Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh

azcolt

Harbaugh has had success, but just not for me. Whoever we hire, just would like it to be an O minded coach, who will develop Luck to work to his strengths and someone who will hire a top quality D Coordinator and let him be aggressive and creative. Tired of this hesitant style we have had under Caldwell and Pagano.

This is the guy I keep reading about >>>>>>>>>>ESPN  says Kirby Smart has been the nation's best coach this season....Currently head coach Georgia...Georgia is currently ranked 3rd in AP Poll......in top 10 IN THE NATION rushing as a team.....and #2 IN THE NATION on team defense ....Running the ball and defense...My type of football....AND IT TENDS TO KEEP YOUR QB'S HEALTHY !!!!!!!!

Josh McDaniels is a guy who in my opinion got to see the coaching life in Denver and got great experience form that.  If he were to come here he has the understanding of coaching and allowing a GM t o do their job as well.  Let McDaniels structure our offense to keep Luck upright and quick routes for our WR's.  This will help our o-line troubles.  Also, his system that Superman mentioned helps with keeping the opposing teams D on their heels.  Another key thing that we can do with a smart QB like Luck.  

I will say I would like Jim Bob Cooter as well. 

Regardless, as they said during our game, Ballard wants a quicker paced offense next year to allow for Luck to stay healthy.  Get the ball out of his hands fast, similar to Manning and even Brady.  We will have to beat this into Luck's head though because he does like to hang on to that ball at times.

I still want Todd Bowles.  His Jets team has less talent then us but is competitive in every game.  

Diamond in the rough.

I don't think Harbaugh is going to come back to the NFL.  I think with what happened in SF he's going to be perfectly happy coaching college football.  

As I've said before coaching a big time program like Michigan and coaching an NFL team is actually a lateral move.  The pay is the same, the fan base is the same if not bigger.  The only difference is that in college he has full control and as long as he doesn't do something truely evil he can't really be fired as long as he's winning.  

Matt Patricia - that defense is pretty disciplined.  They game plan to take away the opponents best player and most of the time they accomplish that.  They make good halftime adjustments and pretty good in game decisions.

Plus he has been groomed with the hoodie's style of coaching and managing personnel.  Do your job - if you don't you are expendable.  

15 hours ago, Superman said:

By the way, McDaniels has become my first option over the course of the last two years. And I used to be firmly opposed to McDaniels.

Yeah...I kinda feel the same. Why do I feel dirty all over saying it?? lol

That said don't you think its kinda weird he didn't go somewhere this offseason or the last when his name was hot? I kinda get the feeling Bill might not be too far from hanging them up and moving up in the organization ala Tom Coughlin....so maybe Josh has been told he is the heir to the crown.

15 hours ago, Superman said:

By the way, McDaniels has become my first option over the course of the last two years. And I used to be firmly opposed to McDaniels.

Sorry...double post...dang web page....show some pride and do your job! Nothing with a horseshoe is working right now.

14 minutes ago, J@son said:

and why is that?

Yeah why is that?  Just because Ballard knows him from KC.  He interviewed a few times for a HC position.  Big deal.  He would cheaper than the big names that's for sure.  If Jim wants to hire a newbie he would be a good candidate I suppose.  I have a feeling Jim doesn't want a newbie though.  I think he wants experience this time like he did with the Dungy hire. .   

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yeah why is that?  Just because Ballard knows him from KC.  He interviewed a few times for a HC position.  Big deal.  He would cheaper than the big names that's for sure.  If Jim wants to hire a newbie he would be a good candidate I suppose.  I have a feeling Jim doesn't want a newbie though.  I think he wants experience this time like he did with the Dungy hire. .   

Yeah, the greatest Special Teams Coordinator of all time interviewed a few times for an HC position......big deal. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He knows him from Chicago and KC.  They have quit a few years around each other.

Just now, ManningGM said:

I'm pushing his name because he's the best candidate out there. You mad that I didn't mention Harbaugh? 

We don't even know who all of the possible candidates will be lol.  And no, not at all mad that you didn't mention Harbaugh. I'm entertained by all of the love for Toub that only started after those unsubstantiated rumors surfaced that Ballard would only accept the Indy GM job if he could bring Toub with him as HC.