Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

... On The Bright Side, However...

John Waylon

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Very true, hopefully with Luck we will be more complete. It almost seems like Brissett slows down. I wonder if his tendencies show up to defenses and they can attack that

I like Brissett. I do. But there is definitely something about him. He just doesn't seem to keep his composure well. When things start getting tense he gets tense and goes "deer in the headlights". He starts looking to run more, probably too much, and he just doesn't respond well. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

I like Brissett. I do. But there is definitely something about him. He just doesn't seem to keep his composure well. When things start getting tense he gets tense and goes "deer in the headlights". He starts looking to run more, probably too much, and he just doesn't respond well. 

I like him too. It just seems as though something about him changes in the second half. That they know what he is looking for

Just now, John Waylon said:

No. He probably won't play for some time. 

And he shouldn't. This season is a lost cause, let's just get him healthy. For good. 

If he's healthy he needs to play.  

Plus we're only one game back in the division.  

This is the best defense Andrew will have had in his career.  

A consistent  offense will balance out this defense too.   

That being said, we still do *ic things. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He's young. I'll cut him some slack. 

Just now, ricker182 said:

He's young. I'll cut him some slack. 

Yeah, I hope it's just inexperience, but it's something that has played a role a couple of times now this season. It did against the Cards, the 49ers, and again tonight. When the pressure is on, he gets shy. I don't know how to cure that (nor do I believe our coaching staff does either) but something has to give. 

Seriously though, Pagano needs to be playing the Powerball. He's gotta hit. That guy is luckier than a Golden Horseshoe in a leprechauns rear end siding down a rainbow. 

This guy can go out there week after week after week and crap the bed and STILL have a legitimate excuse. This guy has some major juju going for him. We're always a play or two away, or "if Luck is out there this is a different game" or something. His behind always ends up covered. 

I don't get that from Jacoby. The play calling has changed for both sides in the second half. We don't often win those adjustments. The problem tonight was Doyle he had 2 drops on 3rd down then a fumble and a second near fumble that but us behind the sticks. The guy killed almost every drive. I think Jacoby has to stay in bounds and fight for the first down. Moncrief needs to catch the ball. No of that has to do with Jacoby's presence. The other guys have to do their jobs too. 

Dick LeBeau saved his blitzes for the fourth quarter and never did we run any quick screens to beat the blitzes. I swear, it takes a quarter or half for these coaches to adapt and adjust. Run an RB toss if they’re crashing with run blitzes with blockers, throw fades to Moncrief or Aiken, your tallest wide outs. Once you beat them with enough screen passes and screens, they will slow down. Oh well!!!

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah, I hope it's just inexperience, but it's something that has played a role a couple of times now this season. It did against the Cards, the 49ers, and again tonight. When the pressure is on, he gets shy. I don't know how to cure that (nor do I believe our coaching staff does either) but something has to give. 

I agree and would like to think its due to inexperience. Basically a rookie QB and keeping the Colts in the games. That's all you can ask for out of the backup. I would like to see the Colts RUN the ding dang ball more when up 2 scores. Make an adjustment any type of adjustment cuz the other coaches are and they are shutting him down. Also maybe try Mack at RB in the 2nd half. Sigh. Every game they get outcoached in the 2nd half.

The problem tonight was Doyle he had 2 drops on 3rd down then a fumble and a second near fumble that put us behind the sticks. The guy killed almost every drive. I think Jacoby has to stay in bounds and fight for the first down. Moncrief needs to catch the ball. No of that has to do with Jacoby's presence. 

The play calling changes in the second half. We didn't get Mack involved the entire game and TY didn't see a second half target. I don't see the deer in headlights. He's made mistakes but the moment doesn't look to big not IMO

24 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Is luck playing sunday?

He's already ruled out for next week.

I'm starting to think he won't be back until Week 13 or 14. By that time, he shouldn't even play because we'll be mathematically eliminated.

We’ve only beaten teams with a combined 0-12 record. We’re 1 game out of first in the division today. It will be 2 next week and then you can do the math for the remainder of the schedule.

Let’s enjoy the games this year, and be pleased if we get a win, but more importantly, let’s look forward to next year.

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We’ve only beaten teams with a combined 0-12 record. We’re 1 game out of first in the division today. It will be 2 next week and then you can do the math for the remainder of the schedule.

Let’s enjoy the games this year, and be pleased if we get a win, but more importantly, let’s look forward to next year.

Hell the only reason we are only a game back is cause the division has been beating each other up they are all better then us but we are just now playing division games and guess what we lost shocker 

49 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Awful game no bright side there are no moral victories.

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hell the only reason we are only a game back is cause the division has been beating each other up they are all better then us but we are just now playing division games and guess what we lost shocker 

How do you figure they are all better than us? We probably should've won this game on the road with a back up QB a patch work OL while being led by the 3 stooges. 

If that were true the other teams were just better this would be much easier to deal with. We beat ourselves Moncrief drops a TD and Doyle ends what 4 second half drives himself.  Our coaches don't get Mack more touches and they continue to refuse to play George at ILB. Morrison can't run or cover and Bostic isn't much better. 

