Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

... On The Bright Side, However...

John Waylon

1 hour ago, ricker182 said:

Luck isn't playing until week 17.  

When will the fans realize our owner lied right to our face? 

I told you guys a long time ago that Luck would be out far longer than expected, but nobody wanted to hear it.  I still am doubtful he will back at all, at least as good as he was prior to the surgery.

5 hours ago, sfergson727 said:

I told you guys a long time ago that Luck would be out far longer than expected, but nobody wanted to hear it.  I still am doubtful he will back at all, at least as good as he was prior to the surgery.

You don't have to tell me.  

I thought he'd miss significant time when it was July and the Colts hadn't really given a real update. 

7 hours ago, ricker182 said:

I dont think he lied. I think there was a set back they werent expecting and they got caught off guard.  Otherwise, they'd signed/traded for a quality starting QB much sooner then they did. 

These headings are a JOKE with everyone is a winner. Is it to much for this organization to put a solid D together with the right coaches leading the way? It seems so as has been the case for decades with garbage D and O-line. Hope Donte walks in 18; sick of his me  first after every catch he makes for little gain.

1 hour ago, relkins said:

This season is in the crapper. Our coaches have been fired from other teams,now you see why. Andrew isn't coming back anytime soon. Irsay needs to pull the trigger and fire Pagano now and start over next year. This is ridiculous.

Agree, but Jimmy will not fire anyone in mid-season unlike his dad did a few  times.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

How do you figure they are all better than us? We probably should've won this game on the road with a back up QB a patch work OL while being led by the 3 stooges

If that were true the other teams were just better this would be much easier to deal with. We beat ourselves Moncrief drops a TD and Doyle ends what 4 second half drives himself.  Our coaches don't get Mack more touches and they continue to refuse to play George at ILB. Morrison can't run or cover and Bostic isn't much better. 

This game didn't leave me feeling like the Titans were better than us. We handed them the game by drops and fumbles on O and more terrible play calling and trying the same nonsense at ILB on D.  Our DC is terrible we give up more 3rd and longs and don't even try to put the speec on the field to defend the middle of the field. 

Wow, that is really an uncalled for cheap shot at the Three Stooges. 

I haven't read all of the posts, but are you guys that are blaming Briissett even watching the football game?  This game was lost because the coaches have absolutely no idea what they are doing in the 2nd half.  Every team goes in at halftime and makes adjustments and then comes out in the 2nd half and beats the Colts butts.  Someone up above mentioned it.  They blitzed the crap out of us in the 4th quarter.  Not one screen to slow the blitz down.  Our coaches have absolutely no idea what they are doing.  3 TDS in the 4th quarter by Tennessee is not Brissett's fault.  That is defense/coaching.  Besides that the Colts are really, really bad.  I am sure some of you think they can beat Jacksonville.  They can't.  I am sure some of you think they can beat Houston.  They can't.  Only Cleveland has worse coaches than the Colts and and it looks like SF may as well.  Kyle Shanahan has absolutely no clue what he is doing.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

How do you figure they are all better than us? We probably should've won this game on the road with a back up QB a patch work OL while being led by the 3 stooges. 

If that were true the other teams were just better this would be much easier to deal with. We beat ourselves Moncrief drops a TD and Doyle ends what 4 second half drives himself.  Our coaches don't get Mack more touches and they continue to refuse to play George at ILB. Morrison can't run or cover and Bostic isn't much better. 

This game didn't leave me feeling like the Titans were better than us. We handed them the game by drops and fumbles on O and more terrible play calling and trying the same nonsense at ILB on D.  Our DC is terrible we give up more 3rd and longs and don't even try to put the speec on the field to defend the middle of the field. 

Have you looked at our D's stats we are one of the worst D's in the league guess who 2 of the better ones are Houston and Jacksonvile who cares if we almost beat Tennessee they are the 3rd best team in the division we haven't even played the 2 best 

11 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Are you referring to the defense that is giving up more points than any other defense in the league, ergo, currently the worst defense in the NFL?

The offense is giving most of those points up.  

Either through the 3 and outs or literally giving the other team points on turnovers. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I dont think he lied. I think there was a set back they werent expecting and they got caught off guard.  Otherwise, they'd signed/traded for a quality starting QB much sooner then they did. 

Well the organization is in the record saying there have been no setbacks.  

Don't be fooled. They just wanted to sell tickets.  

It's all about the money.  

Last night's loss along with playing the Jags next week while the Titans play the Browns puts the Colts 3 out with a loss to the Jags. I don't know who heard Steve Young last night but he hinted at something very strange is going on with Luck and the Colts. What was he hinting t? I won't guess. On Mike & Mike this morning Booger did the same thing but has not returned to his comment for further comment. Booger's words were "There's something going on in Indy. I don't think we're getting the straight story."

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I like Brissett. I do. But there is definitely something about him. He just doesn't seem to keep his composure well. When things start getting tense he gets tense and goes "deer in the headlights". He starts looking to run more, probably too much, and he just doesn't respond well. 

