Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyel: The Colts have no idea what they're doing

colt18

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's all good man. I didn't think too much of it. Like, I said we're on the same page. I think the only thing we differ on is if Pagano would lie. He definitely doesn't speak his mind all the time. And I understand that everyone does coach talk and you can't air dirty laundry, but he isn't even forthcoming about stuff that's obvious. Like how he said this is the most comfortable he's felt about an OL? Really Chuck? With 3 guys who are unknowns?

Id also say he is guilty of always either overselling things (players in particular) or downplaying the severity of certain situations (Lucks injury in 2015). Too many people try and make it seem like these are things that all NFL coaches do and that no one can talk about certain things, but Pagano is on a different level. Like I said, not sure if he lies, but he tries to pulls fast ones up there on the podium and it's all easy to see through.

I don't think he's trying to pull any fast ones...he's just not going to divulge the truth about certain things, especially if it would cast anyone else in the organization in any kind of negative light. 

And I've seen a number of people make similar comments to this:

"Like how he said this is the most comfortable he's felt about an OL? Really Chuck? With 3 guys who are unknowns?"

But really think about it.  Last year, Colts gave up the most sacks in the league through the first 10 weeks, then were near the least given up in the last 6 games.  Kelly was awesome and yes he is hurt right now but both he and Ballard have said Kelly is very close to returning.  Several reports have come out that Mewhort is as healthy as he's been in a couple of years.  He doesn't have to look at guys like Samson Satele, Mike McGlynn, Jeff Linkenbach or any of the other trainwrecks that Grigson brought in. 

So, it's entirely possible that Pagano was being legitimately serious when he said that. lol

2 hours ago, J@son said:

I don't think he's trying to pull any fast ones...he's just not going to divulge the truth about certain things, especially if it would cast anyone else in the organization in any kind of negative light. 

And I've seen a number of people make similar comments to this:

"Like how he said this is the most comfortable he's felt about an OL? Really Chuck? With 3 guys who are unknowns?"

But really think about it.  Last year, Colts gave up the most sacks in the league through the first 10 weeks, then were near the least given up in the last 6 games.  Kelly was awesome and yes he is hurt right now but both he and Ballard have said Kelly is very close to returning.  Several reports have come out that Mewhort is as healthy as he's been in a couple of years.  He doesn't have to look at guys like Samson Satele, Mike McGlynn, Jeff Linkenbach or any of the other trainwrecks that Grigson brought in. 

So, it's entirely possible that Pagano was being legitimately serious when he said that. lol

My issue is that the starters from last year when the line was "improving " are no longer the starters. And I have no problem with them getting beat out. I thought all the "Grigson finally fixed the line" talk was premature anyways. I just don't get how you say that when you've got two unproven players starting at LG and RT (excluding Bond because Kelly will be back). And yo make it worse he said in the same pressers that they were still experimenting and trying to find the 5 best, so he kind of contradicted himself.

When you're buying a car, you don't test drive other cars once you've found the car you're comfortable with.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

My issue is that the starters from last year when the line was "improving " are no longer the starters. And I have no problem with them getting beat out. I thought all the "Grigson finally fixed the line" talk was premature anyways. I just don't get how you say that when you've got two unproven players starting at LG and RT (excluding Bond because Kelly will be back). And yo make it worse he said in the same pressers that they were still experimenting and trying to find the 5 best, so he kind of contradicted himself.

When you're buying a car, you don't test drive other cars once you've found the car you're comfortable with.

yeah I get where you're coming from.  It definitely falls into that old category along with "rolling ball of butcher knives" and Chapman the "900 lb safe".  I pretty much ignore his pressers for the most part because I know what to expect.  I just though it was kind of funny (in a sad way) that it's entirely possible he was being truthful about being as optimistic about the OL as he ever has been.  That still doesn't mean that it's actually good...just that it has more potential than in year's past. :)

14 minutes ago, J@son said:

yeah I get where you're coming from.  It definitely falls into that old category along with "rolling ball of butcher knives" and Chapman the "900 lb safe".  I pretty much ignore his pressers for the most part because I know what to expect.  I just though it was kind of funny (in a sad way) that it's entirely possible he was being truthful about being as optimistic about the OL as he ever has been.  That still doesn't mean that it's actually good...just that it has more potential than in year's past. :)

Yup. That possibility is sad if he was being serious. Imagine being comfortable with Denzel Good at RT and Vujnovich at LG. I really hope he was just doing his typical overselling of talent.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Yup. That possibility is sad if he was being serious. Imagine being comfortable with Denzel Good at RT and Vujnovich at LG. I really hope he was just doing his typical overselling of talent.

to be perfectly honest, I think it's a combination of the 2.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, J@son said:

Of course pagano took the heat for it. That's what head coaches do. If it had been a case where chud was the one to hurry them to the line then do you really think pagano would tell that to anyone outside of the organization? Of course not. 

If I'm Ballard, I call both chud and pags into my office. If chuck says it was his call and chud doesn't dispute? See ya chuck and chud is on a very short leash. Chuck takes the blame but chud comes clean and says it was him? Bye chud but chuck is on a very short leash because I still don't give him a full pass. If they try to get cute and neither backs down each claiming to be solely responsible...I fire them both. 

Whether I keep chud or not, if I have to replace pagano its with philbin, not chud.

Btw, the word you're looking for is gibberish. 

No, it's gerbbish. It references a familiarity with gerbbles.

I began life as a Steelers fan coming from New Castle, Pa.  That's back when the Steelers stunk.  Moved to Cleveland, home of football gods, and became a fan.  Steelers immediately began winning and Browns began long, torturous decline.  I gave up on the Browns when they drafted Winslow, passing on Roethlisberger.  Their abject stupidity for the last twenty years is amazing.

I vowed to root for whichever team drafted my home town's Malik Hooker.  Hooray, I always liked the Colts, too, since watching The Horse Ameche pile drive into the endzone as a kid.  Johnny U was my favorite QB until Joe Namath (who played against New Castle) came along.  (If I had to win a game, Broadway Joe is the QB I'd take.)

Of all the coaches the Browns have had since returning in 1999, only Butch Davis had any success.  Hue Jackson, we'll soon see about.  But believe it or not, I would've kept Chud, who was let go after one year by another regime.  He was much better than Shurmer, Pettine and the others.  Also, give me a head coach who knows offense.  They tend to handle time management and situational calls better.  I defer to all you more knowledgeable Colts fans about Pagano, but if he goes during the season, my replacement pick would be Chud.

On 9/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, King Colt said:

Hey! Your theoretical gerbbish left out the fact Pagano already took the pipe for it. He told the players in the locker room at half time and in his post game dribble took the blame as well. So call Ballard first thing Monday and give him your thoughts. 

"Take the pipe " is an idiom that means to commit suicide. 

It may be in your side of the street but in Chicago it means you take the rap, the beating and the time.  Why would I look this up? Who gives a pharo's harem.? Harry Carey was an actor, a sports broadcaster and an easy way out for people who tested the concrete in the crash of 1929 and Japanese that figured out Americans did not appreciate Pearl Harbor getting bombed. "Spit in the ocean." "Twenty-three skidoo." "Pipe down"