Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett vs Luck

masterlock

18 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

If i was Andrew luck i would not even play behind this garbage of a offensive line and sit out for rest of the  year. so i can get healthier. 

Nonsense. Luck is paid big time money to be the QB of the Colts. He is the leader of this team and for you to even say he should sit out shows you lack the knowledge of who Luck is and what he does when healthy.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

If i was Andrew luck i would not even play behind this garbage of a offensive line and sit out for rest of the  year. so i can get healthier. 

That's the thing. If Luck is cleared, he is contractually obligated to play if the coaches say so. He cant just decided if and when he wants to play. 

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the coaches clearly took the game out of his hands once we had a big lead

Maybe they did that for a reason?

Lots of coaches do that....    it's not something unique to the Colts.

You have a new, young QB who is still learning the playbook and his teammates.    Typically you don't ask these guys to win games.     You ask them NOT to lose games.     And you do that by running the ball and limiting the pass players.    Brissett only through 24 times,  12 in each half.    And it worked.     We won the game.     Perhaps by not as much as we'd all like,   but we won.

What the coaches did actually worked.

Strong similar stories between Houston's Watson and Brisset's performances to date. Both extremely mobil with strong accurate arms and both being thrown in to the lion's den and dong well. No other rookie has gone in to Gillette Stadium and has thrown for 330+ yards. Many mobil QBs do not have the accuracy we have seen from both so far.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe they did that for a reason?

Lots of coaches do that....    it's not something unique to the Colts.

You have a new, young QB who is still learning the playbook and his teammates.    Typically you don't ask these guys to win games.     You ask them NOT to lose games.     And you do that by running the ball and limiting the pass players.    Brissett only through 24 times,  12 in each half.    And it worked.     We won the game.     Perhaps by not as much as we'd all like,   but we won.

What the coaches did actually worked.

we won the game, im not mad

i think we would have gone conservative with luck there too, but maybe to a lesser extent 

Trade Brisett trade Brisset trade Brisett. What if Luck gets traded 

after this season for two 1st rounders and a 2nd rd pick would

this forum explode?

Luck has been known to make horrible game changing decisions, throws 

a ton of picks, isn't very good in the short passing game and is now a bit 

injury prone. 

Brisett has had minimal game experience and the jury is still out but the guy

has good accuracy, a strong down field arm, a short game 'if he could take

some zip off the ball' and a decent control of the offense.

Brisett doesn't have the experience as Luck but after only a few games 

under his belt the talent appears to be there to build around. I know this

post is blasphemy for a lot of posters but don't be surprised if Ballard

were to keep Brisett if he keeps progressing with such little NFL experience.

8 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

this forum explode?

injury prone. 

I dunno how blasphemous your post is, because it's so confusing. The points you make I can follow aren't sound, but I'm still trying to figure out who you want the team to trade? Trade Brissett, trade Luck- you said both, both are bad ideas.

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno how blasphemous your post is, because it's so confusing. The points you make I can follow aren't sound, but I'm still trying to figure out who you want the team to trade? Trade Brissett, trade Luck- you said both, both are bad ideas.

A lot of people are saying possibilities of a Brisett trade but what if 

Luck could be the one traded of either of them? Brisett looks very 

similar as a player to Luck only with a ton less experience.

Ballard is a different GM than we have had in the past and wouldn't

surprise me if he were to implode the football world by putting Luck

on the block if Brisett were to progress in his play and decision making.

Is Luck the only guy on the team untouchable with the competition

mentality that Ballard wants to instill on this team? It's a valid

question and I know I'm gonna step on some toes posting this.

On 9/25/2017 at 4:27 PM, masterlock said:

Brissett has only started 2 games, and already the guy is looking like he deserves to be a starting QB in the league--the kind of starting QB a lot of teams would love to have right now. When I look at his performance yesterday versus the Browns, I have a hard time imagining that things would've gone any better had Luck started. Brissett's skill set and measurables seem very close to Luck's--they're both athletic, both poised, both have strong arms, etc. And Brissett doesn't seem to make bad decisions either.

