Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, CF4L said:

 

 

I never said he had bad feelings towards the Colts fans but he's not going to forget being tossed aside either.  I just don't think he has this great love for the Colts or Broncos that he does for the Vols. Not even close. 

 

I don't get why you're surprised he is saying all these nice things about the Colts publically at least of course he is someone as image conscious as he is. He also says nice things about Denver too. 

 

Would look really ungrateful if he said anything else if they are going to give you a statute and retire your number. I think he's okay with Irsay from a personal standpoint doesn't mean he wants to comeback and work for the Colts again either.

 

Its a nice walk down memory lane nothing more.

 

 

Do you know Manning personally? If not how do you know what he thinks?

Just maybe he values all his playing days the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you know Manning personally? If not how do you know what he thinks?

Just maybe he values all his playing days the same?

 

I'm sure each place has a special meaning to him as they were a part of his football life but its pretty obvious to anyone who he chooses to identify with the most. The Vols.

 

I don't think its a coincidence he chose the weekend they have the bye week (as do the Broncos) to have this event. Donates to the school, goes to a ton of their games and wears a ton of that awful shade of orange whenever he chooses too. He reps that school hardcore.

 

And he hasn't played for them in 20 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CF4L said:

 

 

I never said he had bad feelings towards the Colts fans but he's not going to forget being tossed aside either.  I just don't think he has this great love for the Colts or Broncos that he does for the Vols. Not even close. 

 

I don't get why you're surprised he is saying all these nice things about the Colts publically at least of course he is someone as image conscious as he is. He also says nice things about Denver too. 

 

Would look really ungrateful if he said anything else if they are going to give you a statute and retire your number. I think he's okay with Irsay from a personal standpoint doesn't mean he wants to comeback and work for the Colts again either.

 

Its a nice walk down memory lane nothing more.

 

 

He said he will always be a Colt, he would never say that if he didn't feel that. What else more do you want. Of course he isn't going to say anything negative but he didn't have to say that either. Anyway Great win today and great weekend honoring our Hall of Fame QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He said he will always be a Colt, he would never say that if he didn't feel that. What else more do you want. Of course he isn't going to say anything negative but he didn't have to say that either. Anyway Great win today and great weekend honoring our Hall of Fame QB.

Yes he does because he's image conscious.

 

He has also said the same about Denver and Tennessee he claims them all because they all meant something to him. Doesn't really mean that he just only cares about the Colts.

 

And that's okay too. 

 

But I don't see this leading to him running the Colts in the future either like others have speculated either. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, will426 said:

His legs have taken a beating today 

Yeah they have.... his feet looks like they are glued to the carpet.  We won though so good enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Yes he does because he's image conscious.

 

He has also said the same about Denver and Tennessee he claims them all because they all meant something to him. Doesn't really mean that he just only cares about the Colts.

 

And that's okay too. 

 

But I don't see this leading to him running the Colts in the future either like others have speculated either. 

 

 

I never said he would come back here, that might not even be a good idea but he loves Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not read this whole thread so if I am doubling any comments my apologies.

 

Our defense looked really tired in the middle of the third and through the fourth.  In fact, our offense, including JB, loaded worn down too during that period of time.

 

Lastly, I am really glad we won the game, but I sure do question some of the play calling and even some of the management by the staff.

 

The punt thing-a-ma-jig was, well another clown show.  

 

Later, when Mack was in his groove, he was sitting out.  I don't understand.  Once a back is getting vision and having success why sit him?  He cooled off and wasn't as effective.... 

 

We won so it really doesn't matter now but those are the type of things that cost us games when we are competitive with a better team.  Even if our roster improves those sort of decisions will lose games for us.  

 

Not bashing Chuck, just pointing out what I saw and what I think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said he would come back here, that might not even be a good idea but he loves Indy

 

Maybe not you but many others have made that leap and yet if Glazer is to be believed he's considering 3 other teams not named the Colts. 

 

I personally don't see that happening either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CF4L said:

 

Maybe not you but many others have made that leap and yet if Glazer is to be believed he's considering 3 other teams not named the Colts. 

 

I personally don't see that happening either.

I don't see it either and I am ok with it. If Peyton failed here he would get trolled big timed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a large part of why I hope it never happens. 

 

That and he has no experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CF4L said:

That's a large part of why I hope it never happens. 

 

That and he has no experience.

it wont happen. jmo. I think if does anything he may go back to Tennessee and Coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CF4L said:

 

I'm sure each place has a special meaning to him as they were a part of his football life but its pretty obvious to anyone who he chooses to identify with the most. The Vols.

