Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Texans Will Beat The Pats" -Ted Bruschi

King Colt

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol yeah. Jags and Titians have looked mighty fine this year.. so us and Texans can tie for last place..

He did get stripped sacked on the Final drive.. but Andrews? Picked it up as soon as it hit the ground. And I don't even know if that INT was dropped.. he had it all the way to the ground, then like rolled it out of his arms.. just sickening lol. We'll at least your Pats fan get to hear another week about the Amazing play of a 40 year old :thmup:

Lol hey Brady single handed won my Famtasy game two weeks in a row lol.. and I thought that was on the series before the strip sack (my bad) as for the interception, that's the rule in the NFL, I don't think anyone truly knows what a catch is anymore.  Like I said the Pats got Lucky, I rather be lucky than to lose.

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol hey Brady single handed won my Famtasy game two weeks in a row lol.. and I thought that was on the series before the strip sack (my bad) as for the interception, that's the rule in the NFL, I don't think anyone truly knows what a catch is anymore.  Like I said the Pats got Lucky, I rather be lucky than to lose.

Lol no no.. it was ruled incomplete as it should have been.. I'm just saying the ground really didn't cause the drop. He just simply said "I don't want this anymore, go freeeee!" and let it go hahah fool

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol yeah. Jags and Titians have looked mighty fine this year.. so us and Texans can tie for last place..

He did get stripped sacked on the Final drive.. but Andrews? Picked it up as soon as it hit the ground. And I don't even know if that INT was dropped.. he had it all the way to the ground, then like rolled it out of his arms.. just sickening lol. We'll at least your Pats fan get to hear another week about the Amazing play of a 40 year old :thmup:

Not sure about the Jags. They seem to play well in London. The titans, though, are good.

3 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Raise your hand if you were totally surprised at the outcome. I'm sure every Pats fan is saying they didn't believe they won when probably the entire country knew they'd win.

And of course, I heard Brady for strip sacked on the final drive, and as par for the course, didn't lose what would've been a game-ending fumble. How many times has that happened to them?

Yep and threw a gimme pick that Texans dropped like 2 plays before Td that amazing left their best and only wr wife open in endzone. Don't get me wrong...Tom played great but man I see more teams drop picks against him that he makes them pay for. That NE  defense is unrecognizable right now...they are going to get tested a lot this year.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep and threw a gimme pick that Texans dropped like 2 plays before Td that amazing left their best and only wr wife open in endzone. Don't get me wrong...Tom played great but man I see more teams drop picks against him that he makes them pay for. That NE  defense is unrecognizable right now...they are going to get tested a lot this year.

Shhh...don't tell them that. The Patriots' D is making Tom Brady viable as a "have to throw" fantasy QB much like Drew Brees' D. We cannot have it any different because he is my fantasy QB right now. :) 

I was shocked to see the Texans in the game.  They really should have won, I can't believe there defense gave up that quick TD at the end.  That was the only time in my life I was rooting for the Pats because I picked them in my pick em pool.  Watson looked good.  How do the Texans score 7 against the Jags at home and 13 against the Bengals then turn around and score 28 against the Pats?  I wonder if there offense is getting better(which I hope isn't the case) or if New England's defense is just that bad this year?  I am leaning towards New England's defense not being as good this year.  It was a great game regardless. 

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I was shocked to see the Texans in the game.  They really should have won, I can't believe there defense gave up that quick TD at the end.  That was the only time in my life I was rooting for the Pats because I picked them in my pick em pool.  Watson looked good.  How do the Texans score 7 against the Jags at home and 13 against the Bengals then turn around and score 28 against the Pats?  I wonder if there offense is getting better(which I hope isn't the case) or if New England's defense is just that bad this year?  I am leaning towards New England's defense not being as good this year.  It was a great game regardless. 

New Englands defense isn't good right now.    They have no pass rush and linebacker problems.

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

New Englands defense isn't good right now.    They have no pass rush and linebacker problems.

That's my thinking too.  I think Watson will be a decent quarterback and will only get better but I don't think there as good offensively as they were today.  The Pats are in trouble with that defense. 

35 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That's my thinking too.  I think Watson will be a decent quarterback and will only get better but I don't think there as good offensively as they were today.  The Pats are in trouble with that defense. 

Yeah, I expect them to lose at Denver and at Pitt. this year, I feel. Good Ds that will limit Tom enough but the D is not good enough to contain the O on the road.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Kyle Van Noy is starting for them....that's all I need to know. Their secondary isn't bad honestly...but with no pass rush as you noted they can't cover all day. One thing we do know is that Bill will make adjustments and players improve on that team. By season's end they will be tested on all levels on both sides of the ball and will steadily improve....by playoff time if they have HFA it will be trouble for the AFC. I'm not a NE hater but its no secret that they are huge favorites at home. When I watch refs pick up flags or call PI on a TE that runs into a safety when Gronk uses his huge frame like that on every play or grab a rb that is running out of the back field I can tell which team is at home. Don't get me wrong most home teams get those calls...so you just don't want to play NE in Foxboro if you don't have to...the crowd noise, the phantom calls, and just the weather etc is a lot to overcome. Teams need to be attacking them now and making hay because if you let them go 13-3 and have HFA...that team in January will be night and day from what we are seeing out there now.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I expect them to lose at Denver and at Pitt. this year, I feel. Good Ds that will limit Tom enough but the D is not good enough to contain the O on the road.