Granted, Brissett has had only 2 games as a starter. Only time will tell. But so far, Brissett is looking very comparable to Luck. 

My thing with Brissett is he doesn't know how to commit and pull the trigger. he hesitates ALOT. In his first start their were several plays where he hesitated to throw the ball downfield for what could have been game changing big plays. Luck knows how to pull the trigger, i believe he was rated one of the best QBs last season throwing down the field 20+ yards. With that being said i like Brissett as a back up but if a QB needy team out there is willing to Exchange a solid pick and or player for Brissett i wouldn't mind letting him walk. 

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Ok...

Luck isn't going to be traded. As was stated, go look at his contract. The team is as married to him as he is to the team, that's one of those things that's built into 100$ mill+ deals. 

I'm more amazed that you think you're looking at similar QB's. Brissett isn't nearly as polished as a passer would be the first obvious observation. 

People forget how good Luck actually is, often. There's literally one guy in the whole NFL that has more individual *it* at the position and it's Aaron Rodgers. Give me Luck over everyone else.

6 hours ago, dodsworth said:

The problem is that it literally is NOT a possibility. I remember when crazies wanted to make Hasselbeck the starter. We as a fan base are like teenage girls. Well some of you. 

On 9/25/2017 at 4:31 PM, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Brissett literally played two games as a Colt and people are already comparing him to Luck. SMH.

Luck literally went 10--12 as a Starter the last two seasons and people are already comparing him to Trent Dilfer....oops, Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

...more or less just kidding around above, but, let's face it, Luck hasn't earned his way into any conversation that includes Brees, Rodgers or P. Manning...let alone Brady.  Sure, I'd start Luck  over Brissett today...but ask me that question a year from now and you might get a different answer.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:05 PM, NYCfan said:

Luck literally went 10--12 as a Starter the last two seasons and people are already comparing him to Trent Dilfer....oops, Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

...more or less just kidding around above, but, let's face it, Luck hasn't earned his way into any conversation that includes Brees, Rodgers or P. Manning...let alone Brady.  Sure, I'd start Luck  over Brissett today...but ask me that question a year from now and you might get a different answer.

People who know football, who understand football know that Luck has gone 10-12 the last two seasons due to serious injuries and a terrible defense.

Fans who just see the results and don't like what they see blame Luck.       People who know football.....    don't.

On 9/27/2017 at 9:37 AM, dodsworth said:

The contract that Luck signed a year ago marries Andrew Luck to the Indianapolis Colts for a number of years.

Chris Ballard knows this.     It's one of the reasons he signjed up with the Colts.

Andrew Luck is not getting traded in any world....    real or hypothetical...

All these "what if" scenarios are silly.....       it just not happening.     The facts tell you that.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, NYCfan said:

Dilfer's super bowl win was more likely the result of being on a team with possibly the best scoring defenses of all time

He was one of the worst QBs who's team won a super bowl

On 9/27/2017 at 11:05 PM, NYCfan said:

Luck can be and will be compared to great QB's because he has the ability and potential to be one of the greats. 

You have simply made many people dumber after reading your comment.  

On 9/27/2017 at 9:12 AM, dodsworth said:

this forum explode?

injury prone. 

That's not blasphemy it's silly Ballard isn't keeping Brissett over Luck If he thinks that highly of Brissett he will keep both of them. See NE and Grappolo. I like Brissett aa much as the next guy but get a grip he played one excellent half of football. There's barely enough film on Brissett for other teams to exploit weaknesses. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

People who know football, who understand football know that Luck has gone 10-12 the last two seasons due to serious injuries and a terrible defense.

Fans who just see the results and don't like what they see blame Luck.       People who know football.....    don't.

It's kind of funny that some people just handpick the games they want too. He left out the part Luck is also 36-18 in his first 3 seasons (including Playoffs) when healthy. He will be healthy again so we will see. People do it with Chuck in here too. They act like Chuck's first 3 seasons didn't even exist.