Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible reason for NFL ratings going down...

bap1331

1 minute ago, ruksak said:

I just showed you a vid of a white kid being murdered and nobody gave a damn. 

But we care about Mike Brown, a violent assialant? Why? Because he was black? 

We are all judged on appearances. 

Maybe the real problem is the gangsta culture which has our youth thugs by wearing their pants down to their knees? Present yourself as such an be judged accordingly. 

I AM mad about that. That's why I support blacklivesmatter. Because I know police brutality is a legit issue and they are telling the truth.

YOU don't care. Or you would see it that way as well. Don't project your views on me. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Brave?  Haha, your words, not mine...

Maybe I shouldn't have called it the "front line".

I can see how that would be really disrespectful to people that have served on the actual front-lines.

Ya know...celebrities with countless millions of dollars and charmed lives probably aren't the best people to speak for the common man. To them, the most important issues aren't jobs, the economy, taxes etc. To them, the most important issues facing everyday people are issues like transgender bathroom rights and black criminals being shot while running from the cops afte the commission of a crime. 

Just now, ruksak said:

Ya know...celebrities with countless millions of dollars and charmed lives probably aren't the best people to speak for the common man. To them, the most important issues aren't jobs, the economy, taxes etc. To them, the most important issues facing everyday people are issues like transgender bathroom rights and black criminals being shot while running from the cops afte the commission of a crime. 

Most if not all were the common man until they were discovered

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

I AM mad about that. That's why I support blacklivesmatter. Because I know police brutality is a legit issue and they are telling the truth.

YOU don't care. Or you would see it that way as well. Don't project your views on me. 

Oh. I see. 

That explains a lot. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm far from a millennial, and I am disagreeing with them.  I'm not trying to insult them or offend them, I'm just trying to get us all on the same page.

I want to enjoy my free time as much as the next red-blooded American, but we can't expect to enjoy the freedom of ignoring social issues when we are all so connected now.

If you have a smart-phone you should be aware of these issues before an NFL player decides to kneel over it...

I have zero problem with the players protesting. I just think using the "privilege" card is a way of discrediting someone's point of view.

1 minute ago, ruksak said:

I wanted to like that post, because the first half was great.  I just didn't like the back half.

You're definitely right about celebrities not being able to relate to the rest of us.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Most if not all were the common man until they were discovered

That's highly dubious. 

Somehow Madonna and Johnny Depp now sound British when they talk. They may have lost connection with what really matters, would be my point. Years of being praised like gods has an affect on a persons perceptions. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In many cases the celebrities are the common man just with great talents

Rosie O'Donnell is a great example of the hypocracy I wish to highlight. 

She is ardent anti-gun rights . Yet, she has armed body guards. I can't afford such an entourage. I can afford a Glock, however. 

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I have zero problem with the players protesting. I just think using the "privilege" card is a way of discrediting someone's point of view.

I've refrained up to this point because I agree with you.

But when numerous fans start throwing dirt on the players for displaying their opinions, and the majority of these fans are white folks that don't want racial injustice mixed in with their football...

These times are not as great as some would have you believe...

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I've refrained up to this point because I agree with you.

But when numerous fans start throwing dirt on the players for displaying their opinions, and the majority of these fans are white folks that don't want racial injustice mixed in with their football...

These times are not as great as some would have you believe...

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everyone the Colts won today and we should be celebrating this and stop the bickering because no one is Changing their views and The is what is great about being in America

Stop arguing because everyone is set in their ways is what's great about America? Lol

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everyone the Colts won today and we should be celebrating this and stop the bickering because no one is Changing their views and The is what is great about being in America

I bet I couldn't name 6 Colts players on the team. 

I never thought I would say that. Which is at the heart of this thread; Why are so many people tuning out?

Racism, real or perceived, has no merit for discussion within the realm of sport. I just wanted to watch football. I don't care about their personal political beliefs....at all. 

2 minutes ago, ruksak said:

I bet I couldn't name 6 Colts players on the team. 

I never thought I would say that. Which is at the heart of this thread; Why are so many people tuning out?

