LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not sure what game you're looking at, but compared to other years this line actually looks decent.  Not great or good, but better than last year.

Looking at the same game as you, which is a game of opinions and one in which I am not trying to compare to other years.

Not a good O-line and I think the constant shuffling has done nothing to solidify what could be a functional unit.

Somewhere Stephen Morris is smiling, sorry to pile it on but when Jim Harbaugh had Colin Kaepernick on a roll it was a gut decision for him to bench Alex Smith, the safe floor (like our Tolzien), the safe option, and it got him all the way to the Super Bowl!!!  Sometimes you have to make gut decisions not based on what is safe but what will get you the win and all of us knew it was not with Tolzien. This is definitely not based on hindsight and hundreds of us were clamoring for Stephen Morris.

13 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

The fact that they didn't sign a veteran QB knowing Luck was out is a slap in the face to the fans.  

Pretty much told us to screw off. So I will.

AGAIN.  They did the same thing the year Manning was out.  And "they" is not even the same "they."  Okay, I know that they did sign a veteran QB the year that Manning was out, but not nearly early enough in the off season to give him a chance to be effective.

Just now, chad72 said:

Somewhere Stephen Morris is smiling, sorry to pile it on but when Jim Harbaugh had Colin Kaepernick on a roll it was a gut decision for him to bench Alex Smith, the safe floor (like our Tolzien), the safe option, and it got him all the way to the Super Bowl!!!  Sometimes you have to make gut decisions not based on what is safe but what will get you the win and all of us knew it was not with Tolzien. This is definitely not based on hindsight and hundreds of us were clamoring for Stephen Morris.

JB is pretty good, the thing is even if they had Morris they wouldn't have played him until the 4th... lol

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You don't have to acknowledge stuff like this, you know like the realities of playing QB in NFL. Easier to scream and shout.

The reality is that Tolzien isn't an option for this team anymore. It doesn't matter if he knows the playbook if he can't execute it. 

Look at the decision Houston made with Savage over Watson. Watson hadn't fully grasped the scheme either and yet, he was starting by the end of the game. And he also looked better than Savage. 

Our staff made the wrong decision.