Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4: Callin 'em out

Superman

Who are you calling out this week?

Coaches? Players? Position groups?

I think we have to tackle well, especially up front. Wilson doesn't get great protection, but he's hard to bring down. And they want to run, run, run (unless a SB is on the line...), so we'll be tested up front more than we have so far. Must tackle well, or else they're going to get yards they don't deserve.

And we've got to protect well. Too much pressure last week, and while the tackles played okay, we didn't pick up edge blitzes well, and let some rushers up the middle on delayed blitzes. No easy pressures this week.

And Brissett has to protect the football. He's done a good job of that so far (aside from the OT pick), but it will be critical this week. Can't turn the ball over in Seattle and expect to win.

JB is a different type scrambler. I think he needs to get out of the crowd of D players as he seems to stand right in the middle of them until the last second. That is not to be critical because he manages to get rid of the ball better than Luck, I question the coaching staff's ability to come up with a strategy for the Bissett lead offense on the next few games before Luck returns if or when he does. The Colts desperately need Kelly back. 

Players and coaches. If we manage to get a lead on seattle like we did with Cleveland, dont lose it(or nearly lose it). Play for 60 minutes and dont give the other team an opportunity to get back in it.

Also, protection for Brissett. Period. O-line has gotta do their part and keep him on his feet especially against that Seattle defense.

Simon and Sheard they need to set the edge not well but almost perfect to make sure Wilson doesn't use his legs and we don't have to worry about missing tackles now I am not calling them out because they are our weakpoints but more of our strongpoints and they need to step up and play their best games of the year to help everyone around them 

Jack Doyle.

Always our Mr reliable had a poor week last week and he will be desperate to put it right. Being a threat in the short to medium yardage throws to get some first downs and open up the deep routes for Hilton.

Always good in the ground game and need his help with our O-line for JB to do the business.

Will have been a tough week for him family wise too. 

Calling out the Jacks. Jack Doyle and Jack Mewhort.

Doyle needs to rebound from that horrible game or we are going to struggle mightily this week. Can't expect Hilton to do what he did last week against the Browns this week unless he breaks a couple big catches.

Mewhort has just been bad. Maybe it's because Kelly has been gone, I don't know, but he looks like he is regressing, and he needs to pick it up or Brissett will be in a lot of trouble this week against this pass rush of the Seahawks.

Calling out Chud (yet again).  Get Brissett out of the pocket OR move the pocket every once and a while or roll him out to give him more time and play to his being able to create.  Let's not be soooo predictable. Let's try to pass on 1st down whether we have the lead or not.

Calling out the ILB's.  You guys have to really play well this week and hold your gaps.  We could really make Seattle one dimensional this week.  If you guys do that it will be up to the corners.

I'd like to see quality in-game adjustments, especially at half time.

a fast start would also be good.

the coaches need to step up, especially in this game.

player-wise, the OL and WRs need to help out Brissett and the RBs.

we are gonna have our hands full in Seattle.  Those fans are gonna be NUTS for this game.  They REALLY need a win too.