that if Manning can get back near full strength...he will still be able to creates wins with the present offense...

.and when he steps down....Luck will step in and not miss a beat...

And if it's played out like that, and Manning not ran out of town I will resign as president of ALCM :)

I find it funny that we have a post that says "We are one step closer..." and now one that says "We are two steps closer..."

What's next? (OK, Obviously its "We are three steps closer...")

We are 2,176.44 steps closer to being 5 steps closer to knowing if we are 3 steps closer to..... Ok my head hurts again...Ow

I was thinking the same thing

This two step one got merged with an existing thread about the interview

so just to be clear: you said the same thing back in '98 when Peyton went 3-13, right?

you are not going to forgive Luck for a losing rookie season? you never forgave Peyton, did you? oh wait, you did!

and you were calling Manning "over hyped" too, correct?

Ummm wasn't it Leaf not Manning that was given all the hype?

The Colts and the City of Indianapolis have a contract where the Colts must stay in Indianapolis till 2034. Stop posting blatant nonsense without checking some facts. These "doom and gloom" posts are laughable. Most fans here are looking at a bright future whether its Manning or no Manning and a select few are running around acting like its the end of the world if one player leaves.

THIS,WELL SAID!

The whole "Manning didn't come out winning" argument isn't a valid one, because he set rookie passing records for touchdowns, yards, completions, and completion %. He was also making scary good reads on veteran defenses, and had stats better than most seasoned vets. Manning's greatness was evident once he started taking snaps in the NFL, despite not having much around him.

The problem Luck faces is that EVERYONE is expecting, and proclaiming him to be great, and audiences are far less patient now than they were even 10 years ago. When 1 year wonder/bust projection QB's like Newton can come out and play well, Luck better be nothing short of the best rookie QB of all-time, and a top 5 QB in the league from day 1, or he will face heavy criticism. Fans won't wait for the team around him to develop.

His best bet is to work behind Peyton, develop with the new QB coach, as well as the other young, up-and-coming players, and come in when he's ready to win immediately. That's why you want Peyton to stay: it gives you wins now, while the future guy develops into a winner. You get to skip the whole anxiety attack of wondering if the Colts are sinking into oblivion; which will happen if Luck starts in 2012.

And Manning being taken #1 overall didn't mean that he was EXPECTED to come in and make a difference for this team, and EXPECTED to win games? ANY PLAYER TAKEN #1 IS EXPECTED TO WIN GAMES AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE. And yes his numbers were great, but numbers don't always translate to wins, and we all know wins are what matters most. Wins keep fans happy, wins keeps butts in the seats, and wins makes everything right in the world. If Manning put up great numbers but the team didn't become a consistent winner then all the numbers were for nothing. If you're realistic about the shape this team is in you don't expect anybody, even Manning himself, to be the magic cure and instantly we are a Super Bowl contender again. Get your head out of the clouds and come down to reality.

The Colts and the City of Indianapolis have a contract where the Colts must stay in Indianapolis till 2034. Stop posting blatant nonsense without checking some facts. These "doom and gloom" posts are laughable. Most fans here are looking at a bright future whether its Manning or no Manning and a select few are running around acting like its the end of the world if one player leaves.

lmao, this post makes me laugh. So tell me what happened last year when ONE player left. Ya, 2 wins. Bottom of the tank. So in a way, the colts worl record of playoff apperences in a row did come to an end didnt it.

Ummm wasn't it Leaf not Manning that was given all the hype?

What if?what if the colts never moved here, what if he had an owner like mike brown, what if PM never got hurt, what if we did'nt go 2-14,what if luck is the next montana, what if this forum shut down until march, o wait now that is a grand idea. what if all you gloom and doomers quit hanging on every syllable uttered. Can we please stop this nonsense!

Well to some, there will never be another QB that can mange to win games for this franchise in the future. You guys better hope you can find the fountain of youth to keep Manning behind center for all of eternity then. I know it won't hurt anybody's feelings but I'm off this forum for awhile. The sheer blind stupidity of your admiration of one man and the willingness to trash a guy before he's even given a chance....you know the same thing Manning was afforded...a chance...speaks volumes to your logic.

Well to some, there will never be another QB that can mange to win games for this franchise in the future. You guys better hope you can find the fountain of youth to keep Manning behind center for all of eternity then. I know it won't hurt anybody's feelings but I'm off this forum for awhile. The sheer blind stupidity of your admiration of one man and the willingness to trash a guy before he's even given a chance....you know the same thing Manning was afforded...a chance...speaks volumes to your logic.

