Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LIVE thread: Peyton Manning statue unveiling

MTC

What a great weekend it is Colts fans!

I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the whole ceremony with this thread. 

From Colts.com:

Speakers include: Chris Hagan (Welcome and introductions), Joe Hogsett (Mayor of Indianapolis), Mitch Daniels (President of Purdue University and former Governor of Indiana), Bill Polian (ESPN Analyst and former Indianapolis Colts President/Vice Chairman), Tony Dungy (Analyst for NBC's Football Night in America and former Indianapolis Colts Head Coach), Jeff Saturday (ESPN Analyst and former Indianapolis Colts Center), Roger Goodell (Commissioner of the NFL), a special guest, Jim Irsay (Owner & CEO of the Indianapolis Colts) and Peyton Manning.

STREAM IT LIVE ON:

Colts.com - Desktop or mobile

Colts Mobile app - Available in the App Store and Google Play

Colts Facebook page - Facebook.com/Colts

•  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the ceremony. What a wonderful job everyone did. I am so glad I got a chance to see this. Peyton ended the ceremony by throwing several footballs into the crowd. Sure wish I could have been there to catch one of those beauties. He can still throw the long ball. Also, Jeff Saturday looks like he could suit up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

So from the few pics it appears that the artist was able to get a relatively good likeness! That's good after seeing the Cristiano Ronaldo sculpture.

It's hard to see the face behind the face mask, but based on the screenshots I'm seeing, if the statue wasn't wearing a blue #18 jersey, I would have no way of knowing it's Peyton. What is it with statues that makes it so hard to capture someone's face? Yes, not only was the Ronaldo statue a problem, but remember the horrid Lucille Ball statue?

A nice symbolic gesture, nonetheless.

48 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

It's hard to see the face behind the face mask, but based on the screenshots I'm seeing, if the statue wasn't wearing a blue #18 jersey, I would have no way of knowing it's Peyton. What is it with statues that makes it so hard to capture someone's face? Yes, not only was the Ronaldo statue a problem, but remember the horrid Lucille Ball statue?

It's actually me, Irsay has every one fooled :sarcasm:

Watched it on my phone (Colts app). I lost track of time... so happy the app notification went off and kept me from missing it! The Peyton era was a great emotional ride (and rise) for Colts fans! An all time great :coltshelmet:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Peyton mentioned he asked the sculptor to give him a smaller forehead & a shorter neck. Maybe this hurts the authenticity?  :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Watched it on my phone (Colts app). I lost track of time... so happy the app notification went off and kept me from missing it! The Peyton era was a great emotional ride (and rise) for Colts fans! An all time great :coltshelmet:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an era that wont be matched and people need to realize it wont. We were so spoiled! The Luck era can be great too but we are not going 109-35 in an 9 year span and winning more than won 1 SB. I think Luck can win a SB but we need a Defense that can be consistently good every week to do so and an O.Line that gives him time to throw.

What everyone said today is true.   Downtown Indy was a terrible place 20 years ago.      The manning  led colts did change that.   Like Letterman said,   Indy was like a minimum security  prison with a race track.     It wasn't a destination for anyone.    Look  at it now.   Obviously peyton didn't do that on his own,   but without him it doesn't happen