Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Browns Game Day Thread

Commentator:

What Cleveland really needs to do is this.  Kizer needs to play better.  Great stop by the Browns, they really needed that.  The Colts D have really slowed down, Browns need to take advantage.  Browns need to do this.  Browns need to do that. 

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

There is a saying...  throw to score... run to win.

True but with us it's never really worked well 

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Commentator:

What Cleveland really needs to do is this.  Kizer needs to play better.  Great stop by the Browns, they really needed that.  The Colts D have really slowed down, Browns need to take advantage.  Browns need to do this.  Browns need to do that. 

"They need to force a FG here, they can't afford to go down 3 scores"

17 points is still 3 scores, genius. 

I'm watching a blowout (by our standards), and I still don't feel confident we'll win.

Gads I've been a fan too long, lol.

Just now, will426 said:

True but with us it's never really worked well 

We did take the clock down to 10 minutes, and put 3 on the board to go up 3 scores...

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Commentator:

They feel sorry for the Browns. I guess we are not the worst team after all :scoregood:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They feel sorry for the Browns. I guess we are not the worst team after all :scoregood:

I thought WE were the best at being the worst. Thanks for nothing Bleacher Report.

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

I thought WE were the best at being the worst. Thanks for nothing Bleacher Report.

We will probably lose next week but then we play the 49ers and Andrew is coming back so it could get interesting. Just have to win our Division games.

Got to get that clock running.  A run play is effective at that.  We have to learn to  run when they expect  it.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Playing the long game, setting up play action for week 17

Belicheck-esque. Thinking ahead. Way ahead.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Chuds run plays are so predictable lol. Though I can't hate on Chud much today, hes been good. 

Sometimes, you have to get yards on run plays when they expect it.  Chud choked them out of all their timeouts.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Got to get that clock running.  A run play is effective at that.  We have to learn to  run when they expect  it.

Understood.

A first down is also an effective way of keeping the clock ticking and controlling the game. We are not getting a first down running the ball. I'd rather keep the ball by gaining first downs than gaining 2-3 yards a pop and giving the ball back to the other team.