Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Monday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Colts fans,

The plan was to punt so Simon would not have as far to run. Need to keep his energy level high.

Also, to keep the game interesting, we thought  it might be a good idea to miss the extra point. 

So far halftime adjustments are going as planned. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Why would you compare a professional GM to a fan on the internet, then say you'll take the GM?     Seems like an odd way to contribute to a thread.   Said it for a reason other than to contribute maybe?   What is that reason?
    • I’m going to go out on a limb and say the positions you value may not be in line with the positions Chris Ballard values.   I’ll go with Ballard and take my chances.... 
    • This is as close to reading things that I have been saying for some time now.    WR, DB, PR are significant to the passing game, and we lack depth and probably top tier talent in those corps and have for years, extending into mid-Grigson tenure.   They are also EXPENSIVE positions.  Positional value matters.  While individual picks like Kelly and Nelson are great, and throw in a FS in between, back to back to back first round picks that repeatedly ignore positional value is going to leave a team short in the expensive positions down the road.  With TY slowing, we are there now. And we still need an expensive LT soon.    Having all-pro players is always nice, but investing capital in all pro players in low-ish value positions makes it more difficult to find enough capital to accumulate higher value positions.  And now we need our 4th round QB to probably play above his draft position to avoid having to draft another QB high.   I think Ballard got a win with Buckner, and got good value with getting a 3 down RB (my projection) in Taylor and a competent #2 WR (my projection) in Pittman.  But he's going to have to allocate first round drat picks for a #1WR, a LT ,and a threatening DE over the next three years to make up for the Colts investing multiple first round picks in low value positions a few years ago.   And yes, the first 2 or 3 years Vontae Davis was here he basically played man and shut down the other teams #1WR.  That was a big deal that is missed very much.
    • Peyton has as many as Shula and Polian has one less in terms of wins and appearances in the Super Bowl.  You might not think they are football geniuses but you would be in the very small minority of those that don’t.
  • Members