Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah that non flagrant call was awful. Duke always seems to catch breaks with officials though, similar to the Pats

Exactly just straight up blasted the kid way away from the play it was clearly a flagrant I think it should have been an ejection 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both teams are Very Good. Kansas has a lot more experience and that paid off as they hang on to win. Kentucky is young and still will be dangerous all season, next season probably unbeatable if nobody goes Pro.

Agreed. I am honestly not that upset about losing last night. UK played toe to toe with a team that could be a final 4 team. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big win for IU. It's a long shot they make the tournament but you have to have a signature win outside the conference to even have a shot if your middle of the pack like we likely will be. I don't know how long it has been since I've watched an IU team that has had worse shooting in my life. Almost every single decent HS team in Indiana has a kid that can come in and knock down threes and we don't really have a single one. Going to be a long year! We could really use Romeo on this team next year as shooting will still be hard to come by...but all indications point to him playing in Nashville for an even worse Vanderbilt team.....just a slap in the face...hopefully things change with Archie locking down these Indiana kids.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Big win for IU. It's a long shot they make the tournament but you have to have a signature win outside the conference to even have a shot if your middle of the pack like we likely will be. I don't know how long it has been since I've watched an IU team that has had worse shooting in my life. Almost every single decent HS team in Indiana has a kid that can come in and knock down threes and we don't really have a single one. Going to be a long year! We could really use Romeo on this team next year as shooting will still be hard to come by...but all indications point to him playing in Nashville for an even worse Vanderbilt team.....just a slap in the face...hopefully things change with Archie locking down these Indiana kids.

That definitely was a fun game to watch.

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Gonna take a year or two to get the Crean stench off of that team I guess.

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, IU is bad. Getting smoked by Fort Wayne 

Yes they are. First off they are AWFUL on defense...they have never been taught anything about valuing the ball or playing team defense. These guys have been pampered their whole careers at IU and it's going to take a house cleaning to bring in some tough nosed kids and ones that can shoot the ball. How sad is it that in the state of Indiana we can't find a single shooter to play for IU? What happened to those bulldog guards we used to get...the Coverdales, Fifes, AJ Moyas and so on that play with heart, and scrap, and yes can knock down a shot or make a big play. Crean definitely didn't recruit them...they must have all went to Butler while we searched the nation for the next Dwayne Wade. Until this team shows some heart we won't win much. They need to quit looking at the front of the other teams uniform in deciding if they are going to get up for the game and represent the front of their uniform. I know its college kids and these ups and downs happen but dang that was like a repeat of the ISU game....can't let a team go 17-30 from the 3 pt line.

We also need to quit scheduling in state non-conference games outside the Crossroads classic.....at least until we get the program respectable. Those kids that all got passed over by Crean come in and get up because they have something to prove. They continue to whip us year after year....just do what Kentucky does and bring in teams from Grand Canyon U or wherever...last thing we need is extra motivation against us when we are trying to rebuild a program.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, dgambill said:

Going to be an interesting year. UK not the UK of old...UNC losing at home to Woford. Arizona lost several early. Duke lost to BC. I think Izzo might have the best team come March. Will be fun to watch.

Yeah I think MSU has the best team right now. Of course it could change but as of today they should be  the favorite.

And yeah UK has a very good offense but they gotta get a better defense to contend. Hopefully they get it fixed throughout the year. UK should be a great defensive team as UK is a very big and long team. I think its mostly because they are a super young team and just don't communicate well, at least not yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I think MSU has the best team right now. Of course it could change but as of today they should be  the favorite.

And yeah UK has a very good offense but they gotta get a better defense to contend. Hopefully they get it fixed throughout the year. UK should be a great defensive team as UK is a very big and long team. I think its mostly because they are a super young team and just don't communicate well, at least not yet.

Cal usually gets them better as the season goes along. Who knows in the long run this class may help UK if a few stay around and provide some leadership next year. That said I’m not sure they win the SEC. I don’t think they figure it out that fast. Maybe the SEC tournament because they typically do well in that and their fans travel so well.

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

So Kentucky beats a decent Louisville team by 30 and beats a good Georgia team yesterday and we dropped 1 spot in the AP poll. Makes sense in bizarre world maybe...

On 12/30/2017 at 11:52 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I don't like how they were jumped without losing that always aggravates me don't see how you punish a team for winning 

Early in the season the rankings are all over the place. It’s very hard to figure teams out until you see them play good competition or conference play. Do I know what UK is? Nope. They’ve played cupcakes all year...lost to Kansas who we though might be good but are seeing aren’t that great. Got beat by UCLA who isn’t a top 25 team...hasn’t won a road game yet basically. Who knows what they are...they have beat VT, Georgia, and Louisville....all at home....and we don’t even know how good those teams are....tough to tell. What happens is as teams start showing who they are we will see how good they are. Take Purdue for example....haven’t done much lately but now we see how good that Butler win really is and they get a bounce effect even a few weeks later. If this happened in February I’d say ok you got a point but it’s too early to tell. I agree Michigan State is my favorite to be #1 but then again they have been playing cupcakes for weeks now and that Notre Dame win doesn’t look that hot since IU beat them. Just be patient...sometimes it takes a couple weeks for a win or loss to really see movement because we need corrections until we know how good or bad those are.