Racism, real or perceived, has no merit for discussion within the realm of sport. I just wanted to watch football. I don't care about their personal political beliefs....at all. 

It always has i.e. Jackie Robinson

We all need to stop 

I love you @PrincetonTiger  but I think me and @ruksak got a thing goin here.

I think ruksak might be funny.  Like @BOTT level funny, maybe.

I don't know, ya gotta ha a lil arsehol in ya to keep up in these threads sometimes, and I haen't seen anyting unforgivable yet.

It always has i.e. Jackie Robinson

Being stuck in the past will literally get you nowhere. 

That was a different time. Countless thousands of white kids walk around town with $100 jerseys that have a black mans name on the back of it, and their parents bought it for them for Christmas. Little white girls have posters of hulking black men on their walls and their parents think nothing of it, nor should they. 

These heroes from another age are ghosts. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't know, ya gotta ha a lil arsehol in ya to keep up in these threads sometimes, and I haen't seen anyting unforgivable yet.

Unlike a lot of people I understand discrimination and every barb that has been thrown takes me to my childhood and the pain I felt for myself or others

5 hours ago, ruksak said:

I made it about the race of the victim? * really? Me? 

Mike Brown....it was never about what happened, the facts. It was all about one thing. His skin color. 

What facts are those? I honestly remember a he said she said with no video and conflicting statements. And given the other instances which provided video evidence that the police are capable of this behavior, I definitely wouldn't just rule it out as a possibility.

Idc what YOU think of Michael Brown, it doesn't mean he deserved to die. That's a really cold position to take. He is irrelevant to the overall issue, which not too many people don't agree is a real problem.

These players are kneeling in protest of police brutality. But for some reason people want to make it about race and the military instead of just coming together and actually supporting each other for a change. Is this really worth all this uproar?

I don't blame the players for holding strong and taking the heat on this. 

Edited by Nadine
masked profanity in quoted post

Unlike a lot of people I understand discrimination and every barb that has been thrown takes me to my childhood and the pain I felt for myself or others

Sorry, I was just jokin around with ruksak.  I've enjoyed their posts from many moons ago.

I didn't mean anything I was just trying to be funny...  :ninja:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know some people may think my comments are racist, and that grades on me. Maybe it's my clumsy words....dunno. What I do know is that my daughter has a black boyfriend and, despite him not appreciating my homemade beef stroganoff, he's a good dude and I have no quandary.

I just wanted to watch football for the first time in two years. Boy....did I pick a bad day to do that. I hate celebrities whom make political statements. Let's call it a pet peeve. 

Catch a TD, act in a film, but keep your opinions to yourself, celebrities. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Oh do tell

I may just do the same thing if this continues next week. I guess I'll either have to go back to NASCAR or just go do yard work or something. Might check the scores as I'll always be a colts fan but it'll be difficult to support the league as a whole going forward

i will remember pat tillman and our other fallen heros as i no longer watch players disrespect their memory on sunday

14 minutes ago, ruksak said:

Being stuck in the past will literally get you nowhere. 

That was a different time. Countless thousands of white kids walk around town with $100 jerseys that have a black mans name on the back of it, and their parents bought it for them for Christmas. Little white girls have posters of hulking black men on their walls and their parents think nothing of it, nor should they. 

These heroes from another age are ghosts.

6 minutes ago, ruksak said:

I know some people may think my comments are racist, and that grades on me. Maybe it's my clumsy words....dunno. What I do know is that my daughter has a black boyfriend and, despite him not appreciating my homemade beef stroganoff, he's a good dude and I have no quandary.

I just wanted to watch football for the first time in two years. Boy....did I pick a bad day to do that. I hate celebrities whom make political statements. Let's call it a pet peeve. 

I know race-talk is unpleasant, and I REALLY empathize with you about being able to just watch football.  It's an escape, and I wish I could JUST watch football.

I also don't like all this outside stuff getting mixed into football, but it's really a sign of the times.

Everyone is aware of everything all the time now.  So we have to deal with everything all the time.

10 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

What facts are those? I honestly remember a he said she said with no video and conflicting statements. And given the other instances which provided video evidence that the police are capable of this behavior, I definitely wouldn't just rule it out as a possibility.

