Colts Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6-6 at Half, poor Chuck cant do anything right. He does what every Coach does which is freeze the Kicker but when he does it Gould misses haha 

Well that's 50/50.  I've also seen him freeze a kicker and have it work earlier this season.  As much as I want Chuck gone, I'm not going to ride on him for that one. 

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Curious, what do the stats show about "freezing" the kicker?

My opinion is that you should not give the kicker 2 attempts at a field goal. Even if the first one doesn't count, he can make adjustments on the second kick.

This is why I have always disagreed with the people that say that the rule should be changed to prevent icing the kicker.  It is not an advantage either way.  It's a 50-50 crap shoot.  If the coach wants to play that game, fine.  If you're a good kicker, you just treat the first one as a practice kick.

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well that's 50/50.  I've also seen him freeze a kicker and have it work earlier this season.  As much as I want Chuck gone, I'm not going to ride on him for that one. 

I actually was defending Chuck for the freeze because every Coach does it. I was just mocking the fact it backfired out of sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

6-6...So was that our one good half or bad half of football? :thinking:

haha Well historically they start out slow in the Pagano era, but this year it has been the opposite.  Sloppy second half football so I guess we are in for a real treat!!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts are so boring to watch without Luck but I am diehard fan so will watch anyway hoping for wins but that first Half was Toilet Bowl material.

Well at least they have somewhat of an excuse right now.  If they continue look like this when Luck first gets back (due to rust ) the no Luck excuses will ring hollow.