Dont let the door hit ya.. well, you know where.

I'm pulling a Reggie... I'm sticking up for a MEMBER of a Colt a MEMBER of the team CURRENTLY... Not a person who yes I know 99.9% chance will be a member, but not a member yet, and not someone who because of their HYPE will be apart of reason the MEMBER who is on the team is ran out of town

I don't know where the sentiment against Luck is coming from. I have nothing against him and want him to play for the Colts - in 2 or 3 years when Manning retires (or in between when Manning gets a rest). I want the best of both worlds and I want Irsay and Ryan "talk ball" Grigson to find a way to make it happen!

lmao, this post makes me laugh. So tell me what happened last year when ONE player left. Ya, 2 wins. Bottom of the tank. So in a way, the colts worl record of playoff apperences in a row did come to an end didnt it.

What does that have to do with anything? He is saying that once Luck arrives and Manning leaves, the Colts will suck for years and the franchise will end up moving to another city. What exactly does going 2-14 have to do with that? Dear god.

Hey Doogan, when you said the "logical among us" is this who you had in mind?

Doogan isn't responsible for my comments... I'm sure Doogan isn't anywhere near against Luck as I am, maybe he is, my statements are based solely at being against replacing Luck with a healthy Manning. Please direct any questions about my comments to me, Doogan can't answer for my train of thought just as much as yours.

Man don't do that, you will only be letting the few win. the blind will be blind rather you are or not so stay on board and try to just hit the few positive football related posts, there are a few out there,they are just hard to find. I feel your pain,it is like fighting over trying to predict the future. People have ask and ask but some refuse to stop the speculation. Dont be forced out by a rare few.

Doogan isn't responsible for my comments... I'm sure Doogan isn't anywhere near against Luck as I am, maybe he is, my statements are based solely at being against replacing Luck with a healthy Manning. Please direct any questions about my comments to me, Doogan can't answer for my train of thought just as much as yours.

The problem is Manning is not healthy. What are your thoughts on replacing a possibly not healthy Manning with Luck? Im curious

I see your train. DERAILED!

I don't know where the sentiment against Luck is coming from. I have nothing against him and want him to play for the Colts - in 2 or 3 years when Manning retires (or in between when Manning gets a rest). I want the best of both worlds and I want Irsay and Ryan "talk ball" Grigson to find a way to make it happen!

I think the sentiment against Luck is coming from a desperate realization that Manning may be gone, and their need to blame someone for it.

Rational review shows that Luck has nothing to do with Manning's injury, or his contract.

This man knows of what he speaks.

Listen to this man.!!!

The problem is Manning is not healthy. What are your thoughts on replacing a possibly not healthy Manning with Luck? Im curious

Awesome it's so great to hear from you Mr. Mannings doctor... I hate to hear that Manning isn't healthy thank you for addressing your inside information of where exactly Manning is health wise right now... Thank you.

It was a joke for me and some of the more uneven of us on the board.

BTW - your rant about letting Manning go resulting in the team moving to LA was comedy gold. Thanks for the laugh.

Awesome it's so great to hear from you Mr. Mannings doctor... I hate to hear that Manning isn't healthy thank you for addressing your inside information of where exactly Manning is health wise right now... Thank you.

Not only did you completely avoid the qestion

but you think Manning is 100% Healthy right now? What is your opinion on Luck replacing Manning if he is not healthy? Hello can you read?

Not only did you completely avoid the qestion

but you think Manning is 100% Healthy right now? What is your opinion on Luck replacing Manning if he is not healthy? Hello can you read?

You know just as much as me on Manning's health right now... I am against Manning being released being healthy enough to play for another team... And Luck starting for Colts.... That is what I am against... If Manning is healthy enough to play for team X.... He should be healthy enough to be the Colts starter... But to answer your question based on information neither one of us really knows if Manning isn't healthy enough then yes Luck should be replacement... Again this is BASED on Manning unable to play for any team... To make it clear I will repeat.... I AM against Luck being Colts starter, and Manning being team X starter because Irsay wanted to play with his new toy.