 

I don't think its a coincidence he chose the weekend they have the bye week (as do the Broncos) to have this event. Donates to the school, goes to a ton of their games and wears a ton of that awful shade of orange whenever he chooses too. He reps that school hardcore.

 

And he hasn't played for them in 20 years. 

What difference does it make? To the fandom of the teams he played for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What happened to Scotland

Scotland were playing Slovenia tonight and had to win to progress into the play offs for the soccer world cup next year, the last time we were in World cup was in 1998 so the country was full of anticipation, it was in our hands and (as usual) we blew it, 1-0 up we went 2-1 down before finally drawing 2-2 thus being eliminated on goal difference.

Typical Scotland, we find new ways of being "glorious failures" each tournament.

At leasr the Colts won (eventually).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I with you, brother, but don't be dragging Dennis Eckersley into it... He'd have closed this game out in regulation. :spit:

Hi Carlos, May be a transatlantic miscommunication, I have no idea of who Dennis Eckersley is and apologies if he is a Colts legend,,,, in Scotland "by eck" is a more polite way of saying for f*** sake, a phrase I would never use on a forum such as this.

Apologies for any confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice, did TJ Green play today? Or, is he hurt... just curious

 

If he did, he sure wasn't an impact player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

What difference does it make? To the fandom of the teams he played for?

 

Ideally it shouldn't.

 

However, sports Fans aren't rational about this sort of thing. I mean you have some people in this fanbase that were upset he didn't retire a Colt despite the fact they dumped him.

 

Not exactly rational.

 

I just accept when someone plays for multiple teams and has a significant role on each of them I just don't dismiss the possibility he cares about each of them for different reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CF4L said:

 

Ideally it shouldn't.

 

However, sports Fans aren't rational about this sort of thing. I mean you have some people in this fanbase that were upset he didn't retire a Colt despite the fact they dumped him.

 

Not exactly rational.

 

I just accept when someone plays for multiple teams and has a significant role on each of them I just don't dismiss the possibility he cares about each of them for different reasons. 

A player cant retire any team, when you go into the Hall of Fame you just go in but him saying he would always be a Colt was enough for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A player cant retire any team, when you go into the Hall of Fame you just go in but him saying he would always be a Colt was enough for me

 

I guess you forgot Irsay asking Manning to sign a one day contract to retire a Colt he chose not to. Now many say it was because of him technically being under contract with the Broncos. However the Broncos wouldn't have kept him from retiring a Colt if that was what he really wanted to do. 

 

In the HOF you're right it doesn't matter both teams will be acknowledged as they should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

 

I guess you forgot Irsay asking Manning to sign a one day contract to retire a Colt he chose not to. Now many say it was because of him technically being under contract with the Broncos. However the Broncos wouldn't have kept him from retiring a Colt if that was what he really wanted to do. 

 

In the HOF you're right it doesn't matter both teams will be acknowledged as they should be.

It's all good but when you go into the HOFfame you just go in, not under 1 team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CF4L said:

 

I guess you forgot Irsay asking Manning to sign a one day contract to retire a Colt he chose not to. Now many say it was because of him technically being under contract with the Broncos. However the Broncos wouldn't have kept him from retiring a Colt if that was what he really wanted to do. 

 

In the HOF you're right it doesn't matter both teams will be acknowledged as they should be.

If you don't think Elway wouldn't have a problem you don't know him too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Jax is also in win now mode..... Colts are not
    • I stand corrected he is 28.  My point was that he could have brougth some situational football here as far as a runner.  I do like the young running back that are here and wasn't expecting Hyde to come in here and be the man or something but to me the Colts are missing that little element that they had with Frank Gore.  Teams had to respect that the Colts just might just try to run to ball  inside the ten yard line.  
    • Seriously... Watch this. And when they focus on just the 2 boys, mute the video and read the op. Syncs up almost too perfectly     
    • Oh, on that we agree, just stating the facts, not saying I support him on it.  lol
    • OG is becoming a much more demanding, athletically speaking, position than it was in the past.  The OG of your Alan Ameche Days, most likely could not play OG in today's NFL.  The league is recognizing this, and premium OG's are beginning to be paid accordingly.  The OL is vastly improved this year by most all metrics, enjoy it, their ability to keep Luck upright, aided by the new offense or not, and open running lanes, makes the hypothetical need for Darnold, or any of your other desired high draft pick QB's, just that, hypothetical.  Enjoy the season, and the fact that you got to see some awesome Football 60 years ago, That era would have been a blast to watch live.
  • Members