Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Martavis Bryant requesting a trade out of Pittsburgh per Rappaport

richard pallo

On 10/29/2017 at 8:27 AM, NFLfan said:

Ian Rappoport said the Pats are interested in Bryant. 

I would be completely shocked if the Steelers trade him to NE. They would sit him or suspend him before they'd trade him to another team in the same conference. Unless the Patriots make it an incredible offer, which again I can't see happening. One more strike and this guy's out of the league right? 

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Why not.....smh....I would think a team like Seattle or Buffalo...heck even Cleveland...honestly if I thought he would just shut up and play and stay out of trouble I'd trade Davis for him...but if he is discontent in Pittsburgh he wouldn't last in this train wreck....but you would think he is the type of player (attributes wise) that Ballard was going for when he brought in Aiken.

I would not trade for him. I don't like malcontents. In addition, he has been suspended by the league for substance use. Too much of a headache. 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

I would be completely shocked if the Steelers trade him to NE. They would sit him or suspend him before they'd trade him to another team in the same conference. Unless the Patriots make it an incredible offer, which again I can't see happening. One more strike and this guy's out of the league right? 

You're probably right. But, were you shocked when the Colts made trades with the Patriots this past off-season?

For the Steelers, getting rid of Bryant is addition by subtraction. The guy is a headache. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I would not trade for him. I don't like malcontents. In addition, he has been suspended by the league for substance use. Too much of a headache. 

I heard deangelo Williams say the other day that he talks to Bryant and is very upset he has spent the past two years getting over his weed issues and sitting out and doing all the things the nfl asked to get reinstated only to be past over on the depth chart when he knows he is a superior player. I could see where he is coming from...to put all that work in to simply not be ussd..pretty frustrating. Perhaps after all that he just wants to play...why not trade him? He may have a small point and at this point Davis is gone anyways maybe he is worth a flier.