Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• But being a backyard baller is why he wins.  Those are the plays that lead to KCs wins, and that's why he is looked at as being the best QB in the NFL right now.   Simms on PFT made an interesting comment this morning about Mahomes scramble.  He broke a couple of tcakles near the goal line because defenders were going for the ball instead of bringing him down.  Simms said that the D should have tackled him to at least see if KC could score within the 5 yard line.  "Seeing if they could score within the 5 yard line" I thought was an interesting way to describe KCs O against the TEN D.
    • Moving out of his pocket is his strength, which is why Belichick brought the pressure in the A-gaps last year with a DB spy to keep him contained. So, he was shut down in the first half of the 2018 season AFCCG. His OL was manhandled the first half. The second half, Mahomes' agility was still there but he realized all the extra resources Belichick devoted led to his RBs left wide open in the flat constantly and he started hitting his RBs in stride for checkdowns and wheel routes instead of looking down field and the comeback happened to force OT.   In our Colts game, Mahomes' ankle was rolled upon by his OL and took away his biggest strengths. So, no, he cannot beat you consistently without his ability to move outside the pocket. It is like asking Peyton or Brady to make plays outside the pocket to beat you. A bad ankle would not affect Peyton or Brady's ability to beat you but for Mahomes, he needs his full mobility to win because that is his game. I expect the 49ers to do the same, bring pressure down the middle and not lose containment for most of the game.   The unsung heroes for the Chiefs, much like Brady's SB runs, are the OL guys, IMO, that have kept him upright. That is the #1 match up the 49ers have to win, their DL vs the Chiefs OL, and I think they will, over 60 minutes.
    • I can't see us trading back if an elite graded player is available, but the right offer could do it.  CB will attempt fixing our interior DL and he won't wait for the draft to do it.   
    • Any interest in this guy? Kind of looks like a gadget type player but man, can he catch the football in traffic. 
    • So this is from Todd McShay on ESPN+ about what to watch for the 6 QBs at the Senior Bowl.  Thought it was interesting write up for each.  I highlighted the ones that seem to be discussed the most on the forum.   McShay: What to watch for from the six quarterbacks Even without Joe Burrow, this is a talented senior quarterback group heading to Mobile. Justin Herbert headlines the signal-caller roster as a potential early first-rounder, but the class also includes College Football Playoff semifinalist Jalen Hurts and Pac-12 record-holder in passing yards in a season Anthony Gordon. Here's what I want to see from each QB this week.   Justin Herbert, Oregon Team: South | QB ranking: 3 Quite simply, Herbert is the best quarterback on the field at the Senior Bowl -- and he has to look the part. I'm watching for him to dominate after throwing for 3,471 yards and 32 touchdowns this season. The best players always find a way to stand out by the end of the week, and the 6-foot-6 quarterback needs to separate himself from the pack. Show off the big arm. Make some plays with that mobility. And find some rhythm and consistency throughout the week. Herbert has to make a statement.   Jordan Love, Utah State Team: North | QB ranking: 6 Editor's Picks 2020 NFL draft underclassmen declarations: Tracking the full list McShay's NFL top 32 draft rankings: Which prospects rose during bowl season? 2020 NFL draft order: Top 30 picks set, with Bengals and Redskins at the top Can he handle the big stage? The fourth-year junior still needs some work processing in the pocket, and that shows up on the stat sheet: Love threw 17 interceptions this season. He has 6-foot-4 size, a live arm and the ability to extend plays with his legs. But while he had a decent showing in a losing effort at the Frisco Bowl (317 yards and three touchdowns), he has struggled most of the season in the spotlight, completing just 54.5% of his passes against a pair of ranked teams and throwing four interceptions to just one TD in those games. Love has to find composure amid national attention this week.   Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma Team: South | QB ranking: 9 I'll have a close eye on Hurts' accuracy this week. There's a lot of arm strength and athleticism in his game, but he relied on Lincoln Riley's offensive scheme to spring open receivers and mask some accuracy issues at Oklahoma. Even then, Hurts missed his share of open targets -- just watch the tape from the semifinal against LSU, in which he went 15-of-31 passing. Scouts will be watching how he hits his marks this week, especially when throwing into tight windows. Additionally, his pocket poise will be key at the Senior Bowl workouts. Hurts is early to bail out often, and he really needs to speed up his processing and delivery. He accounted for 53 touchdowns this season, but how well he stands tall in the pocket and gets the ball out will be important to his NFL success.   Shea Patterson, Michigan Team: North | QB ranking: 16 Similar to Hurts, we need to see consistent accuracy from Patterson. The Ole Miss transfer has good arm strength and mobility, and he does a pretty decent job hitting his targets in the short-to-intermediate range. But he will throw off his back foot at times and falls off too many throws. And he is very erratic when throwing downfield. He completed 56.2% of his passes this season, which ranked outside the top 100 in the FBS, and that number dropped to 42.1% when throwing at least 15 yards downfield.   Anthony Gordon, Washington State Team: North | QB ranking: 8 The numbers on Gordon's season were eye-popping, closing the year with 5,579 passing yards and 48 touchdowns through the air. Both ranked second in the country to Burrow. The Washington State QB anticipates well on his throws, but does he have enough arm strength? Only 11 of his 493 completions came on throws at least 25 yards downfield.   Steven Montez, Colorado Team: South | QB ranking: 13 Montez needs to show he can be on time as a dropback passer. He tallied 2,808 yards for Colorado this season, but he still needs a lot of work with his footwork on drops. I'll be looking at how well he stays in sync with his wide receivers on timing drops this week.
  • Members