Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Blowout losses and one thing remains true

ColtsBlitz

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We are only one game behind with no divisional losses. 

True, but the Texans now have their QB, so it's just gotten a lot harder. I know Tenn is doing bad, but Jax is doing somewhat decent as well. I honestly have no confidence right now we can beat the Texans, even with Luck back. Watson gives them the QB they've been lacking for years. Will he be great, it remains to be seen, but the 3 games Watson has been in has to concern even the most optimistic fan. Took the Pats to the limit and scored 57 points on the Titans. A rookie QB in his first 3 games shouldn't be doing that. As far as Jax and Tenn go, I'll believe they are contenders when I see it, but the Texans are the top dogs now IMO with the QB and the top defense.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

True, but the Texans now have their QB, so it's just gotten a lot harder. I know Tenn is doing bad, but Jax is doing somewhat decent as well. I honestly have no confidence right now we can beat the Texans, even with Luck back.

I agree our division games will be rough, no longer easy wins, but I think with Andrew back, we win games against our division. 28 points have been given to opponents because of our offense. Take those away and plug Luck into the game vs the Rams and Seattle and maybe we pull out a win, maybe we don't. We are

1-3 with the most upside than any other team in the NFL because of the pieces we are missing. We were beating one of the best defenses with a guard at center and a backup QB with limited playbook experience. Defense still figuring it out, but I'm pretty sure Davis won't return next year. 

The Texans defense is good, but I think the Jaguars is still the best. Not sure of the exact numbers, but both are hard to beat. 

The Patriots aren't what they were last year defensively. Texans stuck with it, but Carolina won yesterday and Cam has been anything but spectacular. 

Still optimistic for the rest of the season as once Luck returns, I think we'll take 3 wins in a row at some point. 

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I agree our division games will be rough, no longer easy wins, but I think with Andrew back, we win games against our division. 28 points have been given to opponents because of our offense. Take those away and plug Luck into the game vs the Rams and Seattle and maybe we pull out a win, maybe we don't. We are

1-3 with the most upside than any other team in the NFL because of the pieces we are missing. We were beating one of the best defenses with a guard at center and a backup QB with limited playbook experience. Defense still figuring it out, but I'm pretty sure Davis won't return next year. 

The Texans defense is good, but I think the Jaguars is still the best. Not sure of the exact numbers, but both are hard to beat. 

The Patriots aren't what they were last year defensively. Texans stuck with it, but Carolina won yesterday and Cam has been anything but spectacular. 

Still optimistic for the rest of the season as once Luck returns, I think we'll take 3 wins in a row at some point. 

Our defense is better than it has been at any point since 2012 when Grigson took over, and that's a testament to Ballard considering we had to completely rebuild the defense again. I guess when you see a game (Texans), and then see the Colts play for the first time all year on TV, you overreact a bit. This year, we may win some late games with Luck, but I think the Texans have passed us by for now. We're going to need another draft to be competitive as well as a healthy Luck. Luckily, it should be possible as some of our guys are stepping up, and the others were hurt (which is better than poor performance IMO). Hopefully Wilson and Mack come back next week, and we can take another step forward as we continue to rebuild and improve the team. Can't wait to see the effect Luck has on the team when he returns.

1 minute ago, coltsorioles said:

In 2 weeks the Colts will be playing for 1st place at Tennessee with Andrew Luck

We may be playing for 1st place in two weeks, but it won't be with Luck. He hasn't started practicing yet, and it'll take around a month to return once he does. He'll return around the middle of the season most likely.

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

True, but the Texans now have their QB, so it's just gotten a lot harder. I know Tenn is doing bad, but Jax is doing somewhat decent as well. I honestly have no confidence right now we can beat the Texans, even with Luck back. Watson gives them the QB they've been lacking for years. Will he be great, it remains to be seen, but the 3 games Watson has been in has to concern even the most optimistic fan. Took the Pats to the limit and scored 57 points on the Titans. A rookie QB in his first 3 games shouldn't be doing that. As far as Jax and Tenn go, I'll believe they are contenders when I see it, but the Texans are the top dogs now IMO with the QB and the top defense.

Lets not make Watson Tom Brady yet.... 

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Lets not make Watson Tom Brady yet.... 

Oh I'm not, but I think he's done well enough where we have to take notice. I hope he's not as good as he's doing, but the possibility is there that the Texans found their guy, and at this point, it is fair to acknowledge that, even though we are Colts fans and hate the Texans.

We may be playing for 1st place in two weeks, but it won't be with Luck. He hasn't started practicing yet, and it'll take around a month to return once he does. He'll return around the middle of the season most likely.

When Luck returns expect to lose a game or two because will be rusty. 

Truth be told, it's the Texans division title to lose. The Jags have Bortles, the Titans are now watching Mariota anxiously with apparent hamstring issues, and we of course have no Luck... 

If we or the Jags somehow win the division this year, good for us, but that would also show how inept this division possibly is. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

People keep repeating this as if it's dogma, which is something I don't understand.  Luck has been in this offense for 6 years.  Brissett started a game after two weeks on the team.  If Luck is physically able to do it, if he's physically able to practice and play, why couldn't he play in two weeks?  If he's not physically able to do it, he wouldn't be practicing.

Now, if they are going to hold him out because the team is going nowhere and Chuck is a lame duck coach, etc., then that's a different story.  

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh I'm not, but I think he's done well enough where we have to take notice. I hope he's not as good as he's doing, but the possibility is there that the Texans found their guy, and at this point, it is fair to acknowledge that, even though we are Colts fans and hate the Texans.

meh i could be wrong but hes probably a one season wonder..:peek:

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

Nobody, even here, will admit it, but Tom Brady cannot do the crazy stuff that Watson is doing.  But that's another thread.

I haven't seen Watson yet. I'll check his highlights out.

As far as brady is concerned, there are lots of qb's around that brady cant match. That's why he Dinks & Dunks.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It won't take Andrew a month from when he starts practicing to his first game

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

just be glad jax don't have a QB or they would be contenders 

4 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

In 2 weeks the Colts will be playing for 1st place at Tennessee with Andrew Luck

If he practices this week then I can see him playing at Tennessee.  It won't take him more than a few weeks.  He has been throwing trying to get stronger.  If he's ready to practice it won't take a veteran like Luck too long to be ready for Tennessee.   He knows the playbook and it's all about getting the timing down.  He will be rusty but he will be head and shoulders better than Brissett even playing rusty. 

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

When Luck returns expect to lose a game or two because will be rusty. 

no!  i refuse to.  I expect to win out when he returns. 

and by the by.  i love your quote.  i have 3 kids and say it to them all the time.  so good. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Id try to get cousins this off-season I'd ideas them they would be scary good 

Yep, I know he may go to the 49ers, but Jax would be very ideal if they could sign him. He'd have a very good RB and elite defense around him. Would do wonders for them.

Yep, I know he may go to the 49ers, but Jax would be very ideal if they could sign him. He'd have a very good RB and elite defense around him. Would do wonders for them.

Yep they could get back robinson and grab another good WR via draft or FA and be set to contend 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We were lucky to beat the winless Browns 

We should've put 50 on the browns its not our fault the coaches call run plays for 1 yard all 2nd half our coaches handed Hue Jackson an opportunity to win and they almost did 

4 hours ago, #12. said:

Brissett started a game after two weeks on the team. 

Brissett had a training camp and a preseason.

It's not about Luck fitting into the offense, it's about his body being ready for football. I don't know that it will take a month of practice for him to be ready, but it's not an unreasonable expectation.