This game didn't leave me feeling like the Titans were better than us. We handed them the game by drops and fumbles on O and more terrible play calling and trying the same nonsense at ILB on D.  Our DC is terrible we give up more 3rd and longs and don't even try to put the speec on the field to defend the middle of the field. 

There is nothing wrong with Brissett.  On a quality, reasonably balanced team, he could be a good starting QB in this league.  This team, however, is terrible.  Only a QB like Luck or Manning could win with this team.  People don't appreciate how good Luck is.  

The only bright side tonight, IMO, was John Simon. This game was very infuriating to watch and I found myself watching WWE Wrestling on certain occasions. The 1 game out of 1st place holds no merit. The Texans have obviously found their franchise QB, and their losses to the Chiefs and Pats were close ones that Watson did well in. They have been impressive in every game and are only trending up while we wasted the easy part of our schedule. They may be up by 3 games on us by week 10. The Jags have a solid Defense and Fournette, who has proven he can carry the team to an extent. They may be an 8-8 team at best, but they seem to match up well Vs us, and now they have Fournette at RB, who is a real threat. We used to be able to beat up on the Titans easily, but even they can hang with us now and probably have a better overall team even if Luck is healthy for us.

Face it, we are the underdogs in the division now, and they have caught up to us. Without Luck, we have little to no chance, and even with Luck, it's a dogfight. We need to improve this team everywhere and fast! Before the rest of the division keeps doing the same and is out of our range for good. This doesn't even count the rest of the AFC.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only bright side tonight, IMO, was John Simon. This game was very infuriating to watch and I found myself watching WWE Wrestling on certain occasions. The 1 game out of 1st place holds no merit. The Texans have obviously found their franchise QB, and their losses to the Chiefs and Pats were close ones that Watson did well in. They have been impressive in every game and are only trending up while we wasted the easy part of our schedule. They may be up by 3 games on us by week 10. The Jags have a solid Defense and Fournette, who has proven he can carry the team to an extent. They may be an 8-8 team, but they seem to match up well Vs us, and now they have Fournette at RB, who is a real threat. We used to be able to beat up on the Titans easily, but even they can hang with us now and probably have a better overall team even if Luck is healthy for us.

Face it, we are the underdogs in the division now, and they have caught up to us. Without Luck, we have little to no chance, and even with Luck, it's a dogfight. We need to improve this team everywhere and fast! Before the rest of the division keeps doing the same and is out of our range for good. This doesn't even count the rest of the AFC.

Texans are going to win the Division IMO, without Andrew we have no chance

1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

Is luck playing sunday?

I don’t think anything official has been said yet.  I know Hasselbeck said in the pre-game Show tonight he’s a long way off so take that for what it’s worth.  Other media folks have said maybe this week but the Bengals game is more realistic.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans are going to win the Division IMO, without Andrew we have no chance

Yep, DeShaun Watson is playing like 2014 Luck, and we need Luck back doing the same to compete. They are very dangerous unfortunately. Probably the worst team that could of gotten Watson, did.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

No. He probably won't play for some time. 

And he shouldn't. This season is a lost cause, let's just get him healthy. For good. 

I am sure that’s what they are doing but there comes a point when one can’t get anymore healthy.  When that happens he will play regardless of the record.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Watson is Good, sad about JJ but they still have a great Defense oddly without him.

Very sad about JJ. Great player and quality human being. The thing about the defense still being great is that Watt was having a bad year up to the point where he was out this year. He really wasn't contributing much, probably due to the fact that he was playing hurt. I think the Whitney Mercilus injury will hurt them much more for this year. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure that’s what they are doing but there comes a point when one can’t get anymore healthy.  When that happens he will play regardless of the record.

Week 10 is probably a safe guess when he will return. Give or take a week or two. The worse we do, the less likely he returns sooner IMO. If we beat Jax next week, then I see a small possibility he returns the next game to try and salvage the season.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Very sad about JJ. Great player and quality human being. The thing about the defense still being great is that Watt was having a bad year up to the point where he was out this year. He really wasn't contributing much, probably due to the fact that he was playing hurt. I think the Whitney Mercilus injury will hurt them much more for this year. 

Yeah the Mercilus injury is bad too. I still think they win the Division now that I see Watson is the real deal and we don't have Luck

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Mercilus injury is bad too. I still think they win the Division now that I see Watson is the real deal and we don't have Luck

Same, with Watson playing out of his mind, I think the bar for winning the division is at 10 or 11 wins. His play is just too good to do worse IMO after seeing what he has done and seeing they are done with the top teams already. Don't think we can keep up with Brissett. We are playing for a wildcard at best IMO, and even that seems way out of reach.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Same, with Watson playing out of his mind, I think the bar for winning the division is at 10 or 11 wins. His play is just too good to do worse IMO after seeing what he has done and seeing they are done with the top teams already. Don't think we can keep up with Brissett. We are playing for a wildcard at best IMO, and even that seems way out of reach.

I think Houston wins 10