Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fili Moala-DUI

OnlyUtahColtsFan

I hope it's only a 1 game suspension, but Pat wasn't driving...that makes a huge difference. A DUI is handled much more seriously than public intoxication.

We REALLY need him on the field, but I don't see the Colts not arranging some sort of punishment...I pretty much think they have to in some way...

Mis-read your post...Yes, I agree...At the least.

Exactly, and that was what I was trying to say. McAfee's actions didn't endanger other lives. But Moala's offense was not only worse than Pat's, it was also his second.

Should have made that more clear I suppose lol

Based on the McAfee incident last year. I would say a 1 game suspension at the LEAST.

Dissappointing news to say for sure.

Especialy as there were 3 counts of misdemeanors he was convicted of & speeding was dismissed it says

convicted today on 3 misdemeanor counts -- of operating a vehicle while intoxicated,-- operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a BAC of 0.08 percent to 0.15 percent -- and public intoxication. A Marion Superior Court judge convicted him of all three counts today., speeding was dismissed ---

To bad he didnt get suspended last year and would be over with

Exactly, and that was what I was trying to say. McAfee's actions didn't endanger other lives. But Moala's offense was not only worse than Pat's, it was also his second.

Should have made that more clear I suppose lol

Where did you read this is his second? I have not been able to find that anywhere and if it was his second he would have got more than 180 days probation.

Driving under the influence is stupid and I'm not a big fan of drinking alcohol in general but if he is a regular drinker then a 0.1 limit probably didn't impair him much.

McAfee's incident is pretty funny overall, but his wasn't exactly victimless... he scared some woman when he approached her car and wanted to get in. Scared her so much she ran a red light and called the polic.

And I'm sure the woman who Pat came up to is still having nightmares about what happened. Very traumatic lol

You are either not married or if you are you don't have any daughters. Trust me, late at night a guy who is not wearing shirt, starts knocking on your car window and trying to get into the car, that is very traumatic.

Guys are different. If that happened to me (or most guys), I probably would have opened the door, let him and driven him home and we would have had a good laugh about it. Women have to worry about being mugged, robbed and/or raped any time they are alone.

Not married or have kids, but I am the only boy in a family of 5 girls so I think I have a good grasp on what women go through. Most likely more than most men want to know lol.

I'm sure it was scary the minute it happened but once the cops came and sorted everything out I'm sure she was fine. Let's not blow it out of proportion like she's haunted by the incident to this very day.

There are much worse things that can happen late at night in the city is my point I suppose. No big deal though I understand what you were saying

I am the only boy in a family of 5 girls so I think I have a good grasp on what women go through. Most likely more than most men want to know lol.

I'm sorry.

I'm sure it was scary the minute it happened but once the cops came and sorted everything out I'm sure she was fine. Let's not blow it out of proportion like she's haunted by the incident to this very day.

I wasn't making it any more than what it was... a traumatic experience for a woman who was by herself. I was not the one who brought up nightmares, etc.

That last bit was less in reference to anything you said specifically. I meant it more in the sense that, even though the woman had no clue at the time, Pat had no malicious intent and wasn't trying to cause harm.

Didn't mean to imply those were your thoughts. Apologies for that.

Back on topic: Colts won't take any additional action against Moala

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110805/SPORTS03/108050330/Tommie-Harris-eager-fresh-start-Colts?odyssey=nav|head

The Colts won't pile on Fili Moala after the veteran defensive tackle was convicted Thursday of drunken driving and public intoxication stemming from a Sept. 3 incident in Indianapolis.

"It's a case that happened last year and we dealt with it internally at the time,'' Caldwell said, declining to specify the team's discipline.