Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike & Mike Comments On The Colts First Game

King Colt

Greene: "The Colts are a high school team. "

"They have the worst roster."   

"We knew they would be awful."  

"The issue is not the quarterback but the players around him."       

Golich:  "The Colts are the worst team in the NFL."

"46 to 9 and it wasn't that close."

Jeff Saturday: "That was as ugly as I have seen. It could get really ugly if they don't find a way to stop somebody."

Louis Riddick: "Their defense has been inept for years. It is a remake of the previous regime. It's all on Luck's shoulders." 

I'll add Golich and Riddick did not rule out sitting Luck for the season and I have advocated this as well. As long as the Colts are dazed and confused keep Luck out and go for a high draft pick next year 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this always makes me think of the Colts had BB instead of NE they would be the reigning dynasty and Luck would be a lot healthier since the O line would not have been an after thought when building the team. (That or Scar would have made them all 10X better) Colt fans have had 2 legendary QBs and inept coaches/ GMs IMO proves you need both to win.

They got thoroughly dismantled by the Rams.....the L.A. Rams "Coach" Pagano.  The Colts came out completely unprepared in yet another game, and start another season with a loss....a very ugly one at that.

It'll be interesting to see the mood in LOS this Sunday.  I'm guessing the boo birds will be out early, especially if Tolzien is under center.

It's going to be a long long season.  Was going to be that way the moment Pagano was kept on.  The players know he's a dead man walking, and I sure didn't see much fight from them in L.A. to help his cause.

4 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

wrong on every count. Coaching is the only problem, not the roster. The Jets are the worst team followed by the 9ers then prolly cincy

No way is Cincy worse than the Colts.   I'd take the Bengals roster in a heartbeat.   Marvin Lewis is as bad a coach as Pagano though.  

I think the Colts defense has potential.   Some decent players who just are not coached well.   A good coach could make them a top 20 defense.

Saquon Barkley, Marlon Mack, & Andrew Luck are gonna be a great trio in the future. Secure the #1 overall pick, trade back to #5 for Kings Ransom as the other teams scramble for Darnold, Rosen, etc etc. Get numerous picks, take Barkley & build a defense & offensive line with the rest of the picks 

Tank Season is here :cheer:

They are right, after the first week, we are the worst team in the NFL. Don't think that will last the whole season, we might rise to the 30th worst team.  I really don't think having Luck and Davis in the lineup would have won us the game, we just would have sucked less. Seems to be just where we are. Even with Luck and Davis- our OL looks poor, there is no pass rush, DB's look invisible and mostly our coaching is just not NFL quality.

BTW, Greenberg is a putz, don't give a crap what he says.

3 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

They got thoroughly dismantled by the Rams.....the L.A. Rams "Coach" Pagano.  The Colts came out completely unprepared in yet another game, and start another season with a loss....a very ugly one at that.

It'll be interesting to see the mood in LOS this Sunday.  I'm guessing the boo birds will be out early, especially if Tolzien is under center.

It's going to be a long long season.  Was going to be that way the moment Pagano was kept on.  The players know he's a dead man walking, and I sure didn't see much fight from them in L.A. to help his cause.

I hope that doesn't happen.   Tolzien shouldn't shoulder much of this.   Everyone knew what to expect from him.   He has shown in all preseason.   Isn't this what we expected?   Had Pagano had the team ready to play.   Had Pagano not made a bone head rush play.   Had Pagano made sure to have low risk passes built into passing plays.   This team didn't have to lose like this.  

2 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

They are right, after the first week, we are the worst team in the NFL. Don't think that will last the whole season, we might rise to the 30th worst team.  I really don't think having Luck and Davis in the lineup would have won us the game, we just would have sucked less. Seems to be just where we are. Even with Luck and Davis- our OL looks poor, there is no pass rush, DB's look invisible and mostly our coaching is just not NFL quality.

Totally agree there.

8 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

the crowd in LOS won't be the problem. A team that doesn't believe in the coaching staff is.

4 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

The coaching fails put the players in an unwinnable situation. When you"re down 3 scores the other team can open up the playbook on offense and defense while your own playbook becomes very limited. The non challenge changed everything.

