Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we still not know who performed Luck's surgery?


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, sfergson727 said:

Dr. Nick.

 

Or this guy...
 

 

Lots of comics could say funny things.

He just said things funny.

 

I saw him on with Johnny Carson just once when he wasn't in character...He seemed a very articulate almost shy man.

He just said that nobody thought his 'straight' act was that funny but everybody loved his drunk act

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lots of comics could say funny things.

He just said things funny.

 

I saw him on with Johnny Carson just once when he wasn't in character...He seemed a very articulate almost shy man.

He just said that nobody thought his 'straight' act was that funny but everybody loved his drunk act

I used to love watching him on the Dean Martin roast shows. Him and Ruth Buzzy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I used to love watching him on the Dean Martin roast shows. Him and Ruth Buzzy.

Oh man. Ruth Buzzy in that raggedy old dress hitting people with her purse..

I know it was stupid but I laughed every time

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GusFring said:

https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/903242078297128962

 

If so, how has the media allowed this?

 

Oh, Dear God....

 

We don't know because we're not entitled to know.    No one is required to give out such information.   And if someone gave you a name today,  what would you do with it?

 

What would it tell you?   

 

You think the surgery was botched?   How would you prove it?    Luck found a specialist and had the operation.   It's his personal business.    

 

Sorry...   there's no THERE there.

 

Now if we wake up someday to learn that Luck is suing the doctor THEN you have a story.    But not until then.    That's how this works.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Oh, Dear God....

 

We don't know because we're not entitled to know.    No one is required to give out such information.   And if someone gave you a name today,  what would you do with it?

 

What would it tell you?   

 

You think the surgery was botched?   How would you prove it?    Luck found a specialist and had the operation.   It's his personal business.    

 

Sorry...   there's no THERE there.

 

Now if we wake up someday to learn that Luck is suing the doctor THEN you have a story.    But not until then.    That's how this works.

 

When a high profile athlete has surgery, the doctor is usually named. The guy I posted thought it was fishy as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes...   often the information is released... but not always.     It's a case by case basis.

 

I don't know why it wasn't given out in this case,  but it wasn't.    I accept that at face value because there's no reason not too.

 

The link you provided doesn't tell you much.    A blank look on a persons face may or may not say the person doesn't know.    It may say he knows but can't say.

 

There are HIPPA laws in effect.   That makes it illegal to release that kind of info without Luck's approval.

 

And again,  if Luck released the name tomorrow, what would you do with it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I been keeping it a secret way too long now!!  I did it. Me and Ballard thought we could save Jim some money on his insurance premiums.  hahahaha

 

Don't lie, we all know it was Dr. Kevorkian.  Luck wanted put out of his misery and not have to suffer another season under Pagano and Co.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superman said:

Is anyone prepared to make the argument that Luck's surgery was botched?

 

To the OP's point, it is kind of hard to make that argument if we don't know who performed the surgery. 

 

I am not sure why everyone is beating up the OP for asking this question. In the football world we live in, it seems to be a fair question to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

To the OP's point, it is kind of hard to make that argument if we don't know who performed the surgery. 

 

I am not sure why everyone is beating up the OP for asking this question. In the football world we live in, it seems to be a fair question to me. 

 

It's a fair question to ask.

 

The OP is suggesting that because we don't know the answer, it means something is wrong. It's also suggesting that the media has failed in not finding out the answer.

 

I have a problem with that from several angles, but most obvious, a) we have the right to ask, but we are not entitled to the answer, and b) whoever did the surgery, there's no indication that anything went wrong. Asking a question and then insinuating that the absence of a clear answer is proof of a bigger issue is disingenuous and unfair, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

It's a fair question to ask.

 

The OP is suggesting that because we don't know the answer, it means something is wrong. It's also suggesting that the media has failed in not finding out the answer.

 

I have a problem with that from several angles, but most obvious, a) we have the right to ask, but we are not entitled to the answer, and b) whoever did the surgery, there's no indication that anything went wrong. Asking a question and then insinuating that the absence of a clear answer is proof of a bigger issue is disingenuous and unfair, IMO.

 

I am not saying the OP has a sound conspiracy theory, but asking who the doctor was; that's a legitimate question. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Superman said:

Is anyone prepared to make the argument that Luck's surgery was botched?

There was a local doctor that suggested it on Twitter last week that a couple of local media guys picked up but I think most don’t feel there is any evidence to back it up yet.  I know I don’t think there is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

It doesn't matter.  Many thought it would be nearly a year before he recovered fully, and it is turning out to be more true by the day.  High expectations somehow got in the way.

