Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY guarantees Colts win in browns game.

Coltsfan1953

TY better perform. He's under scrutiny.   Also, Moncrief better perform.  I've always thought Moncrief was the best receiver on the team.  However, I'm realizing he tends to lay down and take games off.  I hope the Colts made the right decision in trading Dorsett and keeping Moncrief.

Go BLUE!!!

8 minutes ago, Devildog said:

If the Colts fall to the Browns, I wonder if there's going to be any firings.

I still can't believe we've stooped down to the Browns level that everybody's second guessing who's going to win. 

doubtful.   As much as I want Pagano and Co gone, Jim Irsay has never fired a HC mid season. 

1 hour ago, Devildog said:

I still can't believe we've stooped down to the Browns level that everybody's second guessing who's going to win. 

56 minutes ago, csmopar said:

doubtful.   As much as I want Pagano and Co gone, Jim Irsay has never fired a HC mid season. 

I agree, it likely won't happen until the end of the year.  It never makes a poor performing team good.  It does improve the projected record up a game , maybe 2 at the max.

enhance

47 minutes ago, Devildog said:

That's true but we don't know if Ballard is the type who would just sit around and do nothing.  I guess we'll just wait and see.

Ballard already has guys on his interview list.  It's a good bet they won't be eligible to interview until the off season. Thus firings only comfort the torches and pitchfork crowd, but don't really improve the team.  Even a new regime will take time to implement, evaluate (and get players for that system, then the gelling period.  We are not a player or two away for contending for the Super Bowl, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree, it likely won't happen until the end of the year.  It never makes a poor performing team good.  It does improve the projected record up a game , maybe 2 at the max.

enhance

Ballard already has guys on his interview list.  It's a good be they won't be eligible to interview until the off season. Thus firings only comfort the torches and pitchfork crowd, but don't really improve the team.  Even a new regime will take time to implement, evaluate (and get0 players for that system, then the gelling period.  We are not a player or two away for contending for the Super Bowl, unfortunately.

yep.

47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

enhance

Ballard already has guys on his interview list.  It's a good bet they won't be eligible to interview until the off season. Thus firings only comfort the torches and pitchfork crowd, but don't really improve the team.  Even a new regime will take time to implement, evaluate (and get players for that system, then the gelling period.  We are not a player or two away for contending for the Super Bowl, unfortunately.

I can dig that.  Would you happen to know if there are any significant candidates?

50 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree for the most part, but if the team has a coordinator or other positional coach that they think could become a good HC, then firing the HC and promoting that coach to interim HC gives you a great example to evaluate him.  Now, I don't think there are any coaches on the current staff that I'd want to even consider for a future HC position...so specifically regarding the Colts I do agree.  The only one I'd even want to see promoted to interim HC would be Philbin because I have very little confidence in Chud, and those are the only 2 I could even see being in consideration.  Well, maybe Brian  Schottenheimer.

7 minutes ago, Devildog said:

I can dig that.  Would you happen to know if there are any significant candidates?

I doubt anyone has any idea what names are actually on that list.   The only one to even really speculate on is Dave Toub and that's only based on rumors (not anything Ballard has ever publicly said) that he wanted to bring Toub with him to replace Pagano, which I frankly never believed to begin with.  Not the fact that he may have wanted to replace Pagano, but I don't see a first time GM having his mind made up on who he wants as his HC without conducting an actual coaching search and interviewing multiple candidates.

3 hours ago, Devildog said:

We haven't "stooped", our starting franchise quarterback is out. 

1 hour ago, Devildog said:

Se J@son answer below  -vvv-

1 hour ago, J@son said:

I doubt anyone has any idea what names are actually on that list.   The only one to even really speculate on is Dave Toub and that's only based on rumors (not anything Ballard has ever publicly said) that he wanted to bring Toub with him to replace Pagano, which I frankly never believed to begin with.  Not the fact that he may have wanted to replace Pagano, but I don't see a first time GM having his mind made up on who he wants as his HC without conducting an actual coaching search and interviewing multiple candidates.

