Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas (-2.5) at Denver (9-17-17)

oldunclemark

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Dallas still has a top level offense but defensively, they're not going to stop a lot of people

Dallas is starting an entire secondary of all rookies....this was bound to happen to them and was waiting...They aren't winning 13 games this year with that secondary. 

On September 16, 2017 at 1:08 AM, Synthetic said:

Go Cowboys. 

This is a great game where Dak can shine and have a good one, I'm hoping. 

Image result for dak prescott celebration

Love this kid and am rooting for him every step of the way. Dak is going to be something special in the future...

Bogie, 

As much as I detest Dallas with the heat of a thousand suns, I do agree with you Dak is the real deal & he will win a Championship before his career is all said & done. Prescott is almost impossible not to like. 

Having said all that however, I was never so happy to see Chris Harris & Talib pick Dak off. It was fantastic! Elliott being stuffed on the run was also great to see too. Derek Wolfe was a beast as well. 

Proud of you Denver for shutting the Cowboys up all game long. It almost made up for the Colts losing to AZ. 

On September 18, 2017 at 11:45 AM, dgambill said:

Shows how bad that Giants offense is huh?

Yep, it's gonna be a long season for faithful Big Blue fans like myself DGB. Eric Flowers is the worst, their running game is dismal at best, & Brandon Marshal isn't the offensive weapon I expected him to be at all. 

Eli has no time to survey the secondary with that lousy line in front of him. Ben Mcadoo is definitely on the hot seat. 

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Bogie, 

As much as I detest Dallas with the heat of a thousand suns, I do agree with you Dak is the real deal & he will win a Championship before his career is all said & done. Prescott is almost impossible not to like. 

Having said all that however, I was never so happy to see Chris Harris & Talib pick Dak off. It was fantastic! Elliott being stuffed on the run was also great to see too. Derek Wolfe was a beast as well. 

Proud of you Denver for shutting the Cowboys up all game long. It almost made up for the Colts losing to AZ. 

This guy Derek Wolfe is outstanding for the 1-gap run D that they run. When he is not in their line up, their run D suffers. Their new rookie, Demarcus Walker, is another fit to replace what they had in Malik Jackson. Of course, adding Domato Peko, former Bengal, also helps. Elways never stops adding to their trenches. He got former Cowboy Leary and he has been an instant upgrade for their guard position.

Cowboys losing both Free and Leary has led to some continuity loss on their OL, La'el Collins has the feet of a guard, IMO but is forced to play tackle. I do not expect their OL to beast like they did last year, just my two cents. They will still be good but their D needs to be protected by their O and running game, that is the only way it works for them. Dak has to take the next step and complete more timing throws successfully. Otherwise, it will be Zeke running or Dak running :)

On September 17, 2017 at 7:37 PM, oldunclemark said:

102-yard interception return by Talib.....that's gonna sting

I'm still mad at Talib for poking TE Dwayne Allen in the eye when he was still a Colt OUM, but I must admit that the final turnover by the Broncos secondary made my weekend. It really did.

If John Elway could somehow pry Drew Brees out of the Bayou, Denver will win another ring easy. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, oldunclemark said:

How did they let that happen....?

$$$ Their big name stars are on offense. RB, WR, TE, whole OL. They also had some high draft picks and underperforming secondary guys that they didn't want to re-sign and bring back. They are lucky they don't have to pay Dak. They only have so much to go around...that team has a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and a couple key defenders getting paid....they are built to control the ball, get a lead, and they have a decent DC that protects that secondary but as we saw last offseason against Green Bay...they can and will be carved up by a good qb or game plan....what was more telling was how bad the Giants offense was the week before. The fact that Denver was able to carve them up probably shows more where they stand....NY is a mess.

11 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm still mad at Talib for poking TE Dwayne Allen in the eye when he was still a Colt OUM, but I must admit that the final turnover by the Broncos secondary made my weekend. It really did.

If John Elway could somehow pry Drew Brees out of the Bayou, Denver will win another ring easy. 

