Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Peyton, Take A Cut

Hal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree. If Irsay really wants Manning to stay, I think he's going to have to convince Peyton that this is closer to a superbowl team than a 2-14 team.

That is pretty much why I have come to terms with Manning leaving. This team is no where near being a Super Bowl contender unless we go with the typical Hey Peyton put the entire team on your back again and drag it to the playoffs and hopefully we get it together by then.

I just do not see Peyton signing a multiple year deal knowing full well at some point Luck is going to start. You are not drafting a QB first overall and having him sit two to three years. At most you are going to have him sit a season and then hand him the football. This is not like the Packers drafting Aaron Rodgers at 24 and getting him on a contract for around 1.5 million a year. This is not a developmental QB that you will be ok with sitting for two or more years. A QB taken first overall is expected to be the most NFL ready and able to step in as soon as possible.

So will Peyton really want to sign a one year deal with a team that is not close to really competing for a title and waste another year of his career?

I could be wrong and Manning maybe perfectly fine with and come back after being cut, but I just do not see that happening.

I hope I am wrong and we get to see him retire a Colt.