Idc what YOU think of Michael Brown, it doesn't mean he deserved to die. That's a really cold position to take. He is irrelevant to the overall issue, which not too many people don't agree is a real problem.

These players are kneeling in protest of police brutality. But for some reason people want to make it about race and the military instead of just coming together and actually supporting each other for a change. Is this really worth all this uproar?

I don't blame the players for holding strong and taking the heat on this. 

I want to go on record saying; I think police have WAY too much power and discretion for the application of violence. I just happen to believe that they abuse all people, not just blacks. Blacks just perceive it that way due to Americas obvious history of racial abuse. 

Something has to change, but nothing will if we keep up this false racial narrative. If you or anyone else wishes to indulge, there are some stunning statistics out there that show police abuse toward whites being well in proportion with said behavior toward blacks. 

2 minutes ago, ruksak said:

I am not upset at all just trying to be the peacemaker  

Since Celebrities are people too personal views will get involved( this is why I boycott certain actors)

BTW I used your post because you would not see it as a defense

6 minutes ago, ruksak said:

I want to go on record saying; I think police have WAY too much power and discretion for the application of violence. I just happen to believe that they abuse all people, not just blacks. Blacks just perceive it that way due to Americas obvious history of racial abuse. 

Something has to change, but nothing will if we keep up this false racial narrative. If you or anyone else wishes to indulge, there are some stunning statistics out there that show police abuse toward whites in well in proportion with said behavior toward blacks. 

This is one reason I rarely like to drive

This is one reason I rarely like to drive

Bah LOL.

I'm a young guy, regularly go 10 mph over the limit...last time I had a ticket was over 7 years ago.

Then online, we see all these narratives about the police being bad, it's hard not to call it nonsense. Encountering the police is a rare occurrance, even for traffic much less criminal investigations.

Just now, rock8591 said:

Bah LOL.

I'm a young guy, regularly go 10 mph over the limit...last time I had a ticket was over 7 years ago.

Then online, we see all these narratives about the police being bad, it's hard not to call it nonsense.

To drive I have to a lot of modifications and struggle with balance and my eyes do very funny things so I would not pass many of the tests 

2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Bah LOL.

Then online, we see all these narratives about the police being bad, it's hard not to call it nonsense. Encountering the police is a rare occurrance, even for traffic much less criminal investigations.

Very few would say all (most) cops are "bad". The issue herein is a woeful lack of accountability when such an officer emerges. 

We cannot change the way police treat blacks without changing the way they treat everybody. Do that and everything should fall into place. I know a cop's job is dangerous. According to statistics, however, being an attendant at a convenience store/gas station is far more dangerous. Neither police nor gas station clerks should be whipping out guns at the first sign of possible trouble. 

Cops get away with it, clerks do not. We should at least hold cops to the same standard as a 3rd shift attendant at a gas station. 

5 minutes ago, ruksak said:

Very few would say all (most) cops are "bad". The issue herein is a woeful lack of accountability when such an officer emerges. 

We cannot change the way police treat blacks without changing the way they treat everybody. Do that and everything should fall into place. I know a cop's job is dangerous. According to statistics, however, being an attendant at a convenience store/gas station is far more dangerous. Neither police nor gas station clerks should be whipping out guns at the first sign of possible trouble. 

Cops get away with it, clerks do not. We should at least hold cops to the same standard as a 3rd shift attendant at a gas station. 

Unfortunately that is the problem everyone gets grouped together and the bad apple gives everyone a bad name

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Oh do tell

I may just do the same thing if this continues next week. I guess I'll either have to go back to NASCAR or just go do yard work or something. Might check the scores as I'll always be a colts fan but it'll be difficult to support the league as a whole going forward

Al Michaels said it during the pregame. I'll be danged that I can't find it Googling, and according to ESPN he said something that doesn't add up with it in the postgame? That "We just want equal rights"?

As for his pregame comments, paraphrasing from memory of what Al Michaels said he said, he said "I would go to the white house and be respectful and try to get along with everybody."