Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Adam Vinitieri, the oldest player in the NFL, kicks the 51-yard field goal game winner!   His 27th game winner in his career! And the Colts win, the way we want to see this.  A climax for a weekend where Peyton is honored with his bronze statue outside LOS!   The way this game should be!  :cheer:  :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :cheer:

GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock: :coltslogo::1colts::cheer:

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Some fans will be happy with the win, because it's a win. Others will look at this and see that it's a problem. I'm happy for the win, but not how we won.

Yep, it's a much needed win, but it doesn't leave me feeling very good about the future of the season.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tell me about it, that actually ended up being a great game once both teams started to score. I couldn't even watch the OT, I thought we would lose.

Ot was just like the reg. time...slow start from both teams, a terrible INT by JB, a 3&out from SF, then a drive what we put together somehow...honestly I hadn't give a cent for that we could get into FG range... Then Marlon Mack got us there with a 35 yds run and AV nailed it from 51 yard.

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Some fans will be happy with the win, because it's a win. Others will look at this and see that it's a problem. I'm happy for the win, but not how we won.

Once again, we let the other team back into a game that we were winning by double digits.

Exactly great post 

ON a more serious note...One of the worst injuries I have witnessed on TV in recent history happened to Odell Beckham.....Even the Charger players immediately seemed distressed by it. Bob Pappa ( Giants radio play by play guy ) wondered if all the players on the field heard something snap ?

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Once again, we let the other team back into a game that we were winning by double digits.

We should be used to that by now tho so why not just celebrate and get a refill on our heart meds and keeping bleeding blue!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think most of us had the Colts 2-3 after 5 game if Andrew was unavailable so here we are right at expectation. I was hoping for 3-2 but I always think Positive.

the good news that we are 2:3 without Luck, the bad news that Luck isn't ready next week on our first conference game...We need to win there. It will be the Titans, if I'm right.

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

ON a more serious note...One of the worst injuries I have witnessed on TV in recent history happened to Odell Beckham.....Even the Charger players immediately seemed distressed by it. Bob Pappa ( Giants radio play by play guy ) wondered if all the players on the field heard something snap ?

That was a nasty looking injury. He looked to be in serious distress getting carted off the field.

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

the good news that we are 2:3 without Luck, the bad news that Luck isn't ready next week on our first conference game...We need to win there. It will be the Titans, if I'm right.

I'm not worried about hanging with the titans the only thing that worries me is the titans will take advantage if we let them stay in the game if we don't come out hot and stay hot and win by 40 i won't be confident we will win until triples zeros

1 minute ago, lance_m8 said:

I'm not worried about hanging with the titans the only thing that worries me is the titans will take advantage if we let them stay in the game if we don't come out hot and stay hot and win by 40 i won't be confident we will win until triples zeros

Unless Mariota makes a miraculous recovery it will be Cassel or Weeden starting

Apparently he's going to go into Surgery(Odell) might as well its a lost season for the Giants.

They will probably draft Eli's replacement.

Good win Colts I figured this was going to be close. They could extend the streak to two next week with the Titans.

I don't think the Jags game will be an easy out though.

27 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

After  Scotland bring put out of world cup earlier tonight, I thought I would cheer myself up by checking in with the colts.

I should have known better.

As my wife has just said t me "Why cant we support good teams".

Still in there for the win however, but by eck we are making it difficult for oursrelves

I with you, brother, but don't be dragging Dennis Eckersley into it... He'd have closed this game out in regulation. :spit:

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton hugging Irsay and shouted - "I will always be a Colt" so to the people that say he has bad feelings toward us or toward Irsay, you are wrong. Great win today on Peyton day! We are still alive, just need to get #12 healthy. Bressitt is a solid backup but we need #12 to beat the Good teams.

I never said he had bad feelings towards the Colts fans but he's not going to forget being tossed aside either.  I just don't think he has this great love for the Colts or Broncos that he does for the Vols. Not even close. 

I don't get why you're surprised he is saying all these nice things about the Colts publically at least of course he is someone as image conscious as he is. He also says nice things about Denver too. 

Would look really ungrateful if he said anything else if they are going to give you a statute and retire your number. I think he's okay with Irsay from a personal standpoint doesn't mean he wants to comeback and work for the Colts again either.

Its a nice walk down memory lane nothing more.