You know just as much as me on Manning's health right now... I am against Manning being released being healthy enough to play for another team... And Luck starting for Colts.... That is what I am against... If Manning is healthy enough to play for team X.... He should be healthy enough to be the Colts starter... But to answer your question based on information neither one of us really knows if Manning isn't healthy enough then yes Luck should be replacement... Again this is BASED on Manning unable to play for any team... To make it clear I will repeat.... I AM against Luck being Colts starter, and Manning being team X starter because Irsay wanted to play with his new toy.

Keep in mind team 'x' will not be paying Manning 35million dollars this upcoming season nor a 28million bonus and most likely will not be taking a 17mill cap hit. That is why its possible team 'x' might have Manning and the Colts won't

I just dont understand the animosity towards Luck. You can subsitute RG3 in there, Matt Flynn, heck even in an insane scenario though highly unlikely the Colts could get Drew Brees under center(again highly highly unlikely).

Its not Luck's fault for coming in and possibly being the starter. The Colts are the ones who may pick him. Grigson, Irsay, the FO etc. I don't see the hatred towards him. It's not his fault.

But thats not what Irsay wants or will do in my opinion. I believe he will keep Manning, push for 1-2 good years and then bring in Luck as the starter after Peyton leaves. Irsay even said as of Thursday that a healthy Manning is the better option than Luck at this point but he wants both on the roster.

Keep in mind team 'x' will not be paying Manning 35million dollars this upcoming season nor a 28million bonus and most likely will not be taking a 17mill cap hit. That is why its possible team 'x' might have Manning and the Colts won't

I just dont understand the animosity towards Luck. You can subsitute RG3 in there, Matt Flynn, heck even in an insane scenario though highly unlikely the Colts could get Drew Brees under center(again highly highly unlikely).

Its not Luck's fault for coming in and possibly being the starter. The Colts are the ones who may pick him. Grigson, Irsay, the FO etc. I don't see the hatred towards him. It's not his fault.

Okay So I will agree that I am being mad at the gun that shot Bambi's Mother, instead of the Hunter that shot her... In same since like I said before I am pulling a Reggie... I am fighting hard for a CURRENT team MEMBER, over top of someone coming in to replace a current team member.

Okay So I will agree that I am being mad at the gun that shot Bambi's Mother, instead of the Hunter that shot her... In same since like I said before I am pulling a Reggie... I am fighting hard for a CURRENT team MEMBER, over top of someone coming in to replace a current team member.

*sense sorry

Good luck with your battle. Keep fighting the good fight. Let me know how that turns out for ya.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over it. Some people just have to knock someone to make themselves feel better. People were knocking Manning before he was drafted (much of the Leaf hype was veiled anti-Manning sentiment). Some people just don't like those people that are considered the top of their field.

There are two things I do with those type of people; ignore them or have fun with them. But don't ask for an explanation for their behavior because you will never get one.

This crap has to stop. I watched the interview and Jim Irsay said nothing about talking numbers. I dont think I have heard him say anything about talking numbers with PM outside of saying if he wants to stay they would try to work it out. All Jim said in the interview was that he and PM have talked and e mailed more these last couple of week then they normally do. He said they talked about Tiger Woods golf game and such. Why are all these media types trying to make this into a divorce of some sort? I know they have to have something to talk about, but it this source cared to watch the interview ( which I can tell he did not ) he would have heard Jim talk about nothing but love for PM and vice versa on PM part. This report takes what Jim said and makes you think he or she has a scoop that numbers have not been talked about. darn, you think so.....Irsay said as much. Even if Peyton does not stay or he retires, I dont think it is going to be nasty when and if it happens. Media *s would love it to be, but even if PM leaves I am sure he will retire a Colt. I cant see any hatred between these two guys outside of what the media paints as so. Lets hope for the best for PM and the Colts!!! I love them both and always will.

Report: Irsay, Manning not discussing numbers

1493.jpg

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk refutes Colts owner Jim Irsay's comments that he's been negotiating with Peyton Manning over the past couple of weeks.

We were skeptical of Irsay's comments to local TV stations that he and Manning have been working on a revised contract. PFT's source claims "numbers aren't being discussed." The same source suggests a feeling in the Manning camp that Irsay has been talking "way too much" after urging the quarterback to keep matters "in house." The two sides are no closer to rapprochement.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Feb 17 - 9:46 AM

Luck Fanbois,

<----------The Stanford Forums are that way.

Some of us Colts fans are also Peyton Manning AND Andrew Luck fans. Stop assuming that everyone who likes PM hates AL and wants his kneecaps.

This thread is about Irsay and Manning. Can we please stay on topic?

That said, thanks for the link.