Depends on which team shows up. Neither of those did last week and would get blown out by Tom and that offense. Don't get me wrong they are very beatable and if you can limit them to fgs you have a great shot to win. Bend but don't break...I might give you Denver but Pittsburg seems to be beat before the first snap against NE...its between their ears. Teams like Denver, Seattle, KC they have confidence that they can beat them. Problem is that division is so awful NE will likely sweep it and still have HFA. I'm pulling for KC to keep winning so at least they would have to play on the road at some point.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Teams need to be attacking them now and making hay because if you let them go 13-3 and have HFA...that team in January will be night and day from what we are seeing out there now.

Oakland, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens all shot themselves yesterday.. only a matter of time before KC does the same thing (playing in the AFC west, that won't be hard) New England is sitting pretty after yesterday's miracle..yet again. Only way to beat them is to have the ball last.. when the Texans failed the 3nd and 1 on their last drive and settled for the FG everyone knew it was over for them..

22 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oakland, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens all shot themselves yesterday.. only a matter of time before KC does the same thing (playing in the AFC west, that won't be hard) New England is sitting pretty after yesterday's miracle..yet again. Only way to beat them is to have the ball last.. when the Texans failed the 3nd and 1 on their last drive and settled for the FG everyone knew it was over for them..

Yep...I would have run Watson on a boot or a run throw option there....he had proven he could make plays and the box was overloaded to stop Miller. I know he is a rookie but the kid just has something special...he may not be prototypical or be a super accurate thrower but he is a playmaker and a winner...and I think he finds a way to get that yard....NE came crashing down there.. I really think he could have kept that.

That said I still thought they would win...first the fumble that NE recovered and then the dropped int....after those went against them I knew the Texans were toast.

On 9/23/2017 at 5:54 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck doesn't get back you guys will probably take the Division again but I don't see you beating the Pats. If you do take Tommy down I will congrats you.

Why in the world would you think that?  Jacksonville destroyed Houston in Houston, and Tennessee clearly looks to be the best team of the 4.

Playing the Texans is, at this point, almost like a divisional game for the Patriots. They've played them quite a few times in the past couple of years, and with O'Brien, Mike Vrabel, Larry Izzo, Wes Welker, etc... on their staff... the level of familiarity with the Patriots makes these games pretty tight. They know how to attack both the offense and defense so with these games it's all about execution. 

Offensively they look really good. Brady's week one performance seems to be an anomaly. He's been lights out the past two games, and it's a small sample size but he's been very accurate going deep. As long as they don't lose anyone else for an extended period of time, they should be OK. 

Defensively it's been a nightmare season so far. The coverage has been spotty, lots of mistakes have been made, and it just seems like they're collectively pressing as a group. The pass rush is better than expected but still not great. Bill tends to tinker more on that side of the ball early in the season, so I'm hoping they show some steady improvement. 

Oddly enough, this Patriots team (like last year's) seems to thrive on the road. Their only two losses last year were at home too. 

17 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Playing the Texans is, at this point, almost like a divisional game for the Patriots. They've played them quite a few times in the past couple of years, and with O'Brien, Mike Vrabel, Larry Izzo, Wes Welker, etc... on their staff... the level of familiarity with the Patriots makes these games pretty tight. They know how to attack both the offense and defense so with these games it's all about execution. 

Offensively they look really good. Brady's week one performance seems to be an anomaly. He's been lights out the past two games, and it's a small sample size but he's been very accurate going deep. As long as they don't lose anyone else for an extended period of time, they should be OK. 

Defensively it's been a nightmare season so far. The coverage has been spotty, lots of mistakes have been made, and it just seems like they're collectively pressing as a group. The pass rush is better than expected but still not great. Bill tends to tinker more on that side of the ball early in the season, so I'm hoping they show some steady improvement. 

Oddly enough, this Patriots team (like last year's) seems to thrive on the road. Their only two losses last year were at home too. 

Yeah you can experiment when you have Tom Brady and that clockwork offense....you're guaranteed at least 28-30pts a game. I was honestly surprised the Texans defense didn't put more pressure on Tom yesterday then they did...or at least slow them down more. That's an awful lot of points to ask of your rookie qb. Like you said....its about execution and Texans didn't execute well those last couple drives on offense or defense....you can't drop easy int to end game and you need to execute 3rd-1....and you definitely with 30 seconds left can't let someone get behind you (playing zone no less) for a wide open td...that game will come back to bite them.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah you can experiment when you have Tom Brady and that clockwork offense....you're guaranteed at least 28-30pts a game. I was honestly surprised the Texans defense didn't put more pressure on Tom yesterday then they did...or at least slow them down more. That's an awful lot of points to ask of your rookie qb. Like you said....its about execution and Texans didn't execute well those last couple drives on offense or defense....you can't drop easy int to end game and you need to execute 3rd-1....and you definitely with 30 seconds left can't let someone get behind you (playing zone no less) for a wide open td...that game will come back to bite them.

It is (bold part), and to his credit, Watson nearly delivered. I haven't seen him play any other games but he came into a tough spot and played very well, for the most part. O'Brien got a little conservative at times toward the end of the game and the defense definitely cracked on that last drive like you said. Prior to that, they got decent pressure on Brady for most of the game, and the Patriots were very fortunate that they didn't have two or even three turnovers. 

On 9/24/2017 at 6:01 PM, IndyScribe said:

Glad the Patriots won. Now the Texans have the same record as we do.

I was torn when I was watching the Colts game and keeping an eye on the ticker for the Texans-Pats score.

I was happy when I thought the Texans were going to beat the Pats in Foxborough.  If I have to live vicariously through the Texans as a fellow AFC Souther... whatever, sue me.

But then the Pats won, and even though I hate seeing the Pats win, I was happy the Texans weren't gaining a game on us in the division.

:dunno:

Archived