Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Wasted Season

TigerColt

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

Really ?????>>>>>>>>>Mike WellsVerified account @MikeWellsNFL 21m21 minutes ago

This just summed up Chuck Pagano in the postgame presser. He said they got their "butt" kicked by the "49ers."......PAGANO THOUGHT WE JUST PLAYED THE 49'r's ?????????????????

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A879/southwest-airlines-wanna-get-away-sale-i-am-fenwick

59 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think we stuck with Pagano one year too long.  Sure the guy has a winning record but if you look within the numbers we've been an average team that rode Luck's shouldrs until one of them has given out...  Pray that the injury isn't debilitating and we haven't wasted his career with a below average HC & GM.

CB trading for Brissett just shows that he's the real deal. It was a shrewd move whether Luck comes back sooner or later. We should have cleaned house on Chuck and his staff though & let CB bring in his own HC.  

Anything would have been better than this display.  But it's not like we haven't seen it all before.  Hell we'll probably still go 8-8 and probably give Chuck an extension...  :peek:

One year too long???  He should never have been hired in the first place, but Irsay should have dropped the axe after yr 3.

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

Take those away and this team still gets destroyed.

Or the offense should’ve played better. You can’t blame the coaches. Next week we may not see Tolzien. Relax it’s just one game. Better play on offense and this team will be fine. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, BProland85 said:

Are you really surprised this team looked as bad as they did today? They're missing numerous starters to injury, including key starters Luck, Davis, Kelly, and Geathers. 

Plus this coaching staff shows it cannot prepare a proper game plan, year in and year out. I'm not surprised and I have no doubt major changes in the coaching department will be made in the offseason. Hopefully a quality strength and conditioning staff is brought in to replace the current staff also. 

I agree that we were missing some key players. But more importantly I look at all of the Great players that we traded away before this season began. It looked like we were trying to get rid of nearly all of our great  veterans ! I have seen this before, when teams have tried to "Start over from the ground up." This strategy is seldom productive, and usually indicates a fatalistic attitude which is invariably a precursor to a disastrous season. I really hope that I am wrong because I am a rabid Colts fan, but for now I am in despair when looking into our immediate future.

6 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

I agree that we were missing some key players. But more importantly I look at all of the Great players that we traded away before this season began. It looked like we were trying to get rid of nearly all of our great  veterans ! I have seen this before, when teams have tried to "Start over from the ground up." This strategy is seldom productive, and usually indicates a fatalistic attitude which is invariably a precursor to a disastrous season. I really hope that I am wrong because I am a rabid Colts fan, but for now I am in despair when looking into our immediate future.

Who was so great?

On 9/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, crunked said:

Sarcasm served today wild West Style: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.........Today..... Run defense good, pass defense apparently played by me, it was baaaaaaaad. Tolzien, was still more consistent then Morris.........apparently......... throwing two touchdowns to the Rams and Moncriefs face mask screwed up the 3rd. Head scratching coaching early, Gore (power runner mid field) Mack small fast guy at the goal line.......Where was the challenge flag Chuck on the Mack score.......save those time outs brutha.......Mack and TY's fumblerooskies didn't help.....and AV, missing 2 FG's makes you have to ask, is he starting to lose to father time, or does the new long snapper holder need more practice.....someone ask me today when I thought Luck would be ready, I said judging by the QB play today ...PDQ......Luckily it only counts as 1 loss, although I am sure the Rams will be asking the league to review that count......1 Game peeps, the suckage was large, but look at it this way, we can't look worse than that next week right?....well? Right? LOL

Right !!, we can't look worse than we did against the 49ers

Another wasted season is right!  Why is Pagano still the Colts coach?  Since Mr. Irsay is so in love with Pagano, please trade Luck.  Irsay should have never let Arians slip out the door.  Can we please swap franchises with the Rams again like in the 70's.  And, Irsay is still talking about multiple trophies?  Please wake up Mr. Irsay.

41 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

What great players did they get rid of?

On 9/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, pgt_rob said:

Yeah... I knew it was going to be an ugly game, but not THAT ugly. Tolzein does not belong on our roster. He is nothing special. 2 Pick 6's and almost a 3rd towards the end on the throw to Moncrief. I'd like to see Brissett show what he's got next week for the full game. I know pagano will most likely try to put Tolzein out there to start the game. Just a feeling. The D-Line looked pretty strong though. That's all I got. 