Drew would have trouble playing behind that Denver OL. Its bad in NO but they at least do a decent job protecting him. If this season just implodes him and Sean might just ride off into the sunset....well one retire and the other sit out a year and get another job. Tom I think will stick around to break all the records...while winning....Drew....he may just decide its all not worth it.

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This guy Derek Wolfe is outstanding for the 1-gap run D that they run. When he is not in their line up, their run D suffers. Their new rookie, Demarcus Walker, is another fit to replace what they had in Malik Jackson. Of course, adding Domato Peko, former Bengal, also helps. Elways never stops adding to their trenches. He got former Cowboy Leary and he has been an instant upgrade for their guard position.

Cowboys losing both Free and Leary has led to some continuity loss on their OL, La'el Collins has the feet of a guard, IMO but is forced to play tackle. I do not expect their OL to beast like they did last year, just my two cents. They will still be good but their D needs to be protected by their O and running game, that is the only way it works for them. Dak has to take the next step and complete more timing throws successfully. Otherwise, it will be Zeke running or Dak running :)

Beautifully stated Chad, especially what I bolded from your post. Derek never gets enough love or props to me. He really doesn't. I mean that guy literally stops backs dead in their tracks & forces opposing QBs to beat you thru the air. Plus, Wolfe can still sack field generals with the best pass rushers around or compel Prescott to move off his spot & flee the pocket to no avail. 

Yes, as a HOF QB, John understands that if your starting QB has no protection, your team will be toast & the game will be over before it even starts. I've always respected that about #7 in his front office capacity. John knows QBs need time to slice up a secondary & if you cannot run the ball; your play action passing & roll out naked bootleg trickery struggles too. I have so much respect for John & his smooth transition into the GM position. Most Championship QBs have difficulty making sound draft & trade decisions. Not Elway though. 

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Drew would have trouble playing behind that Denver OL. Its bad in NO but they at least do a decent job protecting him. If this season just implodes him and Sean might just ride off into the sunset....well one retire and the other sit out a year and get another job. Tom I think will stick around to break all the records...while winning....Drew....he may just decide its all not worth it.

Do you mean that Brees would have problems seeing over Denver's line because he's vertically challenged or short DGB? Maybe. I just think Drew desperately wants another ring & the Saints aren't anywhere close to providing that right now. 

Drew has certainly made enough money to retire from football after this year if he wants. You're exactly right about that & perhaps he feels that his body has taken enough punishment over the years too & you still wanna be able to run around & play with your kids I guess. 

I seesaw back & forth about it. The end your career on a Championship high note or just walk away & pursue a TV broadcasting gig etc. etc. Ideally, I like to see Philip Rivers win a ring in Denver, but the Chargers would never allow that to happen in a million yrs. 

44 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Do you mean that Brees would have problems seeing over Denver's line because he's vertically challenged or short DGB? Maybe. I just think Drew desperately wants another ring & the Saints aren't anywhere close to providing that right now. 

Drew has certainly made enough money to retire from football after this year if he wants. You're exactly right about that & perhaps he feels that his body has taken enough punishment over the years too & you still wanna be able to run around & play with your kids I guess. 

I seesaw back & forth about it. The end your career on a Championship high note or just walk away & pursue a TV broadcasting gig etc. etc. Ideally, I like to see Philip Rivers win a ring in Denver, but the Chargers would never allow that to happen in a million yrs. 

Yeah Phillip is never going to Denver....the fans would revolt lol...but yeah I want to see success for many of these veteran qbs that have played great and put their time in. I don't think the issue is size with Drew its just Denvers line protection-wise is pretty bad...and NO despite their flaws generally protect him...or the offense is such that he knows it well enough he can get rid of the ball without having to hold it. You put Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and Drew Brees who all get rid of the ball and make decisions in a split second in an unfamiliar offense and you lose some of that pure reaction/reflex recognition they have...they might still be great but its going to limit somewhat their influence.

I'd love to see Rivers get to the SB...be an awesome story....speaking of which...what happened to the Charger girl that used to be on here....did the move to LA make her give up on them? Just wondering.