He's a young quarterback.   If you think back to Luck in his first and second seasons he had some moments like that too.   But more importantly in my opinion I am wondering why we put so much on this guys plate the second half as if he's some vested veteran.  Take some heat off this dude and make things more easy so that he's not a bullseye target.  If we do more of that and Stop With The Damn Fumbles, Penalties, and Dropped passes we might get some friggin where.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

He's a young quarterback.   If you think back to Luck in his first and second seasons he had some moments like that too.   But more importantly in my opinion I am wondering why we put so much on this guys plate the second half as if he's some vested veteran.  Take some heat off this dude and make things more easy so that he's not a bullseye target.  If we do more of that and Stop With The Damn Fumbles, Penalties, and Dropped passes we might get some friggin where.

You mean doing something like...

Getting Mack more involved?

:hide:

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

The offense is giving most of those points up.  

Either through the 3 and outs or literally giving the other team points on turnovers. 

Both are failing, miserably.  Did you see their effort last night, when they gave up that super long drive for the go ahead TD, or very late when in desperation mode, they needed to stop the run to get the ball back, but instead gave up a running first down and then a long running touchdown?  The defense is indeed put into some tough spots because of an inept offence, but the defense, is basically equally as inept, so far this year, despite some particular areas that seem to have improved.  End of the day, though, they are giving up more points than any other defense.  Not giving up points and making stop when you absolutely need to is the name of the game when it comes to defense.

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Well the organization is in the record saying there have been no setbacks.  

Don't be fooled. They just wanted to sell tickets.  

It's all about the money.  

well, considering they said in january that is was a 9-10 month recovery..... we're in month 9 now.  

10 hours ago, sfergson727 said:

they gave a 9-10 month recovery time back in the winter.  and that was just to get him back into practice

we have not passed 10 months form the surgery yet, and he is starting to practice

13 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I like him too. It just seems as though something about him changes in the second half. That they know what he is looking for

I think it the game plan they put in place....Once they change it up and probably shaking his head and say of crap really

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Are you referring to the defense that is giving up more points than any other defense in the league, ergo, currently the worst defense in the NFL?

This is one of the better defenses he will have if you wonder why they struggle in the second half maybe because they are on the field 20 min of the dark half stop looking at the scoreboard and just being a * pants with luck back he will be able to make plays and keep the O on the field letting the D stay fresh

18 hours ago, ricker182 said:

I'm definitely one to complain about the quality of refereeing in the NFL and I'm wondering why holding is even a rule anymore.  

Almost every play one of our lineman was blatantly held. 

I really thought that long TD pass was coming back there line had multiple players holding just had to laugh when I saw it was on the colts . I guess it's the Jordan rule you get more slack when you are expected to be good . 

14 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

This is one of the better defenses he will have if you wonder why they struggle in the second half maybe because they are on the field 20 min of the dark half stop looking at the scoreboard and just being a * pants with luck back he will be able to make plays and keep the O on the field letting the D stay fresh

I agree they have areas of improvement, but ummm, I cannot stop looking at the scoreboard, for points given up is the ultimate measure.  And by the way, your excuse for the defense is just the same old same old for the previous two years.

Guess what, the 85 Bears, aside from Walter Payton, essentially had a really bad offense.  The defense did not become inept as a result.   

Colts defense flashes potential and has it’s moments, but they still have WAY too many breakdowns and when the tough get going, the Colts D still disappears.  Great Ds thrive, regardless of offense.  Colts D is NOwhere near such a level of prowess.   By points, they are the worst in the NFL.   Fact.

17 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I agree they have area of improvement, but ummm, I cannot stop looking at the scoreboard, for points given up is the ultimate measure.  And by the way, your excuse for the defense is just the same old same old for the previous two years.

Guess what, the 85 Bears, aside from Walter Payton, essentially had a really bad offense.  The defense did not become inept as a result.   

Colts defense flashes snd has it’s moments, but they still have WAy too many breakdowns ad when the tough get going, the Colts D still disappears.  Great Ds thrive, regardless of offense.  Colts D is NOwhere near such a level of prowess.   By points, they are the worst in the NFL.   Fact.

Yup. How long had we said that the HoustonTexans had a great defense but no consistency on offense due to Bad QB play? A good defense doesn’t need excuses. The Colts do not have a good defense.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, ricker182 said:

To be fair, Irsay telling us Andrew would be ready by week 1 was probably better than saying “Luck’s not playing a single snap in 2017, Pagano’s coaching all 16 games, & we’re gonna have a top 3 pick in the draft. Deal with it.”

10 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I agree they have areas of improvement, but ummm, I cannot stop looking at the scoreboard, for points given up is the ultimate measure.  And by the way, your excuse for the defense is just the same old same old for the previous two years.

Colts defense flashes potential and has it’s moments, but they still have WAY too many breakdowns and when the tough get going, the Colts D still disappears.  Great Ds thrive, regardless of offense.  Colts D is NOwhere near such a level of prowess.   By points, they are the worst in the NFL.   Fact.

Nobody here says they are on 85 bears level so slow your roll there pal yes they give up points mainly in the 4th quarter and it isn't an excuse saying if ur on the field alot ur production goes down it's a fact that's why there is an offense and defense one has to help the other and rn this defense can't win us a game but they can keep us in it hoping the offense can make plays keep being negative my friend we have entered the 3rd quarter with the lead in 5 straight games the D works their butts off in the first half and time after time the Offense does nothing the second half screwing over the defense nothing is an excuse it's apart of the game why do you think luck is undefeated when the D holds an opponent to less than 20 points  mainly the offense is rolling and the D doesn't have to make 12 stops in a game to make it close