Scott has 9 INT and 2 TD from 2013 to 2017. He has given a defense just as many TDs as he has score himself, in less than 4 hours. The guy doesn't belong in the NFL period. 

On 9/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, Thorolf said:

What geat players did we trade away? I can't think of one 

Even if the season ends up being a down year as far as W's and L's go, i'm still looking forward to watching the youngsters grow and the team gel. Probably gonna take the majority of the season for them to get comfortable. Only hoping our OC/DC can get their guys in better situations, because as far as Pagano goes, he gets a vote of "No Confidence" from me. He's completely out of his depth imo. 

during the Manning era, you always felt there was a chance to win every game, well maybe not New England, but now there seems to be no direction. During the Harbaugh era, the Colts would come out of halftime and be on fire. It was fun to watch. The Colts would make half time adjustments or in game changes and show remarkably better success on both sides of the ball. Now days, if they suck right out the gate, they will suck all day and seem unable to get any momentum whatsoever. I have been one of the people backing the coach to maintain continuity for this team, but I think the time has come for real change. I would not want to coach todays players. If they do not buy in to your message, they would rather be on injured list and not perform. You have to have strong leaders in the locker room and I think they have a lack of these olso.

On 9/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, cjrichard said:

No excuse for the poor preparation of the team (coaching) and how they handled the QB position (management).  Been a Colt fan since the 70s and I have never seen such a poor performance.  

I'm starting to think the organization KNEW Luck would not be ready and were keeping it a secret to protect ticket sales.  

I'm still a Colts fan but i will be getting a lot of abuse this year down here in Saints country.  

Joseph

You aren't the only one who feels this way.

On 9/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, cjrichard said:

Been a Colt fan since the 70s and I have never seen such a poor performance.

Are you sure about that?  Are you REALLY sure about that?  I mean, yeah it was ugly, but have you watched every game in the last 30 years?

Do you really want to go down this road?  I can name a handful of games where the Colts looked worse.  The Colts are proud owners of some of the most shameful moments in football history.

Remember Curtis Painter?  Remember Manning throwing SIX picks against the Chargers, while the special teams gave up a punt-return AND a kick-return for TDs, all in the same game?  Remember giving up an NFL-record 375 rushing yds to JAX in 2006?  Remember 1997?  Please don't make me keep going... it hurts...

Oh and don't forget...

image.png.da5297c08fdc431bcd63eb54d0244649.png

13 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you sure about that?  Are you REALLY sure about that?  I mean, yeah it was ugly, but have you watched every game in the last 30 years?

Do you really want to go down this road?  I can name a handful of games where the Colts looked worse.  The Colts are proud owners of some of the most shameful moments in football history.

Remember Curtis Painter?  Remember Manning throwing SIX picks against the Chargers, while the special teams gave up a punt-return AND a kick-return for TDs, all in the same game?  Remember giving up an NFL-record 375 rushing yds to JAX in 2006?  Remember 1997?  Please don't make me keep going... it hurts...

Oh and don't forget...

image.png.da5297c08fdc431bcd63eb54d0244649.png

Outside of Curtis Painter in the 2011 season those other games were mostly aberrations of a season that had at least 10 other wins.

A better example would be games before Manning came along.

Those Colts teams were awful except for that great season with Harbaugh the franchise in the Indy era were irrelevant. Blackouts, barely got any night games. 

These Colts remind me of those teams above all else.

They weren't considered that in 03

NE? They won the SB that year

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Outside of Curtis Painter in the 2011 season those other games were mostly aberrations of a season that had at least 10 other wins.

Not to turn your own logic against you, but we are only one game into this season, so we have no idea if this last game was an aberration or not.  Luck could come back and win 10+ straight, making week 1 an aberration.

My point is that, at certain times in their history, the Colts have looked worse, even with Manning playing.  So calling the season "wasted" after one game with a backup QB is just silly...

On 9/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, cjrichard said:

No excuse for the poor preparation of the team (coaching) and how they handled the QB position (management).  Been a Colt fan since the 70s and I have never seen such a poor performance.  

I'm starting to think the organization KNEW Luck would not be ready and were keeping it a secret to protect ticket sales.  

I'm still a Colts fan but i will be getting a lot of abuse this year down here in Saints country.  

Joseph

Everyone knew this was a rebuild year with or without Luck, so seeing them struggle shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who follows the team closely.