IMO this is more than likely true. I am not a doctor by no means but everyone who has surgery has different healing time frames.

I say this after my personal surgeries and knowing a few others who has had basically the same and we all had different times in healing. Some never healed completely while some healed and seemed to have no ill effects.

With that said maybe Ballard trading for Bissett when the opportunity become available was to cover all the bases as far as Luck's injury was concerned?

All those who are talking trading Bissett may be too premature in those thoughts because we just are not positive if Luck we ever be 100% the QB he was before getting injured. When Ballard made the statement Brissett was traded for the future may be truer than we anticipated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO this is more than likely true. I am not a doctor by no means but everyone who has surgery has different healing time frames.

I say this after my personal surgeries and knowing a few others who has had basically the same and we all had different times in healing. Some never healed completely while some healed and seemed to have no ill effects.

With that said maybe Ballard trading for Bissett when the opportunity become available was to cover all the bases as far as Luck's injury was concerned?

All those who are talking trading Bissett may be too premature in those thoughts because we just are not positive if Luck we ever be 100% the QB he was before getting injured. When Ballard made the statement Brissett was traded for the future may be truer than we anticipated.

Yeah that could happen.  Luck may never be fully recovered.  But I suspect the fact that he was at least throwing 40 yard passes indicates to me that he will eventually be OK.  The fact that he got sore after not having done that for so long is, to me, perfectly normal.  I am not a doctor either, but I work in healthcare and know enough to know that is to be expected.  It will likely take some time before he is not sore anymore, whenever he starts throwing again.  Luckily, they don't have to decide on Brissett for another 6 months or so.  By then, they should have a better handle on Luck's long-term prognosis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Oh I know. I am talking about performance level if he comes back.    Peters' injury was in March...and he actually tore it twice I think. 
    • Is that to give him an extra day to rip his achilles?!
    • If, for some reason, he can't go, do you think the Colts might have a 'split' contract (amount) on his P5 salary written in?  I expect he will be on the active/PUP pre-season, and very possibly to start the regular season on reserve/PUP list (missing the first 6 games.  But that just me and my expectations.  I want to be more optimistic, but a Mid August return in football shape is way to rosy for me.         I do not trust Rapoport (nor his source) on this projection on Fishers return status. I caution those that do, do not be upset and angry if he isn't 'ready' by mid August.     Keep an eye out for active (summer/training camp) and possibly later, the reserve (reg. season), PUP lists.     Hopefully he can and will be 100%. Will make Colts fans very happy. But mark me down as he might be ready mid-late October, and will be at 75-80%.  Even with a great surgeon, perfect operation, and of the charts rehab, you can't rush biology. IE:, the low blood supply necessary for healing, the muscle atrophy that occurs, etc...   My feeling is he might be end up being 'cleared for full activity' in/by end of July, but it may take as long as another 3 months or more (ask @TomDiggs) of football drills/practice just to get somewhat back into playing shape by 9 months. And I feel that even that may be still too early and could be a contributing reason why football players that do return also have notably decreased performance during the year following their return. Cleared for activity and cleared to play are two totally separate things.   Ran across this, to go with all of the other studies discussed in another { Left Tackle(Leno,Fisher,Okung?)/Sam Tevi at LT (MERGE) }  thread-   “Seventy-eight Achilles tendon ruptures were identified in professional football players during the 2010-2015 NFL seasons. 58% of these injuries occurred during the preseason. Of those that suffered an Achilles tendon rupture, 26% did not ever return to play in the NFL. Players who did return to play in the NFL took an average of 9 months to recover after the date of injury. Across all positions, there was a net decrease in power ratings by 22% and a net decrease in approximate value by 23% over 3 years following player return after Achilles tendon rupture. Across all positions, running backs saw the biggest decrease in production with a 78% decrease over 3 years post-injury in both power ratings and approximate value.”   The fact they signed him gives hope he will contribute, at some point. When and how ell are the questions.            
    • Exactly. If we're talking nationally, it's got to be Moore. If we're talking by Colts fans, it's probably Glow or Pascal I think.
  • Members

    • NodakColt

      NodakColt 26

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PRnum1

      PRnum1 337

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 809

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shasta519

      shasta519 3,067

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • James

      James 394

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 67

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 2,005

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 413

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 4,613

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...