12 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

wrong on every count. Coaching is the only problem, not the roster. The Jets are the worst team followed by the 9ers then prolly cincy

I agree wholeheartedly.  Pagans thinks kissing Ballards * is enough to keep his job.  Drop him and either promote someone or hire someone that is at the very least competent.  He's just a plain old bad coach and I don't think he will recognize his flaw.  I'm sick of him trying to "outsmart" everybody and he's the only one he's outsmarting.  /end rant

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I hope that doesn't happen.   Tolzien shouldn't shoulder much of this.   Everyone knew what to expect from him.   He has shown in all preseason.   Isn't this what we expected?   Had Pagano had the team ready to play.   Had Pagano not made a bone head rush play.   Had Pagano made sure to have low risk passes built into passing plays.   This team didn't have to lose like this.  

I totally get it.  

It's not fair to Tolzien, he is who he is, and obviously he's not the guy that can keep this ship afloat until AL comes back.  But a lot of fans don't care about that.  They want to see a product on the field that is worthy of their, time, energy, and most importantly their money.  Tolzien will be run out of the building with boos the first mistake that he makes.  I think the fans may be a bit more forgiving to Brissett due to his newness to the team.  I also think Brissett may give the fans a glimmer of hope, because if anybody has any hope with Tolzien playing they need to take off those rose colored glasses.

9 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

i mostly agree with what you said, but kelly is our best player on the oline

should look a lot better when he comes back 

7 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

the crowd in LOS won't be the problem. A team that doesn't believe in the coaching staff is.

While the players in the locker room are the key to all of this, they do also feed off of the energy from the crowd.  Once the negative snowball starts rolling it's really hard to break that momentum.

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i mostly agree with what you said, but kelly is our best player on the oline

should look a lot better when he comes back 

I agree. Kelly makes a lot of line calls / protection changes that didn't happen yesterday. He won't make them a top 10 OL but definitely better than what we witnessed vs the Rams.

14 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

While the players in the locker room are the key to all of this, they do also feed off of the energy from the crowd.  Once the negative snowball starts rolling it's really hard to break that momentum.

Crowd noise hasn't been a factor for Colts home games since the left the Hoosier Dome. Trust me I'm there every week.

6 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

Crowd noise hasn't been a factor for Colts home games since the left the Hoosier Dome. Trust me I'm there every week.

I am too, and I would argue that statement.  LOS can get rocking and super loud, but it goes hand in hand with the play on the field.  Sub par play and the crowd goes silent (other than the boos).  The play is good and the crowd is alive.  IDK, maybe my section is more into the games than some of the others.  

Peyton's first game back was the loudest I've ever heard that place from start to finish, but to say that solely a venue change has taken crowd noise out is a false statement.

51 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Greene: "The Colts are a high school team. "

"They have the worst roster."   

"We knew they would be awful."  

"The issue is not the quarterback but the players around him."       

Golich:  "The Colts are the worst team in the NFL."

"46 to 9 and it wasn't that close."

Jeff Saturday: "That was as ugly as I have seen. It could get really ugly if they don't find a way to stop somebody."

Louis Riddick: "Their defense has been inept for years. It is a remake of the previous regime. It's all on Luck's shoulders." 

I'll add Golich and Riddick did not rule out sitting Luck for the season and I have advocated this as well. As long as the Colts are dazed and confused keep Luck out and go for a high draft pick next year 

We've become a laughing stock in the NFL. We earned that yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

What would be the correct reaction to a game lost 46-9 against a Rams team that was predicted to win 5 games?

Patience. Lot's of new starters, many injuries to key players, played a non conference team on the road so the loss is not a conference loss. Defensive line and OL played well considering the circumstances.  Lots of upside to look forward to when starters return and rookies gain more experience.  

All I know is loud mouth Dakich is gonna go off today and I'm gonna listen to every bit lol.  Pagano should have been fired.  Hell, my daughter's teddy bear could coach better .  

and for the record, I was all for giving him a chance but if you can't even get the team you're playing name right, you have no business near a clipboard for any team