If i had to hazard a guess, then I would list-

I do not know for sure. I would think Dave Toub is on the list.  Others, maybe-

New blood-
Harold Goodwin,
Edgar Bennet
Kris Richards

Well thought of on the inside-
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Mike Vrabel

Teryl Austin

Retreads that may work on x2 try-
Josh Mcdaniels
Mike Smith
Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Scwhartz

Pie in the Sky-
Jim Harbaugh
Nick Saban (retread)

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

New blood-
Harold Goodwin,
Edgar Bennet
Kris Richards

Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Mike Vrabel

Teryl Austin

Josh Mcdaniels
Mike Smith
Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Scwhartz

Pie in the Sky-
Jim Harbaugh
Nick Saban (retread)

You forgot one the guy a majority of the fans here want back, granted its a pipe dream......

P

E

Y

T

O

N

M

A

N

N

I

N

G

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

New blood-
Harold Goodwin,
Edgar Bennet
Kris Richards

Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Mike Vrabel

Teryl Austin

Josh Mcdaniels
Mike Smith
Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Scwhartz

Pie in the Sky-
Jim Harbaugh
Nick Saban (retread)

The last two years were pretty great for coaching candidates. Kinda worried about this year's crop honestly. I want to be rid of Chuck probably more than most but this is going to be a real interesting search if we finally do part ways with him.

There are a few intriguing names. I like Jim Bob Cooter and if he keeps the Lions offense going like this he could be one of my favorites. Toub is interesting too.

I think what worries me most are the amount of possible retreads. Guys like Smith and Schwartz. Topping it off with a guy like Gruden who I'm just not sold on.

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The last two years were pretty great for coaching candidates. Kinda worried about this year's crop honestly. I want to be rid of Chuck probably more than most but this is going to be a real interesting search if we finally do part ways with him.

There are a few intriguing names. I like Jim Bob Cooter and if he keeps the Lions offense going like this he could be one of my favorites. Toub is interesting too.

I think what worries me most are the amount of possible retreads. Guys like Smith and Schwartz. Topping it off with a guy like Gruden who I'm just not sold on.

I got him along with another guy on my list, that I avoided posting for my own faitly obvious reasons...

Jon Gruden

Bill Cowher

'Nuff said.

9 hours ago, Mister P said:

TY better perform. He's under scrutiny.   Also, Moncrief better perform.  I've always thought Moncrief was the best receiver on the team.  However, I'm realizing he tends to lay down and take games off.  I hope the Colts made the right decision in trading Dorsett and keeping Moncrief.

Go BLUE!!!

They are performing. With a backup QB

Truth time...we're supposed to lose EVERY game without Andrew..

If we win anything, its an upset

I'd prefer if TY keeps his mouth shut until he himself leads by example and shows his "bravado" in his onfield production.

TY looks a little too comfortable to me. He smiles and jokes a lil too much after drops and mistakes for my taste.  I don't think its a coincidence Dorsett is ballin in NE.  I'm sure he was told to catch the ball, stay on the field (health) and dont make mistakes or you wont play.  We need alittle more accountability around here, not hugs.  the hammer drops at the end of the season.  

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'd prefer if TY keeps his mouth shut until he himself leads by example and shows his "bravado" in his onfield production.

TY looks a little too comfortable to me. He smiles and jokes a lil too much after drops and mistakes for my taste.  I don't think its a coincidence Dorsett is ballin in NE.  I'm sure he was told to catch the ball, stay on the field (health) and dont make mistakes or you wont play.  We need alittle more accountability around here, not hugs.  the hammer drops at the end of the season.  

Dorsett is ballin? Where?

In what way is dorsett ballin?

TY does lead by example. He lead the league in yardage last season with his starting QB playing. To expect him to have good numbers with Tolzien and a QB who has one start for the team is really unreal of you.